EASIER TO BE SATANIST IN SOME COUNTRIES, THAN OTHERS? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Discussion
RevMel Member
RevMel Dec 5 '15
Is it easire to be a satanist in some countries, as opposed to others? YES. Imagine wearing a pent in Africa or an Arabic country. Your existence wouldn't be worth a dime. And if there were satanists in those places. I guarantee you'd never hear about it. Unless someone told you privately, and would you even trust their word for it?
Share:
ShadowLover Member
ShadowLover Dec 5 '15
I don't think it matters so much in Australia.

Years ago, when I still believed in God, a Satanist joined the BDSM group I was in back then. Granted, we were open-minded folk anyway, but nobody cared and although it caused a stir he was quickly welcomed and accepted. He was a good bloke! It was funny, because the figurehead of the group was raised strictly Christian and in fact was the daughter of a Christian minister and they developed a great friendship. She just forbid him for signing his posts with that Shemhamforash so they compromised and he wrote Sh* or something like that. LOL. And I made a point of asking questions because I figure that is the best way to understand something.

But even among the general populace, I think you would get some whispers here and there but most people wouldn't care too much and would just take you for how you treat them personally.

Ps. But my first boyfriend (when we were 15yo) was horrified when he was wearing his Black Sabbath jacket and a bunch of Christians started talking to him thinking he was part of a Christian fellowship because of the crucifix. He was so insulted. LOL
Anna
Anna Dec 5 '15
There is some guy in the Religious Forums who lives in some Arabic country, don't remember which one. He can't admit his atheism. If his family learned, he would be disowned. I guess it sucks even more for Satanists.
RevMel Member
RevMel Dec 6 '15
Yes in Austsralia canaada, most European  areas and the US. not so much of a problem. However if we're talking about Africa, or Arabic countries, then the problems start. Get my head cut off.
ShadowLover Member
ShadowLover Dec 6 '15
Well Saudi Arabia has just declared all Atheists to be terrorists - and they are head of Human Rights in the UN... I'm not sure what their particular definition of what an Atheist is.

Where do such countries stand on the Occult in general? Because didn't some of the most ancient texts originate from the Middle East? A person from any religion could be an Occultist, couldn't they?
Hartnell
Hartnell Dec 7 '15
I have a hard time believing that Saudi did that. Have a reliable source?
ShadowLover Member
ShadowLover Dec 7 '15
Hartnell, I love it when people ask me to elaborate because it makes me investigate things further and I always learn stuff! Like this news is actually from April last year!

As for a reliable source... What is that? I honestly don't know which sources to trust and tend to hold to the theory that history was written by the winners and believe that current news is history in the making, influenced and being reshaped at every possible turn.

In saying that, if you Google "Saudi declares atheists terrorists" there are over ten pages of articles - perhaps you have an idea of which sources you would trust. However, because you did ask for an example I decided to share links to the two recorded talks, not because I think they are the most reliable sources, but because they discuss the reasons behind the decision.

http://video.foxnews.com/...atheists-terrorists/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP_u1Lbpqjk
Hartnell
Hartnell Dec 7 '15
Yeah, I'm going to do my own search. Bbl
Hartnell
Hartnell Dec 7 '15
Something you might be interested to know: Saudia Arabia is a monarchy. From what I can tell what everyone is talking about is a royal decree designed to deal with dissidents, not 'terrorists' -- that seems to be the spin by western media because it's easy to "understand" when it's all reputition and no understanding. I'll post more about this later. In the meantime, google 'devine right of kings' -- it's relevant.
RevMel Member
RevMel Dec 7 '15
I shall anticipate reading it. Thanks.
RevMel Member
RevMel Dec 7 '15
Well i'd hate to be a satanist in SA then. That's a sure death sentence. The African continent is the same way. Look at what they're doing to gay people, driven by the frenzy of christian madness.

ShadowLover Member
ShadowLover Dec 8 '15
Ah yes, I remember learning about the Divine Right of Kings. I understand Saudi Arabia is a Monarchy, and also that this law may never affect those of us that do not live under the King's rule. At least let's hope not...

It's a strange planet. Or rather, the planet is full of strange scary and scared people...
Hartnell
Hartnell Dec 8 '15
I can't find the whole of the text of this law or decree. That's significant, at least, for me to have any kind if informed opinion on it. Oh well. I can only speculate with the few scraps I've found but it's worth nothing that the more reputable the news source, the more strongly vague-quotes are used for the word "terrorist".

'

ShadowLover Member
ShadowLover Dec 8 '15
@Hartnell... I think I am getting closer to the original source. I don't understand Arabic but I think it was not a decree but something said by a Holy Man describing terrorists(Daash) as Atheists. So they are not so much saying that all Atheists are terrorists, but rather that terrorists are atheists.

Headline Translation:
Saudi preacher Shathry : Daash disbelieve of Jews and Christians and fights Allah and the Prophet and reporting mother for her son's duty

Second last paragraph Translation:

Shathry felt it was wrong to describe the members of this organization that they are of the Kharijites , adding : "This is the organization of atheists and his companions heretics are fighting Allah and His Messenger , nor acknowledge Lord God , do not recognize Islam as a religion , does not recognize Muhammad as a prophet .. they disbelieve of Jews and Christians ; but they disbelieve from pagans

http://arabic.cnn.com/...c-isis?hpt=continous

The Forum post is edited by ShadowLover Dec 8 '15
RevMel Member
RevMel Dec 11 '15
They just had beheadings of several people , in Saudi Arabiabecause they practiced Wicca, and would not convert to Islam. The executions, included 2 women.
Hartnell
Hartnell Dec 11 '15
@SL: Cool. :)
Hartnell
Hartnell Dec 11 '15
@RevMel: newswire or it didn't happen.

ShadowLover Member
ShadowLover Dec 12 '15
RevMel, I think that particular killing may have happened in Syria. Apparently Daesh have killed 3000 for not converting to Islam - 2 women alongside their husbands for witchcraft. Apparently it is unusual for them to publicly kill women in this way. There was also 74 children among them, too. I can't work out whether this number has been since it became an Islamic state, or whether they did them all on the one day to celebrate the one year anniversary of them becoming an Islamic state.

Sadly, anything Daesh does, doesn't surprise me, but I think it is fair to say that it wouldn't be safe to openly practice witchcraft in Syria.

The Forum post is edited by ShadowLover Dec 12 '15
Andy Mohr
Andy Mohr Dec 13 '15
I see Satanism very connected to Western culture(Western European and North American) and its philosophical origins(Rome, Greece and Ancient Egypt).
Andy Mohr
Andy Mohr Dec 13 '15
Of course I am talking with a LaVeyan/Atheistic vision.
Pages: 1 2 »
Satanic International Network was created by Zach Black in 2009.
Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Spread the Word. Help Us Grow

Share:

Donate - PayPal