A New Topic (more specious brahman bullshit) | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » Philosophy/Politics
Aborior Translatione
Why does bad luck seem to precede an even more dramatic event? Like foreshocks and mainshocks.

In the dramatized version of Apollo 13 they documented real things that actually happened in the lead up to that event. 

The wife of Jim Lovell really did lose her wedding ring.

One crew member really did get sick.

And several other little hitches along the way let it known something was amiss.

Generally women do better picking up on these than men. They can be called omens, signs, harbingers, but they all do the same thing. Make your intuition go fucking insane. 

And they are there. It's happened to you. It's happened to me multiple times. Shit starts turning before it hits the fan. Is it any more then attributing significance that isn't there? 

I can't explain it unless I rationalize it all as coincidence and false assumption of significance. Like a bunch of shit luck in poker instead of a rush. A defect of statistics to hit highs and lows. 

But I'm not sold on my discrediting. 

And that what I submit that question.

What is in play to make our causal experience trip up like this? 

If outcomes are a probability and can't be precisely known, but only inferred based on likelihood, how can these omens relate to our experience? And be apparent in the form of "causal premonitions".

My current wacky idea for this: 

In my 9/11 example (in another thread) perhaps the liklihood of "Air disaster" increased so much that the liklihood of outcome somehow makes every causal chain the person is experiencing more prone to its own setbacks? Like a cascade effect that ends with them missing their flight. 

I really just pulled that out my ass right now, but it's something. 

What are your thoughts? 

The added video (now removed) was put in the wrong thread because I wasn't paying enough attention...

The Forum post is edited by Aborior Translatione Apr 13
Share:
Cornelius Coburn
I've actually experienced being prevented from doing something that would have a very bad outcome for me on more than one occasion.

It's very difficult to elaborate on things of this sort though. If you think in terms of something like the DMT Machine Elves, or 'other' mysterious extra or hidden dimensional workers attempting to 'patch up' 'bugs' in the system or other unfavorable outcomes before they occur.

If you wanna try to elaborate more than just some hidden framework.

Aborior Translatione
Machine elves, dark gods, same difference. 

The acausal is certainly an answer that comes up a lot. 

Cornelius Coburn
I suppose it's plausible that there are parts integrated into the system that are imperceptible to the visual mechanisms.
Cornelius Coburn
And this is about as far as you can go with this really though without doing some DMT or something that will tune you into this stuff so you can see for yourself.
Cornelius Coburn

Electromagnetic energy can be 'tuned into' yielding various 'dimensions' so exactly how far can this analogy be taken? Is consciousness similar in nature to energy and it can it also be tuned in to other dimensions? Although this would be more of a context than a cause, i.e. the context in which the cause operates/functions.

Edit : structure

The Forum post is edited by Cornelius Coburn Apr 13
Baphomets
Baphomets Apr 13
Things happen... and how an event is perceived may or may not make it an "omen." Going back to your Apollo example, Lovell's wife lost her ring. If the disaster was taken out of the equation, perhaps she and Jim would have merely replaced the ring upon his return - no big deal.  And all of the other "signs" would be of no importance.

I think that due to wide-known mystical ideas, reflection may cause this afterthought. It isn't an omen or a sign until you perceive it as such. Do you think the crew member that got sick thought that it was a sign  preluding disaster? Nah, probably not.

Aborior Translatione

Quote from BaphometsThings happen... and how an event is perceived may or may not make it an "omen.Going back to your Apollo example, Lovell's wife lost her ring. If the disaster was taken out of the equation, perhaps she and Jim would have merely replaced the ring upon his return - no big deal.  And all of the other "signs" would be of no importance.

I think that due to wide-known mystical ideas, reflection may cause this afterthought. It isn't an omen or a sign until you perceive it as such. Do you think the crew member that got sick thought that it was a sign  preluding disaster? Nah, probably not.

You know, that's my best answer to. The best rational answer I can use anyway. 

Though I am suspending my disbelief on this one and indulging magical thinking. 

Marilyn Lovell (in a story I read awhile back) said the moment Jim got moved up to Prime Crew she had a horrible feeling about the mission.  Including multiple dreams of disaster in space, which was also included in the movie.

