Humans Are Terrible Computers | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Discussion
Dark Enlightenment
Dark Enlightenment Jun 26 '18
I'm stealing this from a topic at CoD when this article was relevant.

It has been noted there's a gap in precognition (command) and carrying out the task. A striking 8-10 seconds of your shitty ass processor loading. 

It appears we have even worse graphics accelerators.

https://www.rt.com/...ual-information-709/

"What you are seeing at the present moment is not a fresh snapshot of the world but rather an average of what you've seen in the past 10 to 15 seconds," said study author Jason Fischer, Ph.D., a neuroscientist at MIT. The discovery, called a continuity field, at first seems to be yet another optical illusion, good to explain why we miss errors in film editing. “The continuity field smoothes what would otherwise be a jittery perception of object features over time"

This is such a counterintuitive thing to consider. Did I really just have to slam on my brakes in traffic 15 seconds ago?  What about those dynamic events that made me slam on my brakes? 

Is it truly saying when you think the light changed to green your already 15 seconds down the road? Do you act upon blurs your mind assumes are a clear image or do you not act at all and some time later remember a decision to act you never really made? 

And finally, what is deja vu really?

And how much weed is too much?

The Forum post is edited by Dark Enlightenment Jun 26 '18
Share:
Satanic International Network was created by Zach Black in 2009.
Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Spread the Word. Help Us Grow

Share:

Donate - PayPal