Sex, Race & Satanism | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Discussion » General Discussion
SIN Oct 18 '10
I am sure everyone has noticed a significant more number of men than women in Satanism. You ever wonder why? I have. Even here on SIN we have about 90 females and about 400 males. I would speculate that the reason behind this satanic sausage fest has to do primarily with archetypes and symbolism. Satan, and Satanism typically is portrayed in a masculine/aggressive manner.Therefore attracting more males. I think in general young women with an interest in the occult will probably look at something they can more readily identify with . Like ....the Goddess. Or wicca . I am sure you have noticed the Wicca community is not short on women. Or effeminate pony-tail over weight lonely men either . I admire the women in Satanism . They have had to march a little harder and longer with less encouragement than us men.But ,I did give up on trying to find a satanist female to settle down with. I am not against it. And would prefer too with another Satanist. But it is just slim pickings . And For every female Satanist there are 10,000+ female atheist/agnostics. i mean....I know I am a sexy mother fucker and women find me iresistable and all...but why limit your self to such a same percentile ?

Regarding Satanism and race. I am sure most have noticed that 80% or more of us are white. I think that is likely a cultural issue. And a social/economical one aswell. I think that children of a certain age are encouraged and molded into certain interest and identities . And some ethnic groups are less conduecive towards a solitary interest in occultism. I think that is rapidly changing though. I see and hear what I believe to be true Satanist in the latino and black music scene. Hopefully in time we will see a better balance of both sex and race with in Satanism . God knows I am tired of talking to all you cracker ass dudes all the time .
"I am not a racist,I hate all you stupid fuckers equally"

I have only been involved with one woman that called herself a Satanist before I was around . And she happened to be Asian too! Double bonus!
The Forum post is edited by SIN Oct 19 '10
Deleted user Oct 18 '10
Quote from SIN

I think in general young women with an interest in the occult will probably look at something they can more readily identify with . Like ....the Goddess. Or wicca

... or someone named Venus Satanis.
SIN Oct 18 '10
I said in general & young women . Venus is nether "general/typical" nor young.
Deleted user Oct 18 '10
Quote from SIN

I did give up on trying to find a satanist female to settle down with. I am not against it. And would prefer too with another Satanist. But it is just slim pickings .

I can totally relate to this statement. I live in a small town where Satanism is hardly even a part of anyone's vocabulary, let alone a way of life for the females around here. I've dated numerous Atheists, and they are much more tolerable than the typical Catholic (which there's no shortage of). Wicca seems to be popular around here, but I find that they are typically white-light, hairy legged, granola crunching hippies that feel Satanists ruin their 'vibe'.

The majority of Atheist women around here aren't too comfortable with the idea of Satanism, but it's the same with any religion for them. I don't bother sharing my beliefs anymore, as I find that sharing the fact that you're a Satanist is often a highly effective 'cock-blocker'...I figure, the best way to show a romantic interest what Satanism is about is to simply be yourself. This way, if being a Satanist comes up later, you've shown them who you (as a Satanist) are.

There's a lot of female Satanists out there, but many of them are jaded after so many encounters with 'reverse xians', outright deviants, men who call themselves Satanists but don't live it...and have even been accosted by other men who assume that being a 'Satanic' female simply labels them a 'whore'.

I have also given up on the idea of finding a Satanic woman, it's just not realistic. Also, simply being a Satanist isn't enough...

You're percentages are just about right though I'm afraid (IMO, no census figures to back it up though)...However, I have been meeting quite a few 'minority' Satanists as of late, as regardless of heritage...the numbers of those who are tired with 'the greatest story ever sold' are on the rise. Satanism none-the-less is still predominantly white.

Although I can't say I agree with much of the 'ghetto / Gangsta' lifestyle, I have to say that these folks live a large portion of the Satanic philosophy out of natural need within the laws of the jungle. They live in a jungle, and many of the tenets are necessary to survive...
Deleted user Oct 18 '10
Quote from SIN

I said in general & young women . Venus is nether "general/typical" nor young.

She's not 'old'. Seen her dance?

Zeits are zeits.
Deleted user Oct 19 '10
SIN wrote:

'Regarding Satanism and race. I am sure most have noticed that 80% or more of us are white. I think that is likely a cultural issue. And a social/economical one aswell. I think that children of a certain age are encouraged and molded into certain interest and identities . And some ethnic groups are less conduecive towards a solitary interest in occultism. I think that is rapidly changing though. I see and hear what I believe to be true Satanist in the latino and black music scene. Hopefully in time we will see a better balance of both sex and race with in Satanism . God knows I am tired of talking to all you cracker ass dudes all the time'

