Do occult rituals Work? | Forum

Zoramonkey Member
Zoramonkey Aug 16 '17

Quote from Frater Luciferi You may be right indeed. I'm not so experienced with meditative practices because I prefer the use of symbolic acts to enter the magical trance.
As far as removing logic....if it works for you then cool but the real heavy hitters work with both ruach and nefesh.
Galeazzo62 Member
Galeazzo62 Sep 1 '17
Would people have done them for thousands of years if they dididn't? Think about it.

orange_juice
orange_juice Sep 3 '17
i guess you could say christian prayer is occult ritual/magic lol. 
TheMystic Support
TheMystic Oct 3 '17
Most of what I have learned in the LHP is that it is essentially NLP. Anyone else come to this conclusion? 
Zoramonkey Member
Zoramonkey Oct 3 '17

Quote from TheMystic Most of what I have learned in the LHP is that it is essentially NLP. Anyone else come to this conclusion? 

I have made a blog entry about that a few days ago
Don Luciferi
Don Luciferi Oct 4 '17
Magic is a force manipulated through ritual and it requires knowledge in spirit science to do.  Greater magic uses ceremony while lesser magic don't. 
orange_juice
orange_juice Oct 4 '17
Where can I find this blog post Zoramonkey?
Akrodaite
Akrodaite Oct 4 '17
Frater I wonder how can an experienced person explain obtained information in a form that can be digested by anothers mind in the right cookieform? Because if its meant to be it'll just be else any thought will just be pipe dreams feel you dont have to do ritual as you said greater and weaker devote every heartbeat every breath to progress what are you or i in such case a warrior? perhaps not maybe a dabbler or perhaps a mallemot whoem shallt tell the tale of the last person that knew but a few letters of my letter. Dont be fooled by misinformation for unfortunatly life can be cruel this was your and our and myier lesson to learn goodnight Luciferi excelsi
Akrodaite
Akrodaite Jul 13 '18

Quote from Don Luciferi My experience tells me that the practice of magick only works if there is a real desire to change. There is no "exercise rituals". When the magician enters the changed state of consciousness then rationality and logic is removed and the energy of the deep desire is released.

Thank You

Akrodaite
Akrodaite Jul 13 '18

Quote from Nathan the Prophet You know some rituals are not psychological but use power and energy to bend light to ones will. One then learns to access Dimensions where infinite knowledge can be accessed and proved as real. Don't reject the idea of paranormal powers. There may be more to light than you know. In an infinite stream of spirits there are no boundaries.

Quote from Nathan the Prophet Everything can be explained! Why limit yourself?

You sounded a bit robotic as if this is Self explanatori? Nein this cannot be this is non self explaining sSir It means a lot when a demon visits me in my dream to say i need to piss the fuck off, Makes me mad and hot as LavaishHell Ill get through is your Sound Outing i Agree Push on dont believe Tools for Fools saying its impossible, Nyarlathotep is amazingly hard to get around to get that infinity to fight this Unknown Enemy it took me 20 Yrs to get through all this Demonic (nightly) enemy i dont believe in angels its the same realm to me I am apparently far... So not to feel all high and mighty just wanna know Did you do self education or Guided? Etc? Such a question in regards why do you talk as if its normal, Its strange this world Dont you Agree?

As they say Namaste Have a good day.

Akrodaite
Akrodaite Jul 13 '18

Quote from Akrodaite
Quote from Nathan the Prophet You know some rituals are not psychological but use power and energy to bend light to ones will. One then learns to access Dimensions where infinite knowledge can be accessed and proved as real. Don't reject the idea of paranormal powers. There may be more to light than you know. In an infinite stream of spirits there are no boundaries.

Quote from Nathan the Prophet Everything can be explained! Why limit yourself?

You sounded a bit robotic as if this is Self explanatori? Nein this cannot be this is non self explaining sSir It means a lot when a demon visits me in my dream to say i need to piss the fuck off, Makes me mad and hot as LavaishHell Ill get through is your Sound Outing i Agree Push on dont believe Tools for Fools saying its impossible, Nyarlathotep is amazingly hard to get around to get that infinity to fight this Unknown Enemy it took me 20 Yrs to get through all this Demonic (nightly) enemy i dont believe in angels its the same realm to me I am apparently far... So not to feel all high and mighty just wanna know Did you do self education or Guided? Etc? Such a question in regards why do you talk as if its normal, Its strange this world Dont you Agree?

As they say Namaste Have a good day.

Point is Holland is an Ahole in regards to Psychology its unrealistic that this country is in soo deep in regards to witchcraft. For those who have eyes and ears to listen Bible quotes are not good for the soul... It breaks mental capabilities Instead of Stimulating creativity to enlarge human capabilities to max potential. Every Dutch Born Child is Proclaimed Scientist from birth I study Through self Education i learn as quickly as i gain. Increase and defeat. Thank you for this You existing.
AK
AK Jul 14 '18

MatthewJ1
MatthewJ1 Sep 3 '18

A few thoughts on the mechanics of ritual magic and the occult:

First, a cynical viewpoint – if someone could perform a specific ritual and obtain a specific result on every occasion then wouldn’t that be the greatest discovery in human history?

If I could complete a ritual and bring about any state of affair I wished to bring about then wouldn’t I be on the cover of Time magazine or be plastered all over televisions or the internet? Or, maybe, the government would have had me locked up by now?

I think magic carries the nomenclature, symbolism and procedures of past eras along with it. Magic also carries the philosophical/theological detritus of previous periods as well. Does anything ultimately get disposed of or rationalised?   

At one time it was perfectly acceptable to regard Being as God breathed and absolutely underpinned by a vast religious-metaphysical world – so magic seemed to be just a way of requesting assistance from hidden occult entities and getting it or not based on various factors.

