I set a Goal for myself a year ago to buy and read 1000 Kindle books! So far I've bought a little over 500 books and I've read 90% of them.
I'm a veracious reader, ever since I dropped out of high school ironically. I used to never read when I was in school.
The cool thing about me is that when I read a book, I only remember 1% of what I've read, and the other 99% goes into some black hole in the back of my brain, far far away from my conscious mind and memory!
I don't remember shit I read. And that's a cool thing!!! Fuck the Left Brain!
The Right Side's the Tight Side.
When you read stuff, and it all goes down some black hole where you forget 99% of the shit you read, what has actually happened is that all that stuff drifts like sediment down into your unconscious mind, or your so called "subconscious mind."
That's where the cool thing happens.
Your Right Brain has access to all of that stuff in your unconscious mind.
The right brain works like google search, at least mind does. When I think of something like "FISH" what happens is my right brain draws up all of this information anyway related to fish that I got from the books I've read and so on.
For example, when I think of FISH, my right brain immediately draws up Oannes, the ancient Babalonian fish head god. Oannes is connected to Johannes or Saint John of the Bible. Saint John draws up the Jordan river, which draws up the Nile river, which draws up the Blue Nile [the milky way]. Oannes also makes me think of the Dogon people, which is a tribe of Africans who say they were visited by fish headed aliens from the planet Sirius, in ancient times.
Having this trick of mind or ability comes in handy when you write essays like I do, because even though you can't consciously remember 99.99% of what you have read or studied, one good key word, brings up a massive amount of sedimental data for you to use.
I think, in two years, I'll have bought 1000 books and have read them all. It's like a marathon! You just buy and read... buy and read... and you don't have to worry about remembering anything!