And I Don't Like Star Wars | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Discussion
Brother Shamus
Throughout my life there have been things everyone has said, "you gotta do" or "you gotta see".  To me that only decreases my likelihood to want to watch it.

More recently a MAJOR cultural fad just ended.  I can safely claim I have never even seen a clip of Game of Thrones.  I know it has a heathen-like "gray tones" approach, but like the Breaking Bad's before it, I cannot get interested in pop-cultural phenomenon shows.  The concept of being so caught up in it that I must watch it during first airing, along with everyone else, bugs me.  It is unsettling and sometimes angering. The thought, "NO! I am not going to fucking watch it, and I don't care how popular or good it might be!" is common.

Sorry, Freddie, I know I used a lyric in my title, but I am also NOT going to watch your PG-13 biopic. But enjoy your Many LBGT-Quit-adding letters-and-symbols awards.  

Anyone else get that same oppositional reaction when confronted with the obligatory, "you gotta see this"?  Am I just a pretentious contrarian that rejects everything other people like?

The Forum post is edited by Brother Shamus Jun 5
Share:
Anna
Anna Jun 5
Before going to the cinema to watch a movie (I like watching my favorite movies on the big screen), I first watch a trailer and read a synopsis. If it looks interesting to me me, I give it a try. How popular the movie is or what rates it got is irrelevant. A similar thing is with books. Sometimes, a tiny detail like the cover or the title will be enough to catch my attention. I watched one of the Game of Thrones series with my friend and I started reading a book but I gave it up because I got bored with it. The book wasn't bad, it was better than the movie, but it wasn't my cup of tea. I enjoyed some movies though that were quite popular, like the Lord of the Rings, for example. Fuck it, I'm even a fan of Harry Potter. So I must feel compelled to refuse to read or watch the stuff I might like because other people like it too and advertize it? In the name of what?
Brother Shamus

Quote from Anna Before going to the cinema to watch a movie (I like watching my favorite movies on the big screen), I first watch a trailer and read a synopsis. If it looks interesting to me me, I give it a try. How popular the movie is or what rates it got is irrelevant. A similar thing is with books. Sometimes, a tiny detail like the cover or the title will be enough to catch my attention. I watched one of the Game of Thrones series with my friend and I started reading a book but I gave it up because I got bored with it. The book wasn't bad, it was better than the movie, but it wasn't my cup of tea. I enjoyed some movies though that were quite popular, like the Lord of the Rings, for example. Fuck it, I'm even a fan of Harry Potter. So I must feel compelled to refuse to read or watch the stuff I might like because other people like it too and advertize it? In the name of what?
In the name of Fuck you, quit telling me I should watch Stranger Things, Everyone.

I feel it falsely portrays stranger things.  Things like your character being able to die 13 or 17 times.  So I am pissed that I wasted my time giving it a chance. "OMG the light is talking to me! Thats real shit!" 

Shows like that reenforce the following:

I had a client try to tell be ghosts go back to their desired safehouse and sure to knock slowly three times. They have to follow The Handbook For The Recently Deceased, you know.  

Orientation: "Ok, you must go back to the place you love most and knock slowly 3 times, but it has to be slowly, and then report back to see Juno."

I want to go to Claymation Saturn now.

As you can tell, I am over my anger on this.

The Forum post is edited by Brother Shamus Jun 5
Anna
Anna Jun 6

You're still being manipulated by other people's opinions. Your YES or NO depends on whether others say YES or NO.

If every fucking day you need to prove to yourself what a free thinker you are, that probably means you are none.

Dark Enlightenment
Why do you never acknowledge my references.  If they have The Harry Potter in Poland.

13 or 17 times is a referrence to Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Daniel Jackson respectively.  (Not many would get that one)

Then I decided to add a Beetlejuice one as well. So you know I have seen those movies.  

Also, your thoughts have become very scattered lately. Is it age or have you been following me too long?

But, you cant escape it. Even Netflix and Hulu wont stop suggesting things for me.  And the people dont say YES or No, they say "You gotta watch my fucktarded ghost show".  Not funny like Spike and Drusilla. Without that levity it makes people dumber, IMO. And usually I don't watch, but on this one I did, and I WANT MY TIME BACK! Can you give me my time back, Anna?  

** And I guess I am back to this account. I should pay attention more.

The Forum post is edited by Dark Enlightenment Jun 6
Tkwilliams Member
Tkwilliams Jun 6
How exhausting it must be to think about this stuff. Watch what you want do what you want. If you like pop shows who cares its just entertainment you all it's not this important.  I personally haven't had cable in over 10 years. It a waste of money in my opinion but I dont think less of people who do, I dont think they are dumb,  they engineered tv to be enjoyable it's like fast food we know we shouldn't eat it but you might be lieing to yourself if you think that some of it doesn't taste good. They designed that stuff in a lab to make it delicious. 
Dark Enlightenment

Quote from Baphomets I've never seen Game Of Thrones OR Walking Dead... and I'm not on facebook or any other social media besides this... surviving... forum. I've no desire. Things are so much less interesting when everyone is doing it. That's why the underground is for me, baby! The movie and music industries will sell what the sheep will find pleasurable and enjoy - which, interestingly enough, mostly lacks substance and depth.
I swear you are going to keep changing avatars until I notice you... i mean I know i am a narcissist and all, but if you are, you are wasting your blonde airhead time. Plus, whenever I have a bad day its fun to be mean to women online until I feel better.  Its how i prefer to deal with adversity.

So, unless you want that, stop responding to my posts.