It's ethereal and specious, and the predictive, unconcsious, and psychic aspect is hard to rectify against what we can affirm about causality and chaos, or the psychology of hope/fears, dreams, and false belief of significance. 

Absoluely an astronauts wife will always be prone to bad dreams about space, and she even had a noted fear of things going wrong, but there are a lot of lumped coincidences at once. 

The anamoly I see, is actually against the statistical likelihood of SO MANY things pointing a certain direction around a significant event, even in hindsight. 

The mystical topic being an attempt to find a reason for "psychic" abilities, not associated with bullshit and cold reading. Is there a trajectory in the flow of events (luck) that can be gleamed by consciousness, and does this not speak to anything but: 

Things happen... and how an event is perceived may or may not make it an "omen.

The Forum post is edited by Aborior Translatione Apr 14
Baphomets
Baphomets Apr 13
Not sure.

True story. Yesterday, a huge moth appeared in my apartment in the middle of the night without having doors or windows open. Part of me felt it strange and a sign, but then the rational part of me said, it's just a damn moth. Then, today I passed an extraordinarily difficult test that boosted my pay and rank with no study or preparation. Was the moth a sign of things to come or was it just coincidental? Ya know, some folks believe the moth symbolizes the beginning of something new in life. Death to the old ways. 

I believe in signs of things to come, but I also believe in coincidence. Not every coincidental thing that happens is a sign.

Cornelius Coburn

Quote from Baphomets? Ya know, some folks believe the moth symbolizes the beginning of something new in life.

The "moth" more as an omen in the current context and maybe less about just "something new" as it relates to divination. 

Absolutely, "metamorphosis"; larvae, pupae, and moth - as opposed to mere 'change'. It's a pretty valid, solid, and comprehensive connection although as always with things of the sort left to wonder if only just coincidence.

Must have been a catalyst for the recent SB comment because it would be even more weird if otherwise.

It is also true the countless events with no pending connection that remain isolated then forgotten. I would have used that had I thought of it at the time.

Edit : clarification

The Forum post is edited by Cornelius Coburn Apr 13
talisman
talisman Apr 17
Well, things happen. You are not sure, but every day things happen. And every other day things will happen. 

What is left to be coincidence, something you don't understand.

Maybe in quantum.

The Forum post is edited by talisman Apr 17
Cornelius Coburn
It seems like freewill can result in situations that may be unfavorable to the powers that be, so the invisible workers, or, higher powers intervene in ways that are for the most part, undetectable. It may or may not seem trivial, it's difficult to say what the motives might be.
Aborior Translatione
The fuck? 

I look at it like poker. 

Sometimes you go on a rush and hit continuously.

And then it dries up and if you dont read the trajectory of your luck correctly, you tilt right the fuck off the table.

Why can't that same dynamic apply to all luck a person encounters in life? 

I like that because it says apart from learning the "Art of Kenny Rogers' The Gambler" we ultimately have no control of preventing ebbs in the flow. 

In a broader sense there is no plan for the kancer kid that dies of leukemia at 9 other than it balances out the privileged trust fun baby that lives to 95 and has an awesome fulfilled life that shits on the welfare class. 

And that's just a defect of observation and set ranges. 

No need for machine elves. 

The Forum post is edited by Aborior Translatione Apr 20
Cornelius Coburn
Of course 'chance' is a huge factor; I just don't believe it's the only one. Maybe related to whether or not, or how 'trivial' the effect will be.

Schematically, I see it as a tree, or a fractal implement. Where each 'choice' resides at the base of a branch; once a choice has been made the branch collapses to that 'choice', or vector, and a new branch materializes; so on and so forth.

Cornelius Coburn
So of course each choice determines as well as eliminates future possibilities.
Aborior Translatione
I know it's a prevalent and even respected opinion, but I can't move any masters past specious logic.  

And everyone seems to have it is some form. Gods, Architects, Masters, Acausals, everyone has some overreaching mechanism for why there is an elegant symmetrical universe, and usually a further rationalization of synchroncity. 

Et al are affirmation of some type of God. Even ones that imprint balance upon our chaotic experiences or exist to direct causality in some way. 

Again to the online poker reference. 