During the era of modernity one grew to embrace subject/object dualism as the paradigm for the newly liberated enlightened individual in distinction to the “objectivity” out there. I think this modern philosophical watershed found its way into the practice of magic. Occultism, in this sense, is sort of premised on absolute or subjective idealism.

Who can say where magic is currently at, in terms of its philosophical framing, with the contemporary criticism of the subject/object relation, representation and identity, and the disintegration of the traditional religious world-view amongst many people?

It gets more and more confusing as time passes.

I think if pressed, I would state that magic is the explication, refining and display of the will before one-self, and then the impression or projection of that will upon appearance, and further that magic is the subjective manufacture of ideal essence, substance, representation, or narrative in distinction to and against the disparity, difference and particularity of Being.

Sounds like bullshit, but it is the only way I can explain it right now.    

AK
AK Sep 3 '18
@MJ you've got style. I've seen a few things you've posted elsewhere and always just sort of nodded "he does seem to know what he's talking about"

My actual thoughts are this: what ritual actually is and entails vs. what it is commonly *thought* to confer is the exact difference between hesychasm and what prayer is just commonly assumed to be used for. 

In other words: I'm not exactly petitioning the universe for something so much as I am getting myself staged to extract my desires. As it turns out, though, my desires are bound in some way to my character. I can't just force myself to desire things to prove a point in the name of science. It's more closely related to my own wiring and general karma-to-purge than, say, some abracadabra reward-without-work thing that it is often made out to be. A lot of it is simply acknowledging and accelerating your own fate, because - here - this "persona" we all have is a sort of haphazard amalgamate of reflexes, without poise or direction, ritual is a dry-run of poise and control (and poison control) that there's a lot to be gained from, because let's face it: wanting something is one thing; having it is a whole different matter. One that ought be hashed-out in advance by one's own "reality-bending" inclinations. 

Even at the lowest levels, one would do well to ask "do I really want this? enough to formalize that desire?" - desiring what you desire is natural. Dealing with having acquired that desire is... it's a lot of work! If going through the motions of a simple ritual for it is too much, that's also a good indication that you're probably not ready to deal with having it.

Beyond that, ritual, the specifics: it's much more limited, intimate, and personal than what EA Koetting and his ilk are saying. In fact I'm weary of anyone who goes too far out of their way to explain how it works. I feel as if they're trying to sell something, or maybe convince themselves(?) - because they don't actually know. No one does. 

These processes are not repeatable, explicable, or even "sane", really. But they are things people do and they do seem to get results. Sure! I do ritual with an almost alarming frequency! But I don't like talking about it, and I'm highly reluctant to share it with people. It's this idiosyncratic art-form I do for myself, that seems to work. Why that is? I don't know, and if I don't "know", then it's just not a thing I should be opening up for inquiry. It's a quirk. One that it seems a few people share.

Perhaps I'm crazy. That's also possible. Probably even likely. But it's a containerized sort of crazy that doesn't grow tentacles and drag others into it. That would be inexcusable. 

I respect those types who, occasionally, raise their hands when asked if they perform ritual and just go-on doing what they do. The types who don't need to know how the watch works and are not so presumptuous as to bother to explain it. They're not in it to write books and blogs. It just works and they live with that. 

To your point though: "I think if pressed, I would state that magic is the explication, refining and display of the will before one-self, and then the impression or projection of that will upon appearance, and further that magic is the subjective manufacture of ideal essence, substance, representation, or narrative in distinction to and against the disparity, difference and particularity of Being."

yeah. Something like that. But again, this raises the question at the heart of ritual: who is it exactly that needs to be convinced? 

The Forum post is edited by AK Sep 3 '18
MatthewJ1
MatthewJ1 Sep 4 '18

Thanks for your kind words about my posts. I have been a part of the satanic online community in one place or another for a few years. Just enjoying posting here a bit.

Some cool words from you in regards to ritual magic. Need to digest it and hopefully respond in a meaningful way.

Troll Member
Troll Jan 2

@o_j:

My experience with occult magic is that the dimension of interest for results should be the primary vector of spell implementation. If you want to affect your own mind, do a spell in your mind, if you want to affect the physical world, employ a physical spell, if you want social results, distribute your spell components socially.

The biggest problems i've seen develop were people thinking that it was something other than probability-enhancement, turning fortune your way. They got mixed up and thought it would appear like can be found in Role-Playing Games or books or films.

The difficulty in part with this level of influence is signature display (identifying the tipping point and determining whether a spell had a sufficient influence to make a difference). My impression is that it has been much more important for me to do punctuated rites (various kinds, driven by intuition and exploration) than it was for mysticism or special Christian-trapped Hermetic submissives (i've avoided them as self-disabling and recommend against them for willful Lefties).

I believe as little as possible so take this into consideration. Belief is the 2nd mind-killer, right after fear. The false dichotomy you posit ("mysterious forces or ...just affect your mind") is unnecessary.

The rites i've done with gods weren't generally magical in a sense of trying to get something in the ordinary world, but were allying with powers. The rites i did with demons were similar but also had political interests toward affecting our species.

You would do well to refine your characterization of "work". My impression is that spells and rites have been beneficial for me to explore and i have oriented and settled myself just as i please using them. Study of several types and even fiction including it (such as "Master of Five Magics" and "The Earthsea Trilogy") and stage magic is recommended.

The Forum post is edited by Troll Jan 2
David Grand
David Grand Jan 3
Meet me
Pages: « 1 2

Like and Share

Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Donate

This site is largely funded by donations. You can show your support by donating. Thanks. Every dollar helps.