The Forum post is edited by Dark Enlightenment Jun 6
Brother Shamus
Oh dont pay any attention.  Dude just has a hatred for anything with a pussy showing interest in him... Surprised he didn't call you a breeder.
The Forum post is edited by Brother Shamus Jun 6
Anna
Anna Jun 7

It's not that easy. In order to do what he wants, he must first hear someone tell him NOT to do what he wants. By telling poor Canis to do what he wants, you're making him do what he doesn't want.

When he was a child, his mom kept him disciplined by saying shit like:

Don't tidy your room. Leave a mess.

Don't go to school.

So you got a good mark again?

You must never do your homework.

Smoke a joint now. I order you.

You have to smoke some cigarettes.

Get shit faced please. Don't you dare to disappoint me.

Quote from Tkwilliams How exhausting it must be to think about this stuff. Watch what you want do what you want.

The Forum post is edited by Anna Jun 7
Brother Shamus
You know that's pretty much it.  And if she said that I might have stayed in school.

If there ever was an adjective to describe me: Obstinate

She was the Almost Famous mom without the "Dont take drugs" trip.

Always with the "dont care what other people do", "be an individual", and basically anything that saved the cheap Kike bitch money.  No you didnt buy me a "superior" French brand, you bought me the one on clearance, and now I gotta explain why I dont have a GT or Mongoose (pre Huffy buyout) with titanium rims and a three piece crank. I am surprised the cunt didn't name me Sue. I think she's probably dead now.

*** And yes, It would have made getting what I need easier if she was just THE GODDAMN KOOL-AID MOM LIKE SHE WAS FUCKING SUPPOSED TO BE.

And now you know why all poor kids on free lunch, with sometimes dead parents I ever knew, fucking hate me. Especially the fucking ghetto kids that went fucking hungry or had a "Welfare Christmas", or maybe no gifts at all. 

The Forum post is edited by Brother Shamus Jun 7
Tkwilliams Member
Tkwilliams Jun 7
Lol anna your to funny and correct. 
Brother Shamus
You know, it is a lot goddamn easier to be a  bipolar/borderline when people aren't acting like fucki ng boppo dolls of infinite resolve.

Also, I think Anna may be a little perturbed because she followed everything I do, like an obseesed psycho what gets turned down a lot. Also the whole transatlantic thing. Dog-faced bitch should probably just kill herself... or stop telling me I want pussy.

Now make another reference to Alison's fat body dysmorphic cankled ass.

This is fun to add to.

* 2 hours later * - OK, this is mean by even standard. Unfortuneately my inhabiting entity still wants to kill some bitch in a rail car and then leave her wrapped in plastic.

It cant be helped.  

The Forum post is edited by Brother Shamus Jun 7
fnord
fnord Jun 7
In the context of 'there's nothing new under the sun' some of these fads can be useful in a glammer/lesser magic sort of way. Of course, those who are well read, will recognize Joseph Campbell's hero's arc in many a tale (Star Wars & GOT included). Learning to relate to others on their terms is an important Satanic skill. I couldn't care less, for example, about professional sports yet I keep up with scores and activity to be able to feign interest so that I might appear to some to be 'one of the flock'. One's material success will undoubtedly hinge upon one's ability to influence those who have what 'you' need. Cultural 'hits' are low hanging fruit and educating oneself on the basics can only assist in serving one's needs in the act of fitting in. Make no mistake - you need others to succeed. The more, the merrier. Most will never understand the darker aspects of life so educating yourself on what the herd finds amusing/interesting can only help you. I will step off of my soapbox now. 
Tkwilliams Member
Tkwilliams Jun 7
That was an interesting point of veiw fnord. Thank you for sharing. 
Anna
Anna Jun 8

@Bro Shamus.

So now I'm following you. That's funny, especially since it's coming from the guy for whom a random forum twat is a government spy in disguise, stalking him for such revolutionary and anti-establishment activities like failing to participate in jury sessions and now... refusing to watch popular movies and soap operas.

You know what? I think you really need a more demanding and challenging environment, in which asserting your ideas and preferences would threaten you with some real and serious consequences. Maybe moving to some Muslim country, Russia or even North Korea and practising your obstinacy there will make you feel more alive.

The Forum post is edited by Anna Jun 8
Dark Enlightenment

The important thing is you didn't care what I said

Lets do it, Random Forum Wwat.  I wish you actually were a spy bitch so you could make that happen. Send me to Syria or somewhere And Id convert to Islam just so I could Me enemy of Great Satan. But you are not... so glad you don't care what I say.
Anna
Anna Jun 8
No one cares what you say and think. That is as long as you pay your bills and taxes.
Dark Enlightenment
Nice. I am a male that hates hetero-relationships (As the only hot women aren't attracted to me, and it ruins their attractiveness if they are. Eva is the reflection of that) I fucking also loathe the dynamic of "Saving the damsel in distress", as in Star Wars. Like the man is suppise to fight for the woman and thr woman is suppose to be helpless without thr man...  Fucking Breeders.
The Forum post is edited by Dark Enlightenment Jun 8
fnord
fnord Jun 8
Well, to be fair, in the first Star Wars (1977), the guys tried to save the princess but she ended up showing them how to do it. Strong female characters are a common theme throughout the series.
Dark Enlightenment
Well, fuck you too. Probably ignoring me because I am a man. I do not like being ignored by dykes.  Bet you dont shave your pits or wear a bra.  

While I hate hetero-relationships, I hate feminist man-hating SJW cunts more. I hope a man rapes you, Goddess bitch.  GTFO

The Forum post is edited by Dark Enlightenment Jun 8
Pages: 1 2 »
Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Like and Share

Donate - PayPal

This site is largely funded by donations. You can show your support by donating. Thanks. Every dollar helps. You need not a PayPal to donate either just a debit or credit card.

Satanic International Network was created by Zach Black in 2009 and is currently the most widely used social networking site for Satanists of its kind.