50 hands are dealt an hour easily. And with so many hands played, and 18 hole cards dealt per hand, you are going to see a royal flush eventually. 

The statistics of three people sitting in sequential order with QQ, KK, AA to all be dealt that on the same hand is astronomically low, but it happens.

* I had the AA and lost to the QQ after Q-4-J-J-9 came from the community cards. Stuck out so much i committed that hand to memory. 

And when it happens you have people swearing it's a rigged algorithm to promote game play. 

"It's play money and there is a command to deal higher concentrations of face cards", they might say. 

This tendency includes people believing specific cards are being dealt with the game's intention being to make the three of a kind lose to the strait - which loses to the flush - which loses to the full house. Nevermind the 23 total cards used.  Unless you are the full house, then you will be less likely to cite a 'rigged algorithm'.  

Why can't it be another natural flow where 'the count' of cards dealt soars to +22, to use a card counting reference. The anomalies happen more during statistical ebbs and flows. And because this is so ultimately without intelligence or outside influence the highs and lows are more noticeable and even exploitable.  The worst decisions seem to be made when the count plunges to -30 and everyone makes moves with shit. 

And I just can't see that flow as directed by Brahman, or influenced by us beyond making better decisions at the table.  

It is without logic and reason that people have tendency to ascribe significance to things that happen naturally. 

The Forum post is edited by Aborior Translatione Apr 22
Cornelius Coburn

The term "God" is about as meaningless as undefined "traits and characteristics" from the other thread although its' use is an inescapable matter of convention and unavoidable for the most part.

You have to look at it from a perspective prior to the creation of the universe. The "poker" analogy is after the fact which is expected since this 4D matrix most definitely serves as prison for the mind, for most.

I feel the universe without some form of divine order would be destroyed over and over again at the hands of chaos with no chance at all to adequately develop; we are talking about billions of years here.

Logic and reason only goes so far and is not the answer for everything; then it's reflections, analogies, and extrapolation which may or may not be logical.

God this and God that without its' proper context, bullshit.

Cornelius Coburn
Can 'order' exist in the absence of a god? Well that depends on your definition of 'god'; I don't believe a personal type god is necessary here.
Aborior Translatione

Quote from Cornelius Coburn

The term "God" is about as meaningless as undefined "traits and characteristics" from the other thread although its' use is an inescapable matter of convention and unavoidable for the most part.

You have to look at it from a perspective prior to the creation of the universe. The "poker" analogy is after the fact which is expected since this 4D matrix most definitely serves as prison for the mind, for most.

I feel the universe without some form of divine order would be destroyed over and over again at the hands of chaos with no chance at all to adequately develop; we are talking about billions of years here.

Logic and reason only goes so far and is not the answer for everything; then it's reflections, analogies, and extrapolation which may or may not be logical.

God this and God that without its' proper context, bullshit.

That seems like it can honestly be explained away by high energy particles.

And I'm not trolling you. 

The mystery is gravity.  The mystery is figuring out what happened at cosmic inflation to bring mass into the universe. 

Then you only need the poker game. All design is regulated by matter's attraction/antimatter's repulsion and self-annihilation (equilibrium). In this, the universe is a mistake undoing itself by dissipating excess energy. 

All form through mass. All equilibrium through uniform deconstruction. All drawing to the clumping of materials. Your life is adverse because planet formation and subsequent appearance of intelligent  life is adverse. 

There's just that one little place where all answers seem equal.   Except with occams razor. The creation of God itself is now the counterpart of any pre-universe theory you toss out. 

With no difference except a removed step of logic for one. 

The Forum post is edited by Aborior Translatione Apr 22
Cornelius Coburn
I understand that particles can also be waveforms. Maybe the waveform is 'information' to be decoded rendering the particle. We know how efficient this is modern day.

Energy is defined as oscillating waveforms traveling at the SOL, but what is the true substance of these 'waves'.

Pages: 1 2 »
Satanic International Network was created by Zach Black in 2009.
Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Spread the Word. Help Us Grow

Share:

Donate - PayPal

This site is largely funded by donations. You can show your support by donating. Thanks. Every dollar helps. You need not a PayPal to donate either just a debit or credit card.