What Path Do You Follow? | Forum

Khandnalie Member
Khandnalie Jul 29 '14
So, the age-old LHP icebreaker - 

What is your particular brand of Satanism, and why?

Share:
Shawn
Shawn Jul 29 '14
If I'm anything, I'm LaVeyan. Because Anton was always up to something.
Michael
Michael Jul 29 '14
LaVeyan because if Satan really does exist then its rather odd that he will only reveal himself to a handful of theistic Satanists and not LaVeyan Satanists even though he himself as well as us could both benefit from each other but mostly us though since he would know more than we do. Also if Satan exists then he's basically an oxymoron to Christianity/Judaism/Islam because he insists that we worship and follow him and yet he gives us no valid proof for his existence(blind faith). So it makes much more sense to view Satan as a metaphor and symbol for Mankind and the LHP.
Thomas LeRoy Member
Thomas LeRoy Jul 29 '14
LaVeyan Satanist and rational occultist with an interest in Eastern Left-Hand Path philosophies.
Paul Ross Fletcher Member
Paul Ross Fletcher Jul 29 '14
I am always changing and evolving with whatever sensibilities and desires I have at any given time. I take the wisdom of Crowley and LaVey of course, but I also take time to study Taoism, Kabbalah, Sufism, Gnosticism, Roman Catholic and Islamic theology and philosophy, and other schools of thought that contain nuggets of wisdom that appeal to me.
The Forum post is edited by Paul Ross Fletcher Jul 29 '14
Jeffrey Michael Reiss

For me like many others it all started with LaVey.  I had no idea what Satanism was about until a year after the S.B. was released.  It was as if it was a book written about me for me.

As time passed I read more about Satanism and other subjects and authors. These books broadened my perception of Satanism with many new ideas which continued my evolution. 

The way I see it is that many that start with La Vey get stuck there. They follow the S.B. literally. I becomes their personal paradigm with no original thought of their own.  Eleven rules of the earth and the nine Satanic Sins are memorized and followed.  This is dogma no better than that of the Abrahamic faiths. Good topic choice.  

Jeffrey Michael Reiss

For me like many others it all started with LaVey.  I had no idea what Satanism was about until a year after the S.B. was released.  It was as if it was a book written about me for me.

As time passed I read more about Satanism and other subjects and authors. These books broadened my perception of Satanism with many new ideas which continued my evolution. 

The way I see it is that many that start with La Vey get stuck there. They follow the S.B. literally. I becomes their personal paradigm with no original thought of their own.  Eleven rules of the earth and the nine Satanic Sins are memorized and followed.  This is dogma no better than that of the Abrahamic faiths. Good topic choice.  

The Forum post is edited by Jeffrey Michael Reiss Jul 30 '14
D. Bush
D. Bush Jul 31 '14
I am here to learn about Satanism, but I do not follow it.  I have read the Satanic Bible, The Satanic Witch, and the Necronomicon.  I have read about Wicca, the Left hand Path, and many older texts from the 1800's about Babylonian and Assyrian magic and religion.  I have also read some of Mr. Crowley's work and work about the Golden Dawn.  I profess only to be a Pagan and refuse to define that much more.
Jul 31 '14
I had a rough time trying to find my path. I flip-flopped for a long time between Paganism & pretty much nothingness. Then I was in the book store, in the occult section. I found not just one, not just two copies, but several copies of The Satanic Bible (which is very strange, I live in a christian town)...I picked one up, I was going to buy it, but, I didn't. I wanted to know more about it before going off & making a decision that I could regret. 
I came from a Pentecostal family (which is really freaking scary, the woman have long hair, wear crappy dresses, simply put, I do not look like them at all)...I did some research on Anton LaVey, and of course when you google or bing his name The Church Of Satan pops up. I followed the link & started reading the sins & the rules, not to mention my best friend was sitting with me & not taking any of it seriously. 
I found myself agreeing with everything, the rules & the sins. Then I decided to go pick up the book, I'm still agreeing with it, and I have started following it. I never felt welcome in the christian community, I was always rejected by them because of the way I look, think, and act. Which I don't find christian like at all because they're supposed to love everyone because that's what their 'god' says. 
I've had some experiences with the christian community, some really sad ones. But...I just saw this & thought I would share.

