Mobile In Maine | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Culture » Art
Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn May 19 '21
I just went outside with a paring knife and peeled off ALL of those(maybe 20-30)exterior tire weights they added to my rims when I got four new tires.

The last time I did this it was an improvement, I'll balance them out from here.

Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn May 25 '21
Had a radiator fan malfunction yesterday and I put a new dual-fan enclosure in today and am testing; just sent for more coolant but so far sorta so good, but we'll see.
Cornelius Coburn
Sweet

Cornelius Coburn
Well, it's an improvement for now, test results aren't conclusive yet.
Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn May 26 '21
Some of the mountainous auto roads are open now and was thinking about that but after installing new radiator fan the coolant reservoir is going down on short trips so either there is a leak somewhere or it's just coolant being taken back into a depleted system, so, more tests today.

Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn May 27 '21

Still nowhere to go. On short trip testing there is sporadic overheating with fluid level decreasing.

I put the car on an incline earlier with the overflow cap off to purge air from the system which usually takes about twenty minutes and noticed coolant pooling beneath.

Project two : find and repair the leak. The car is a beater with possible performance upgrades so maybe try and get another year or maybe two out of it yet, we'll see.

Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn May 28 '21
Moderate dose, more in a bit. Should have a look at the car soon while it's still light; being the night person I am a well lit garage would be perfect.

I don't really wanna work on cars though I just wanna go places; "nowhere to go" with a busted car though, so we need to fix that.

Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn May 28 '21
Took the front dirt guard off, luckily the other was already off due to ongoing transmission service.

Add water to cooling system; boot up the Charger and voila! The culprit has been unveiled. Phase two : fix the fucking leak, tomorrow. It's progress.

Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn May 29 '21
I'm supposed to be working on my car but I keep coming back here(must be the MAS). After observing the leak last night I was thinking that when the radiator fan malfunctioned and went ballistic that it fucked with that little half turn petcock of a drain plug where it's leaking around, but no dice. Loosened and retightened and still leaks.

So next we pull the petcock(who named this fucking thing) completely out and check to see if it still has the required O-ring in tact, who knows, after fourteen years it could be pretty well petrified like the tranny bolts.

Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn May 30 '21
Yeah it's that euphemistic frame of mind, you know, plus it's the best go-to for breaks with the comfy chair the music and all.

So it looks like my work on the Charger has led me to the conclusion that we'll be putting a new radiator in Tuesday. 165.00, or, for an additional 400.00(more or less) we could take the easy way out, so yeah, the former of course, plus, we get to impress all the neighbors by looking like a real mechanic.

Then finally we can go 'somewhere', but I don't know where yet, we can figure that out later.

Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn May 31 '21
Print out a checklist and see about getting that old radiator out and ready for the new one tomorrow.
Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn Jun 1 '21
Well got the old radiator out this afternoon and the new one in partially secured with the four condenser bolts finger tight and the entire assembly resting on a chair until I finish tomorrow, it was getting dark.

It was also a good time to replace the fog lamp bulbs since one was broken from a serious trip and a hard 'bump', it's all good now though after I remembered that I removed the fuse so didn't get pulled over to be informed that I had a foglamp out, no shit dude, and while you're at it you might as well search my car due to previous DWI and conditions of release, fuck that.

Baphomets Mod
Baphomets Jun 1 '21
"Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?" 

By Joyce Carol Oates

Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn Jun 2 '21
I don't know where I'm going, but I sure know where I've been.

Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn Jun 2 '21
All The Way

Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn Jun 3 '21
My two paragraph post just got catapulted into oblivion, but that's what I deserve for not writing it in Wordpad first.
Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn Jun 3 '21

The thing about the radiator project is that the disassembly allows for various side projects that can't be done once everything is put back together, plus unexpected issues arise that require resolution, among other things.

Supposedly it's a three hour project if you keep fairly busy but I've been at it off and on for a couple days and am about ready for a test drive. The final procedure we're on is purging air from the cooling system which may be a tad bit of an ongoing process, we don't know yet.

I believe that was the gist of what was lost, for what it's worth.

Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn Jun 4 '21
I noticed I had company when I was working on the car, first I saw one, then two, and then three little Chipmunks. They kept moving closer and closer to where I was, maybe curious.

I didn't have any saltless nuts or seeds but I put some water out for them. Hope they don't get any of that coolant on them, that shit's poisonous.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »
Satanic International Network was created by Zach Black in 2009.
Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Spread the Word. Help Us Grow

Share:

Donate - PayPal