AntonDahmer
AntonDahmer Apr 5 '17
Contributed nothing!? How dare you OJ lol
AntonDahmer
AntonDahmer Apr 5 '17

Quote from FraterLuciferi
Quote from quael 
Orange, Frater is typically regarded as a troll around here. :/

Because I want to change Satanism radically?
How would you change satanism if you have not studied? Even if you do not agree with LaVey you would have too admit that the long lists of literature he cites for inspiration is something you have not achieved, at this point the closest thing that you could bring upon is a cult designed around your dogma trying to identify itself with "satanism", no more and no less.
quael
quael Apr 5 '17

Quote from quael 
Orange, Frater is typically regarded as a troll around here. :/

Because I want to change Satanism radically?
Well then, go out and DO something, as opposed to shitposting on forums. 
AntonDahmer
AntonDahmer Apr 6 '17

Quote from quael 
Well then, go out and DO something, as opposed to shitposting on forums. 

I don't do shitposting on forums but there are people like you who are to afraid of radical change. 
What change?

orange_juice
orange_juice Apr 6 '17
I guess you could call your new ideology FRATERIAN SATANISM.
pyro
pyro Apr 6 '17

No, it will just attract new sheep.
baa ram ewe
neyamiko
neyamiko Apr 6 '17

Quote from pyro

baa ram ewe
Well my father is a goat fucker! :P
Azrael2420
Azrael2420 Apr 6 '17

Quote from neyamiko
Quote from pyro

baa ram ewe
Well my father is a goat fucker! :P
Mine too!

Hartnell
Hartnell Apr 12 '17

Quote from orange_juice Hey guys,

I have no idea really what the occult is or where to start with it but I'm really interested. I have some questions about it:

1. What is it? What's it about? 

It's a cultivated automatic association with "forbidden mystery" used to evoke fear and wonder in order to sell newspapers. 

2. Does it have anything to do with cults? (probably a silly question)

Yes, that's an intentional part of the association. Ordinarily the newspapers (or whatever cheap media) is selling a story about "the occult", they frame it as being a practice or whatnot of some secretive and possibly sinister group.

If it weren't for that, I'd say it was a retarded question asked only because the two words rhyme. But it is what it is, and it's not your fault for thinking that.

3. I'm sure it's more of a book thing than anything else, what books should I read?

Start with Supernatural Horror in Literature by HP Lovecraft

I've read the satanic bible by Anton LaVey and found myself looking into a mirror and now consider myself a satanist. But I sometimes wonder if there is more out there.

More of what?

-orange_juice

YW. 

Edit: This doesn't mean that there isn't something known as "occultism", but you asked about "the occult." I have answered the questions that have been asked. :)

The Forum post is edited by Hartnell Apr 12 '17
orange_juice
orange_juice Apr 18 '17
nice thank you. the reason im drawn to the occult is that I hear you can get much out of it. I think that it can help me gain things I find fulfilling and I like the sound of that.
Hartnell
Hartnell Apr 26 '17
@Zoramonkey I think you misunderstood me. I didn't simply "recommed that someone start reading Lovecraft". I recommended that they read Supernatural Horror in Literature by Lovecraft in relation to the term "The Occult", as it covers at least several hundred years of the type of fiction where the tropes of "The Occult" largely come from.

I didn't recommend it in direct connection with Occultism, though such connections (in Lovecraft's  case) can certainly be made. However, Supernatural Horror in Literature is mainly a commentary by Locecraft on other works and on the field in general.

As I said, I answered the queations that had been ASKED. There was no queation asked about occultism.  I mean, really, how much bigger of a clue can I give than that?

(SPOILER: The next logical step is to ask a question about occultism, not "The Occult")

The Forum post is edited by Hartnell Apr 26 '17
Pages: « 1 2 3
Satanic International Network was created by Zach Black in 2009.
Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Spread the Word. Help Us Grow

Share:

Donate - PayPal