Satanism PSA (On Choosing Fire) | Forum

Dark Enlightenment
It really does laugh in moonlight, or whatever cliched metaphor you want to use.  You may sit there thinking dark pageantry means something. Speaking of meaning something. Very few will truly get this.

For starters to make an apt descriptor of the "fire" one chooses, imagine being consumed with jealous envy. That never landed burning that takes over before many a blind rage. The obsessive fixation to never let something or someone go until you consume them completely.  

The perfect scene of insomnia and raw nerves. 

Consider the insomnia itself. In many cases it is an overactive dialog that can wire you wide awake. Self-driven dialog of, ""you are too wired too sleep" . It can kick your ass. This is the pressure put on oneself.  The inability to sleep in the land of fire is grasped upon by the unconscious and wrenched to your despair. 

Much like self driven dialog, the narrative that surrounds  "living as possessed" (per christian bias)  can script a somewhat malevolent experience. 

The catch is, It doesn't really have to be, but what you project about the world is represented as paranoia. Likewise, it will know what button to push.  Anything from a nermal-like little annoying presence of a playfulness you want to murder with an axe to a sanctimonious bully.

It can be an experience that seeks to remove itself. Burn you until you scream to be free of it.  It feels like the worst sales pitch ever and one surely to have the many running back to safe ground.  One might draw the conclusion malevolance is on the payroll. 

Much like other doctrine, the demons may as well be all those; paranoias, fears, or 'engrams' some spend thousands to identify. It exploits weakness and digs at it for all its worth in classic "don't be a bitch" fashion. You really should be able to handle it capitalizing on those 'negative' emotions.

Worry will be attacked, and you might manifest a nightmare etc etc.

In my mind the only faulty assumption on this is that it may be caused by things "floating around" in discorporeal form waiting to grasp on to you. Much like scientology, again, this supersedes the more mundane "you do it yourself" form, and adds an otherwise unnecessary layer. Sort of like a fraternal club and an intermediary concept that you later learn is invalid. Or high school algebra versus trig.

The experience will be as sick as what damaged you, and you will be as cruel as that makes it.

The mysticism part becomes some initial window dressing that can causes more inversions than anything else. None the less, and no matter how mundane the explanation is, there is a colloquial concept to encompass it in a fanciful way. 

Special emphasis here on your.

Funny, i always thought it was a heroin euphemism.

This has been your Reagan-esque PSA. 

This is a continuation.

Reigning It In:

The mythos of a succubus comes to mind. A most incidous of thoughtforms. They feed on nerve -laden sexual fruatration in a way reserved for "pent up jackasses that deserve it".  Wait. What? Sorry head 2 finished that one. 

Sorry, Ms. Fire Woman, I made you as real as you can get.

It really does need to back off the sexual attraction thing though. Just admit you are a sadist as role dictates. And as my more than likely subjective projection of mistrust, may you direct me towards a narrative of malevolent opposition. Can not really help what folks say and you hear.  Easy to feel like it wants you dead. Self loathing can be compounded, next stop is Stockholm Syndrome 

It is counterintuitive to assume something beyond self creation. You think anything else would want to stay like any other parasitic organism. To make this work you must then argue something like, "Once it takes your [insert fluffy drifty thing here] it has no more use for you".  For this you must anthropomorphize the motivation for all life everywhere, or even worse devise a solipsistic world bordering on 13th Floor Ground.

The sickening part is you have only to reign in its wild eyed ass. As you want to crush its skull it licks your face and pokes every button just to try to set you off in an epic display.  Hell may be knowing you have had your options stripped of plurality by your own neuroses. This, despite how badly you want to blame something, someone, anyone.   Fucked if you do not have to deal with it and face the Rainman-like discomfort of overloaded emotion. Fuck.  "Look at me, I learned to control. Do I get to wear a shiny passive bitch badge now?"  

Why can't I just find a stand in for it and beat it mercilessly? Repressed alcoholics do it all the time.

