Spiders! | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Discussion
ShadowLover Member
ShadowLover Jan 10 '16
I hate it when you see a huge spider on the ceiling and then you go and do something and when you come back it is gone and you spend the rest of the day walking around with your eyes on the roof while you do things in case it falls on your head.

Or when you wake up in the morning and there is a five-legged spider on the wall next to you... And you just know it lost its legs when it crawled on you while you were asleep and you brushed it away.

And I read... In the course of a lifetime, the average person, while sleeping, will ingest 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders. Now on the rare occasion that I wake up with a cough I wonder what hairy fuck went down my throat!  Eww!
The Forum post is edited by ShadowLover Jan 10 '16
Share:
G.B.
G.B. Jan 20 '16
i remember years ago when i was living on mermaid beach australia i caught the biggest wolf spider i had ever seen. i put a bucket over it, but its legs spanned larger than the bucket and it had to pull in its legs. it had a span roughly of a dartboard when casually sitting there.
i put it in a terrarium and threw in some cockroaches and watched it. it was amazing. its black eyes were so big i could see my reflection in them.
i nearly got a heartattack when it jumped at one of the cockroaches after we were staring at each other for over an hour.

after a while i released it a fair bit away from my apartement. as i was walking down the street people saw my spider and were totally amazed at its size, noones ever seen a big one like that, even for australian standards. here in germany spiders are fewer and smaller and not dangerous, but people are more afraid of spiders than in australia.

nontheless i had a girlfriend for many years who held bird spiders. she was a little clumsy when it came to closing the terrariums, she forgot that part regularily. so i had to search for escaped bird spiders every now and then. same with snakes, there´d be a snake sitting somewhere when coming home from work. once one of the cats went into one of the terrariums and i found it sitting in front of the snake, they were staring at each other. the snake could have easily just swallowed the cat in one gulp, so it was lucky i intervened.
ShadowLover Member
ShadowLover Jan 20 '16
Wow! That is big! I haven't seen one that big. If I did and it was inside my house it would have to die. 

The normal sized Huntsmans and Wolf spiders don't worry me so much. They are not so poisonous by spider standards and if they just want to sit around and eat insects that is okay. So long as they are on the far wall and not in my bedroom and especially not above my head. Or in my shower and sitting on my shampoo! Like the one in the photo. This is a smaller Huntsman - fortunately for him or I might have reached for the bug spray instead of the Chinese container..

One time though, I went to sit on my balcony and the was a huge Huntsman out on the floor so I jumped and roared and tried to scare it but the fucker shaped up to me! ...So I was like - you win... I'll come back and sit on my balcony later. Lol.

If somebody lost a Bird Eating spider in my house though - I would have to move.

Screw that - those buggers are way too big and hairy. How did you pick them up? I believe when they sell them as pets the fangs are removed - is that true?

The Forum post is edited by ShadowLover Jan 20 '16
G.B.
G.B. Jan 20 '16
@shadowlover:
i pick them up with a box, like you in the pic. i have a bird spider ( a brachypelma smithi), but i leave her alone, so she is very shy and gets nervous easily. she isn´t used to that.
my then-gf picked them up with her fingers, you hold them in the middle between the segments of the legs. her spiders were used to it and tolerated it. she kissed and patted them.
heres a video of someone showing how to pick up spiders:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z43Q4MU3vI

i´ve never ever heard of the fangs being removed. i cannot imagine how that would be possible without killing the spider.

cute spider of yours there, btw!
The Forum post is edited by G.B. Jan 20 '16
ShadowLover Member
ShadowLover Jan 20 '16
No, it's not cute... It's freaky looking! I chucked it out the back door into the garden and collected my container the next day. Lol. 

I don't know how your girlfriend patted and kissed one of them things. Wow! Brave girl. Yikes!

Berardo Rodriguez Member
Berardo Rodriguez Jan 21 '16
Almost 3 years ago I took  a spider  with my fingers , it was the size of my hand, it was a tarantula, it bite me on the outside of my left hand. My hand was red for a month. I love spiders and keep them on the walls of my bedroom, they are everywhere in my house, I like seeing  their work  while  they are weaving  the net  ,  they control the flies and mosquitoes of my house.
Satanic International Network was created by Zach Black in 2009.
Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Spread the Word. Help Us Grow

Share:

Donate - PayPal