Commandments | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » Philosophy/Politics
AK
AK Jan 29
Open-ended topic.

The idea of commandments is not at all a new one. It is pervasive, a seemingly arbitrary list of thou shalts and shalt-nots to be followed without exception. 

The question here is two-fold: 

1) is it prudent or even possible to exist without such a list?

2) were you to enumerate your own set of non-negotiable policy decisions, how would it read and why? 

Share:
Dark Enlightenment
1) is it prudent or even possible to exist without such a list?

No, not beyond groups of 150 anyway. Empathetic give a fuck is strained beyond capacity without doctrine or law.

K: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

2) were you to enumerate your own set of non-negotiable policy decisions, how would it read and why?

The ONE commandment is the golden rule with a retributive caveat. 

The Golden Rule + Lex Talionis.

The Forum post is edited by Dark Enlightenment Jan 29
Anna
Anna Jan 30
It's not only possible to exist without  such a list but I daresay that such a list can be a burden. Why should you follow a set of moral rules without  exception? I mean each situation is different. There are too many nuances to apply some rigid rules to them. Let's take this moral rule: Do not steal. What if your children starved? What if you had no other option?

I'm aware that we all have some moral compass. But it's better if it is some sort of ethos than a set of cold principles.
AK
AK Jan 30
Things like always check your pockets for your keys before shutting the door. 

This doesn't have to be moralistic, rather policy decisions for which one would be better off not having to evaluate on a case by case basis. For example: never lend money. It doesn't matter who it is or what the situation is, it's just something you don't do. This saves a lot of trouble. 

Alternatively: no one aside from a mechanic working on the thing, for the purposes of working on the thing, is allowed to drive my car under any circumstances. Many become the the abominable-"NO"man when it comes to their guitars. Same deal.

I can list probably a hundred such things.

The Forum post is edited by AK Jan 30
Anna
Anna Jan 30
If it works for you, fine. Honestly, I can't think of one thing I would or wouldn't do on principle alone. Like in the case of lending money. If the sum isn't big for me and I like you, I will lend you some money. In other case, no. It all depends upon circumstances.

I believe we should be flexible in life. Not opportunistic but somehow more attuned to all the nuances of life.
AK
AK Jan 30
Not even using the litter box?
Anna
Anna Jan 30
I shit where I please.

Sometimes, it's all over the room. At other times, it's into someone's shoes but only when nobody's watching.
AK
AK Jan 30
Hail Satan! Hail toxoplasmosis! 

http://www.advances.umed.wroc.pl/pdf/2017/26/6/1031.pdf

"Unfortunately, these ideas are almost universally disregarded within the psychiatric society in Poland. The origin of this almost hostile disregard remains largely unknown, especially in view of a complete lack of such prospective or epidemiological studies in our country"

The Forum post is edited by AK Jan 30
ShadowLover Member
ShadowLover Jan 30
Commandments is why I can't submit to being a true Satanist. So many rules.... I just want to be me... 

But I do like bathing in some of your rules... It is truly erotic. Fucking yum!

Deb

(Demon Whisperer...)

The Forum post is edited by ShadowLover Jan 31
AK
AK Jan 31
Baptize and bathe in this, then. Thou shalt showeth tits, for I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. 
DasSatan
DasSatan Jan 31

If tits are real can I see

them?

appropriate answer

Like and Share

Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Donate

This site is largely funded by donations. You can show your support by donating. Thanks. Every dollar helps.