It exposes the pathology of a very twisted archetype. An Angel of Death eating sadism of the most choice cut. 

In fact, if it's not you doing it, the options dwindle to the specious and implausible.  The man behind a psyops curtain persuading you to shoot Reagan for the lesbian to a drifting  parasitic discarnate entity. 

Occam's razor doesn't usually fail on these.

*Sad But True plays in the background* 

The Forum post is edited by Dark Enlightenment Jan 18
Share:
AK
AK Jan 28

Fire is attributed to the hebrew letter "Shin" meaning tooth, two, divisiveness - also the Tarot card The Aeon or Judgment. It is biting that rends flesh from form, as mastication is the beginning of the digestive process - from which that which once was not you has been become you. A process facilitated by cooking - also by fire.

Themes of violent transformation, literal and figurative are at play here. Themes starkly at odds with gradual growth as seen in vegetation, mountains, oceans and streams. Themes of purgation, destruction's regenerative properties, and the working of metals - black-smithery. Dual fold, as fire is ambivalent - creative, destructive, and both. Lava and ash. The double edged paradox of the life giving sword. Forging either plow-shares or swords. Rightly related then on the elemental plane to its planetary corespondent: mars, ruler of Aries, god of war. Aries: sacrificial lamb. For war implies conquest and sacrifice. The irony of fertilizer bombs. Making the other guy die for theirs. The original beginning - hence April fools day. The phoenix or guarada. Transformation, rebirth and renewal through violence and such. Radical purgative transformation starkly at odds with putrefaction or fermentation. Themes of acceleration and gas peddle pervade here in this quadrant. 

These are primitives - abstractions - well-worth knowing and being able to navigate well.

*Back to the intellectual modality: The sun, which is Resh, (Ra in arabic) the head of man.

What happens is lucidly explained (or at least implied) in the Jungian "people don't have ideas; ideas have people" - that is possible to become *possessed* by an idea. See also: the premise of the movie Inception. A thought form. Hence the third Reich and all manner of isms that aren't necessarily "you", but you'd swear to fight for them as if they were yours. Metroids, in a sense. Possession. Demons are exactly as you've described. Arguably a point in favor of memetics, though I still think memetics is a vast over-simplification of what is taking place here - a poor analogy at best. 

The profundity or banality hinges largely on just how seriously and nuanced an approach to the mind a person is willing to take. Fact remains: ideas *are* in and of themselves incorporeal. 

I understand the analogy: algebra vs trig, but there is no one is better than the other - it's a progression, first with the abstract notion of a line, algebra two introduces curves - but these are still "ideas" relegated to the world of perfect forms. These are of the first dimension. Trig is an extension of that: now we're dealing with planes.  Triangles. The second dimension is apprehended, though still an idea - an abstraction. With calculus, notions of acceleration, displacement, and rates come into play that echo what was only hinted at in algebra. Calc 2, you start dealing with surfaces; the ideas becoming more closer to reality, while in Calc 3 the properties of ideas made 3 dimensional, bound by laws of time and space and mass descend further into the real-world where physic applies. There's always over-lap. It's a tiered procession from heaven to earth. Ideal to (asymptotically close-to) real. So too with notions of Kether being the point, Chokmah the line, Binah the plane, and below that, the abyss (Da'at) between idea and form. Infinite to finite.

I disagree that mysticism is window dressing. It provides a language of symbol and meaning. For example (and I think I've mentioned this before) *if* I have a really hard problem, something that for all my skill, training, and attention to detail just can't for the life of me figure out - I take a nap. A short one. One just sufficient to go into the deeper end of hypnagogia. What happens in that sort of borderland state is that the solution occurs to me without fail. It is much akin to the whole "you'll find it when you stop looking for it" truism. I, perhaps optimistically, assume this is something the human animal does by default. It's by no means to suggest that I am special. There's a sort of "genius" or "genii" or "higher self", or as the Thelamites call it "holy guardian angel" behind everyone that can't get always get through due to one's internal dialogue being both obsessive and limited by vocabulary. (similarly the sun is one hell of an illuminator, so much so that it blots-out the stars one would use to navigate by) One would be better off being completely illiterate, but since we cannot unlearn literacy, the next best approach would be to adapt another language - one of symbol. Compact, multifaceted, and succint. What happens in the hypnagogic state, is that if you start thinking with words - with thoughts - you risk waking up, and the veil of paroketh is closed. It's frustrating. Those thoughts will haunt you while the answers unheard. 