Daniel Malley
Daniel Malley Jul 31 '14
Laveyean, but to be honest I am almost as influenced by Thelema and Taoism 
Jul 31 '14
Theistic, I believe that Satan is an extraterrestrial intelligence or inter-dimensional being.
Khandnalie Member
Khandnalie Jul 31 '14
I agree a lot with Mr. Reiss up there - LaVey is a fine starting place, but his philosophy is just that: his philosophy. Many will agree and disagree with it to varying degrees. But it is a good starting point, and outlines many ethical and philosophical guidelines that have come to underpin the broader inclusive Satanic perspective. Your Satanism is yours to define, and coming to know your own personal Satan is your own journey to undertake.

As for me, I am an Agnostic Social Satanist - I hold many of the beliefs common to pretty much all atheistic/agnostic branches, though I personally put a greater emphasis on the necessity of group action and social cooperation to achieve ends beyond the scope of the individual.

I would say the Satanic group I identify the most with is The Satanic Temple, mostly because of their greater emphasis on empathy and compassion in one's personal ethics, a lesson that I feel has been neglected in the broader scope of Satanism.

The Forum post is edited by Khandnalie Jul 31 '14
Jeffrey Michael Reiss
  I think you would be surprised at the number of  left hand path followers in helping professions and occupations.  There are many involved in community activism on a voluntary basis.  I  find it interesting and helpful to use the methodology we used on ourselves to ascertain where we are and where we want to go at any point in time.  I very much like the direction you are heading in.
Khandnalie Member
Khandnalie Aug 3 '14
Maybe you should start a topic on it and gather people's views to help inform your own.
Orgasmic Karmatic. Mod
Orgasmic Karmatic. Aug 3 '14
I am not a Satanist, although I take from Satanist's structure as I choose. I feel more closely in line with Chaoism or Discordian and my main philosophy is "if it works, keep it.. if it doesn't, toss it". (Nothing is true, everything is permitted. :D)

Picking and choosing from this and that, I can run with the atheists and the theists but generally, anything that I do that might seem to sit in the theist camp is psychodrama.

The Forum post is edited by Orgasmic Karmatic. Aug 3 '14
VenusSatanas
VenusSatanas Aug 6 '14
Hey I like to recognize Satan from many different angles, be it purely symbolic or physical, as a force of nature, as a god and/or demon.. why just stop at one singular interpretation? Im not a monotheist.  I am spiritual though, which simply means that I use Satanism as a way of living and as a form of spirituality. By doing this, it enriches my life in many ways.
Kenneth
Kenneth Aug 8 '14
Religion being "bad" has nothing to do with whether or not God is real and thus is not related to an atheistic position. All such a position entails is that God does not exist. Abhorrence of the actions people use religion (or anything else) to justify is a separate, individual stance that may be influenced by one's worldview but is not necessarily a product of it.
Khandnalie Member
Khandnalie Aug 15 '14

Quote from Moloch Satanism is not divided into directions, but a personal religion. I have changed my mind about Satan several times during my practice, but there is nothing wrong with that, because the goal of Satanism is self-development. No one can walk the path for you because it can only be yourself.
I couldnt agree more. 
Juice
Juice Aug 17 '14
To general society, I'm an Atheist because of my disbelief in a deity. However I do agree with a lot of aspects of Satanism and partially follow it.

My philosophy is to enjoy life to its fullest and to help those who can't; and to focus on being a better person today rather than reminisce on who you were in the past.  
pir shaheb
pir shaheb Aug 19 '14
I am satanist who want to worship the knowledge, not the belief. 
Pages: 1 2 3 »
Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Like and Share

Donate - PayPal

This site is largely funded by donations. You can show your support by donating. Thanks. Every dollar helps. You need not a PayPal to donate either just a debit or credit card.

Satanic International Network was created by Zach Black in 2009 and is currently the most widely used social networking site for Satanists of its kind.
Zach Black-Social Media YouTube - satanicinternational & thesatanicnetwork FaceBook - SatanicInternational ( Zach Black) Instagram - satanicinternational