What are you listening to right now? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Culture » Music
Aborior Translatione
I actually liked the minimalist composition more then the art house video. I can piece together the message without knowing what the lyrics say.  Love the heroin chic eyes of the damned. With a tiny elephant. Was waiting for the cirque clown. But it's not French so...

I came across this one on Modern Marvels of all places. But its a similar message made with the cinematography. This one's about social change. Music is so so at best, but a cool video. 

The Forum post is edited by Aborior Translatione Sep 21
Singende Säge
Major music is not.. lets say it just sucks, at least how I see it. Minor scale is the thing and it makes all the difference.
Major chords are best to use in surprising situations. Then major chord can exalt underlying minor. Old classic composers fucked up when they moved on from promising minor theme, only to change to Major soon after beginning.
Aborior Translatione
Major scales are hard to write in too. 

I can't do it. When writing in E my mind always tries to change the tonic to make it C# minor. 

The program is not for classical compositions, but I am cheap so I try to make it sound as good as I possibly can. Marginal at best. 

This one is in Major, and it bugs the shit out of me. 

May favorite keys are all harmonic minors. 

Harmonic D Minor

The Forum post is edited by Aborior Translatione Sep 21
Singende Säge
Your music is beautiful (because minor). you play much this 'ta-da-ta-daa-tada-da-da'.
The Forum post is edited by Singende Säge Sep 21
Singende Säge
Falling back to the Fall

Singende Säge
God is Pain

baphomantis
baphomantis Sep 22

Therion - Psalm of Retribution

Cornelius Coburn

God is pain. God is pleasure. God is change; God is any thing, and every thing, that is not no thing, for that, is a 'creature', a 'beast', of an entirely different manner.

Cornelius Coburn

I like major 7th chords, and I like minor keys over major keys. The D minor(triad) is a favorite of mine for finger picking style. I like the sounds of 'half step' progressions in scales, so yeah, I like music, but I'm running out, so I have to scurry around a bit more both mentally and physically, lately, not that there is any shortage of music, it's just me.

- sentimental smarty pants(the girl)

The Forum post is edited by Cornelius Coburn Sep 22
Cornelius Coburn
Styx - Lorelei

Keyword : stick(s)

Aborior Translatione
This seems like a video you'd appreciate: 

Phil_Lopian
Phil_Lopian Sep 25
Sai Baba sings for us:

Cornelius Coburn
Beautiful C, fuckin' beautiful

Phil_Lopian
Phil_Lopian Sep 29

Quote from Cornelius Coburn Beautiful C, fuckin' beautiful

That's a great piano solo. 

I used a computer program to make a primitive piano solo once, long ago [sounds better with earbuds]. It's not as good as what Canis makes though. 

The Forum post is edited by Phil_Lopian Sep 29
Aborior Translatione
Thank you.  

No one likes my shit.  The people into that type of music either don't like the sound of the program or my use of black Sabbath song structure.  The classically trained scoff at its simplistic nature.  

To date, the one that has received the highest applause (from the stuck up composer group) has been this one: 

My attempt at Eastern European "gypsy" music. 

Cornelius Coburn
Chloe is just being modest about her composition. It's actually pretty good.
Phil_Lopian
Phil_Lopian Sep 29
I personally like your music compositions Canis. They sound professional. What's amazing is that its a phone app. I used FL Studio. 

Thank you CC :)

The Forum post is edited by Phil_Lopian Sep 29
Aborior Translatione
Thank you.

And don't knock your own minimalism, one of the best compositions ever written is minimalist:

And minimalism is counterintuitively hard to do well. 

The Forum post is edited by Aborior Translatione Sep 29
Cornelius Coburn
This is one of my most favorite tracks that CM ever put up. I definitely would have been using this one had I known about it.

Pages: «« « ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
Satanic International Network was created by Zach Black in 2009.
Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Spread the Word. Help Us Grow

Share:

Donate - PayPal

This site is largely funded by donations. You can show your support by donating. Thanks. Every dollar helps. You need not a PayPal to donate either just a debit or credit card.