One should become accustomed to slipping notes past the veil when the guards aren't looking, so-to-speak. This also takes work. (see also: Inception)

What I do agree with, is that mysticism proper is a sickness in and of itself. That is: the mystically inclined suffer a symptom - a lack. They are aware that something is missing, and it bothers them. Some, finding the symbolism, will fetishize it: it becomes a sort of object of worship in and of itself. It is just a tool. A language that facilitates deeper cohesion and individuation. The reality is, irregardless of if we have the capacity to become Ishim, we are still made of flesh and blood, and work in the real world. That is our lot being made of clay and not of fire (reoccurring theme here, I doubt is lost on you)

"The heights": "I am better than him. Thou createdst me of fire while him Thou didst create of mud."

This all goes back to matters of___ matter! That which cast shadows. The demarcation between ideas and reality. Capricorn. The goat-fish. The alternate (and commonly accepted) beginning of the year. Tail in the depths of the abyss, head upon the highest mountain top, feet upon the ground. Ayin: meaning eye. Attributed "the devil". How to break the surface tension between the real and ideal... what infinity means:  Gabriel's horn will we transcend or descend - cover or scratch the surface? Or better still - undulate as situation warrants: from heights of abstraction sublime to the necessity of tooth and nail. That indeed is what is at the core of the human experience. It is no small burden. The pieces were always there from dia cero. Time's a ticking.

The Forum post is edited by AK Jan 28
Anna
Anna Jan 28
This is a dream I had a long time ago:

I visited my auntie. My auntie was a young Queen, she wore a crown and she lived in a castle. I was to spend a night there. When the night came and I was in bed, I heard footsteps on the stairs. I left my room and saw my Queen auntie going down the stairs into the cellar. I followed her there. There was a fire place in the cellar and she was sitting in front of it and looking at it. She didn't speak. She didn't move but she wasn't dead. She was as if in the state of catatonia. I said to her "I will stay here with you." She was doing it regularly every night.

This is what mythology is about. It expresses the man's obsessive spiritual longings, the desire for immortality, death and rebirth and the return to the Source. It's God's call. It pervades the humans' whole culture and it haunts them at night. Even those who repeat after LaVey: Man is like any other animal. But who really believes that?
AK
AK Jan 28
I think that is a fascinating dream I wouldn't dare have the audacity to dissect. Still I will suggest, in the tarot there are kings (knights), pages (princes), queens, and princesses. 

There is a procession described so obvious that it remains occult. Matters of lineage and hierarchical ascension. It's subtle and deep and nuanced, and utterly fascinating. 

Alchemical texts touch upon these sorts of things, at least when read with the right eyes and capacity for apprehending allegory, but matters of who your aunt was to you - the devil in the details - that's something you might wind up taking with you to the grave. 

What does the fire mean? Why would she implicitly command you to look? Why did you chose to stay? You can spin this a million ways, and never will it be a waste of time. It's almost as if there's a part of you - multifaceted and obscenely complex - seeking to communicate. How you pull that off, well___ some occult orders have a generally pretty good idea - it's all rough around the edges. Buddhism "hints" at it (or rather elaborates upon it to such an extent that you almost forget what was being got-at). Pre-Constantinian (it's a word now) Christianity's emphasis on hesychasm - prayer rightfully understood, it all touches upon the same basic notion: "Know thyself"

There are a myriad of ways to go about this. 