--I guess I'll address this topic from the vantage point of a 'minority satanist', lol. From the 'other side of the fence', in a cultural sense, I often feel much apprehension and hesitance amongst the 'white' satanists that I interact with on this social networking site. It's something I'm used to, because overcoming stereotypical perceptions is old hat to me. Being 100% filipino, and raised most of my life in America, amongst my own race I have to deal with many preconceived notions about who I am and how I carry myself. Many of my filipino friends call me a 'coconut' because they assume I'm 'brown' on the outside, but I try to act 'white' on the inside. I don't speak with a thick accent, I can read and write english exceptionally, and I don't walk on eggshells around people of other races because I am honest and I don't coddle anyone for fear of offending them. On the contrary, I have no problem calling a spade a spade, a wigger a wigger, a cracker a cracker, a beaner a beaner, etc. Those words have little to no relevance to the fact that I'm engaging with satanists. Plain and simple, you don't need to understand my struggle as a minority to understand that I'm a satanist. As I'm sure SIN will attest, since he's met me, I'm one of the coolest, most chillaxed people to be around. Definitely not a dickhead satanist who's arrogant and self-absorbed. As far as the ladies go, well, there's a reason SIN nicknamed me 'pimp a pino', and I don't take that as derogatory in the slightest. This is a social network, and sprinkling some game on the sparse amount of women that come on here is part of the fun of social interaction. As a satanist I feel at home here, so formalities and tactfulness shouldn't be emphasized if you're among friends right? (I can hear some people already probably pelting me with 'hey, politeness counts, asshole!' lol).

Born wrote:

'You're percentages are just about right though I'm afraid (IMO, no census figures to back it up though)...However, I have been meeting quite a few 'minority' Satanists as of late, as regardless of heritage...the numbers of those who are tired with 'the greatest story ever sold' are on the rise. Satanism none-the-less is still predominantly white.

Although I can't say I agree with much of the 'ghetto / Gangsta' lifestyle, I have to say that these folks live a large portion of the Satanic philosophy out of natural need within the laws of the jungle. They live in a jungle, and many of the tenets are necessary to survive...'

--Although for the most part I agree with your assessment Born you'd be surprised at the number of 'walking contradictions' in my environment. I do consider the area I live to be a 'jungle' of sorts, albeit a concrete one since it's the inner city, and the mindset of 'hustling' and 'ghetto mentality' is prevalent. Survival of the fittest dictates that you adapt to the surroundings, and it's inevitable that the lingo and posturing rubs off on you. You know something though? For all the 'satanic' philosophy that is applied to the 'laws' of the jungle, the majority of these 'gangsta' types are actually god-fearing churchgoers! It's like the hardcore rapper that talks about killing and shooting and misogyny, then thanks 'god/jesus' when they win an award for their music. Self deceit at it's finest. Fake satanists. I turn the tables on people like this and they call me psycho for claiming satanism, go figure, lol.
SIN Oct 19 '10
Well said and good points Pimp-a-Pino and Born.When it comes to minorities and women,I give extra props to them.Outside of the obvious issues in being a known Satanist they have to deal with an extra element of hate on a daily basis. Diversity is a good thing. The more variations the better. If all of us were like Peter Glimore this would be a pretty lame fucking place. Variety is the spice of life and promotes change.Stratification will fine tune the whole in time.

When people accuse me of being a racist I usually reply " I am not a racist, I hate all you stupid fuckers equally"
The Forum post is edited by SIN Oct 19 '10
Deleted user Oct 25 '10
Hell, sometimes Satanist men get with Christian women. I don't think it's very practical to limit oneself. That attitude can drive people away who you might otherwise be compatible with.
MerlinRavenSong Oct 26 '10
Here in Michigan you will find African American Satanists, Witches, and Pagans of all sorts. I think for some reason the state of Michigan has more minorities practicing alternative religions than other states. Philosophically I do consider myself to me a Satanist but metaphysically I identify with being a Witch. I'm by no means a fluffy bunny Witch I'm a Traditional Witch and our beliefs go back a lot farther than the 1950's with Gerald Gardner. When I was at Wayne State I ran an occult student organization called Full Moon Circle and we had a lot of African Americans involved in it. As time goes on you will find more of us identifying with Satanism and other branches of the occult. Sammy Davis Jr wasn't the only black Satanist, there are more.
DrakkarTyrannis Oct 26 '10
Black culture is primarily Christian. Alternate religions are often seen as "those crazy white folks"..so there isn't much to break away from that idea. To go anywhere beyond Baptist/Christian faith is seen as a bad thing. Even with other aspects of life, music and such, it's the favored thing to "stick to your own" which just enforce the beliefs and ideas carried from previous generations. In a way one would become caged within their own culture.

It does say something about those who get away from all that and identify as Satanist. After all aren't Satanists supposed to be "outstanding" and "elite"?
SIN Jul 19 '11

Quote from MerlinRavenSong Here in Michigan you will find African American Satanists, Witches, and Pagans of all sorts. I think for some reason the state of Michigan has more minorities practicing alternative religions than other states.
    I have notice this too. At least on this network. It would be interesting if an objective sociologist would step up and do some sort of objective research into Satanism/Sex/Race in the United States.

Makes me wish I woulda stayed in school ...
Espiritus Jul 20 '11
You should take a look at a study by James R. Lewis called "Who Serves Satan?"The study is based on a survey, trying to define the common aspects of different satanists. Please be aware that the study is 10 years old, which means that is does not correctly represent todays Satanists. Besides that, the study is based on information gathered from only 140 respondents. However, it does show that it is mostly men who are involved in Satanism. Here is the link to a free PDF: http://www.uni-marburg.de/...ticles/lewis2001.pdf
Just out if curiosity, it would be interesting to make a similar up-to-date study here on SIN.
Certain features such as the live video/audio chat,the IM text chat and the free PDF library are only visible and available to registered users of this network .

DONATIONS

Help Keep SIN Alive. Everything Helps.
photo small.png
photo unnamed.jpg"0" alt="photo Ad.jpg" />
photo banner.png