What are you listening to right now? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Culture » Music
MatthewJ1
MatthewJ1 Jul 10

I’m not musically trained, but I know what I like to listen to. I tried my hand at guitar once, but didn’t have the patience or the commitment to learn the instrument.

Below are a few things I’m listening to at the moment.

Vladimir Horowitz at Carnegie Hall – 1951

I think the piano has taken over as my instrument of choice from the guitar. Horowitz is a favorite of mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PhD3l83SGg

Joe Henderson – Complete 6 Blue Note Albums

I am a jazz fan. I like Davis, Coltrane, Evans and Monk, but I also love the Blue Note albums, which came out in the 1960s. Those albums are just beauties.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvi2o7pgqcHBlRI6m4bAooGtVpJl8f-Tq

Cryo Chamber & Iron Cthulhu Apocalypse

I am a fan of dark ambience. It helps me relax or focus. There are some pretty good choices with the two below links.

https://www.youtube.com/c/cryochamberlabel/videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPu3YP9Qgl46UdFrGvyguNw/videos

Wolfie
Wolfie Jul 12
I always come back to this song. It's one of the Sublime Numbers which, when it comes on unexpectedly, it demands that I stop all else and pay attention. I stand up and I dance and sing.

Wolfie
Wolfie Jul 12
This band is like crack to me. I had forgotten about them for a while, and then I heard one of their songs on an episode of a television show I was watching.

Cornelius Coburn
Symphorce - Two Seconds To Live

Geraldo Respuesta NUTZ
What happens when politician's wive's single out a satanic personality for corrupting America's youth with vulgarity. 

The Forum post is edited by Geraldo Respuesta Jul 14
Wolfie
Wolfie Jul 17
The Flying Lizards:

Wolfie
Wolfie Jul 18
This song played during the movie, "Devil's Island," which I watched on Prime Video.

Wolfie
Wolfie Jul 18
Two more Ok Otter songs. Suddenly I'm a fan.

Wolfie
Wolfie Jul 18
And then this just happened to be the next song on the YouTube queue. The Foo Fighters covering the BeeGees was exactly what I wanted to hear next. How did the algorithm know? I sure didn't.

Wolfie
Wolfie Jul 24
This just played on Alexa. I always liked this song.

Cornelius Coburn

Welcome To The Land Of The Real

So we have the three spatial dimensions, plus the time dimension : four : and with the addition of this other parameter also dimensional in its' measurement and depth totaling five although avoiding the reminiscence of the fifth dimension of days gone by for a more appealing and contemporary fix on reality and feeling.

Phil_Lopian
Phil_Lopian Jul 25
To this:

Dark Enlightenment
The Cult of Me! 

And my cheap cellphone music, that is at least getting less painful a few years into doing it. 

The Forum post is edited by Dark Enlightenment Jul 26
Baphomets Mod
Baphomets Jul 26
@CM. (Almost) giddy that you posted this. I was just about to ask you for any updates on your stuff that I can pick apart. Plus, you know certain music makes me cream my pants. You did this on purpose.
The Forum post is edited by Baphomets Jul 26
Dark Enlightenment
There is no way to make certain instruments sound good at the fringe of their range with this program.  It's in tune but it doesn't sound like I want it at times. Especially the woodwinds.  You have to double up flute/picollo to make it sound passable.  And yet I copyright all my music still.  Arrogance or Dunning-Kruger effect?...

Working towards doing shitty B Movie theme music. 

Full playlist of new project 80% done. Thank You Public Domain!

21st Century Inferno  

Baphomets Mod
Baphomets Jul 26
I still remember when a small wind ensemble sight read my first true band arrangement. The instrumentation was way off and I wanted to hide under a rock. Definitely doubling up or increasing the dynamics of soft wind instruments will work, as long as you decrease the bass and low brass. You probably already know this and it's a no-brainer, but hey in real life, new composers struggle with this also.
Baphomets Mod
Baphomets Jul 26

Perhaps his best yet

21st Century Inferno

The Forum post is edited by Baphomets Jul 26
Dark Enlightenment
Well, thank you. 

I maintain I can take all rules of this style of music, throw them the window, rape baroque era progressions, and force them into a rock music formula of "intro->verse->prechorus->verse->prechorus->chorus->bridge" 

And end up 8 pieces between 3 and 5 minutes in length. 

Pages: «« « ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
Satanic International Network was created by Zach Black in 2009.
Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Spread the Word. Help Us Grow

Share:

Donate - PayPal

This site is largely funded by donations. You can show your support by donating. Thanks. Every dollar helps. You need not a PayPal to donate either just a debit or credit card.