To your point, absolutely I believe in a higher___ I don't want to say "power"___ but a higher idea. Some may call it perfection. Whether or not it created the universe is totally beyond the point. It exists as a sort of point beyond "thingness" perhaps solely within the mind, but___ the mind is the most complex thing out there. One would be remiss to dismiss it as second nature. 

This is why I like you, too. Satanist or not, sure, I'll spend a few hours on a Sunday reading the Bible. I know I don't take out of it what most do, but it's a "thing" - I'm going to want to understand it before I start throwing rocks at it. Same deal with the qur'an. Or the Tanauch. Or the Vedas. Or even the book of Mormon (which I stole from a hotel and did not feel sorry about in the least

These all tell a story of humanity coming to terms with its own consciousness of being conscious. Logically fallible nine ways to Sunday, but yet, they've succeeded wildly, and that tells me something about who and what we are. 

Question for you: is it not at least worth noting that in some strange way, the fact that we speak of Gilgamesh to this day proves he had succeeded in his quest?

To LaVey's man is like any other animal: the reality is that we are, at least in part. That's not the end of the discussion. It was his sort of gestalt, that if we are to be better than animal, we need confront and tame the beast first. "there is a beast in man that needs to be exercised, not exorcised" - denial of the animal, asceticism, leads to its demonification. Finger on the garden hose. The binding of feet. It has a warping effect. 

To your point, correct: we are not "just" animals. I doubt that LaVey believed we're really "just another animal" we do have animal traits, and those need to be handled - the foundation made of concrete - before our higher aspirations can be supported.

If you're looking to build a high tower, you have to dig deep first - all the way to the pits of hell - to the heart of one's bestial nature. It simply will not stand if the foundation rests upon the superficial. As with Ishtar and so with the Christos. Descent is the first step.

Prove yourself a master of this world first, then tackle the realm of ideas and fantasy. 

Anna
Anna Jan 28
Well, it was a strange woman but for some bizarre reason I knew she was my aunt. What I found perplexing was her stupor. Or perhaps, it was an intense focus. But she was totally unresponsive to any outer stimulus, totally poised. I recalled that dream because the OP seems to associate the fire with raw and wild passion.
AK
AK Jan 28
It's paradoxical, don't you think? 

How on just the right night, gathered around the fire - there's this hypnotic effect. It's seductive for reasons ineffable. For reasons there is no language for. It is interesting: that which bridges the gap between primal and spiritual. Few things do. Whose qualities are, to the savage, disruptive, and to the enlightened (for lack of a better word), comforting. 

See also: yajna.

For as many things that are "neither nor", there are a multitude of "both ands".  

Conflicting attitudes towards change come to mind. Change is always a death of some sort or another. 

The phoenix vs scorpion. It is said the latter, surrounded by fire, will poison itself with its own venom rather than succumb. The former is reborn - sees it as part of an on-going cycle. One way or another, change is inevitable.

These are abstractions, useful, but perhaps not relevant. I would be curious (though understandably not privy to) what your aunt signified to you in the waking world. This stands out to me as a key you may very well do well to keep tucked between your tits. 

Anna
Anna Jan 28
My aunt? I don't like her all too much. We quarrelled a lot. It changed a little bit now but I'm not really fond of her.

You know that the scorpion doesn't really commit suicide, right? It just dies. Destruction vs rebirth.
AK
AK Jan 28

That is all the more interesting. 

And yes. But wait! The plot thickens! Here's another shocker: phoenixes aren't real. 

Anna
Anna Jan 29
The appearances can be misleading, my dear. That dot I killed WAS real.
AK
AK Jan 29
Bad kitty. Do I need to break out the spray bottle?
Dark Enlightenment
HEY!!!

Stop playing with each-other my totally serious topic.  

The Forum post is edited by Dark Enlightenment Jan 29

Like and Share

Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Donate

This site is largely funded by donations. You can show your support by donating. Thanks. Every dollar helps.