What Path Do You Follow? | Forum

syncretist87
syncretist87 Sep 5 '14
LaVey's Satanism brought the authenticity and the practicality how to live life what's "here and now". I admire his philosophical approach due to its accurate effectiveness that you are able to apply it in whichever society you are in. An example would be: "Don't not give out your opinions unless you are asked or its someone you trust.". But to consider 'LaVeyan Satanism' as my religion/philosophy, yes I do, but to the extent where its merely a part of the mosaic of what I believe in. I'm a syncretist and I believe in the fusion of "philosophy and religion" specifically chosen by me in manner which I see fit that brings idealism and realism together. LaVeyan Satanism is effective to me in terms how I deal with people, which is realistic, practical, simplified and effective. The 9 Satanic sins is a great motivation for me every morning to know and how I should keep my feet on the ground not up in the clouds. Stupidity? Yes, you are going to see a lot of that everyday and the Satanic Bible is my instruction manual how to smite those type of people...How I wish LaVey could have included ignorance and superficiality as a sin too.      
The Forum post is edited by syncretist87 Sep 5 '14
Epicurus Member
Epicurus Sep 6 '14
 Philosophy is my path, literally it means the "love of wisdom". The way I live,I am more like a LaVeyan Satanist. 
Rev. John
Rev. John Oct 13 '14
I started out with LaVey's philosophy, and it inspired me to follow my own path, which is (in my opinion) the whole point of Satanism in the first place. I've always been an occultist, but I will always attribute my ways to LaVey's wisdom.
nith
nith Oct 13 '14

When asked about paths I normally reply the Left Hand Path. I do see the funny side of this as mainly it is the path of making your own path with the information found. I could add many catch phrases but I find the more borrowed from others means the path is less my own.

I have researched philosophy but found there are very few I find that don't carry extra baggage. One thing I find with philosophy is it is mainly are chair thinking unless it is experienced and the labels often get in the way.

JasinElric
JasinElric Oct 13 '14
I don't follow a path, I dig it as I go along and I walk it.
possesedbythedevil666
Quote from JasinElric I don't follow a path, I dig it as I go along and I walk it.

This seems to be the path that I myself have been on for the past 6 - 8 years that I have been a Satanist.
MisterOwl
MisterOwl Feb 10 '15

I consider myself an atheist, in the sense that I reject the concept of an anthropomorphized deity. That being said, I do sort of believe in a life force that permeates all known existence; you know, energy that drives creation, destruction and sustains all that exists in the universe. This view comes from both science and philosophy. As for the philosophical aspects -- as much as I should -- I refrain from delving too deep into it because I can get very lost in this out there thinking, for example: is the universe alive? What does it even mean to be alive? Is life purely a biological thing? Is life self-awareness? Plant are technically alive, but show no real signs of self-awareness.. etc. and it goes on in chains like this for me. One day I will sit down and try to sort out my more eccentric thoughts, but not today.

I can see the benefits of ritual and magic (as described in TSB and other non-theistic works), but in no way view any of it as a necessary part of Satanism. Ultimately, Satanism, as a few of you have already stated, both in this thread and others, is about blazing your own path. Personally, I am not so much making a path as wandering through life, with no particular direction or destination in mind. It's more fun that way. Like taking a random road trip -- you have an idea of where you might want to end up, but take no map and never ask for directions as you find more joy in the journey than the end destination.

I also view Satanism as a more militant form of my atheism. Meaning, it is clear that, through such things as the publishing of TSB/founding of the original COS as well as the modern work of TST that Satanists are more likely to stand up to and or openly mock militant RHP theists who would seek to enslave humanity through their brand of theo-fascism. Where generally atheists will stand up to defend themselves, it is rare that they go on an all out offensive or retaliation attack against these people, whereas the Satanist will not only defend him/herself against RHP attacks, but will viciously put these people in their place. The typical atheist will lower his head to the theist in order to present oneself as not being a threat, while spouting, "to each their own," whereas the Satanist will stare the theist directly in the eyes and stand their ground 'til the end.

Satan represents the adversary to these zealots an other unjust things in life. He is the personification of enlightenment and a symbol of wisdom and the freedom to choose your own way of existence. As the popular John Milton saying goes, "better to reign in hell than serve in heaven."

Satan is not rebellious for the sake of being rebellious. Satan is a revolutionary seeking real change for the better. The way I view the myth.. the character of Satan didn't fall from grace. He defected from an evil empire. Much the same that Satanists do not typically come to Satanism out of anger at/rebellion towards the religion they were raised in, but come of their own accord, seeing something in it that changes or fulfills their life. For many of us (myself included) it "starts" with LaVey, but soon becomes a whole new, personal and beautiful thing -- and in truth, Satanism is such a personal religion/philosophy that I don't think even a million posts on a million message boards could ever truly explain to or show others the paths that we personally follow. But hey, we can try. After all, life is always better with a little philosophical discussion, right?

ol' grimey
ol' grimey Mar 17 '16
I don't follow first off and second I am OF my own path based on my experience, knowledge, understanding as well as on my ideas based on the former three.
Berardo Rodriguez Member
Berardo Rodriguez Mar 27 '16
 I used to preach the philosophy of "originality " 40 years ago, I was proud to say that everything I was teaching was originally mine, but I  couldn't brake the chains that religions put around my neck. 

Now, 40 years later,  thanks to the Satanic Philosophy of  "Individualism " ,  I broke those chains of mental slavery;  I follow my own way of living, I have my own rules, and to elevate my own personal pride "I WROTE MY OWN BIBLE " which contains my inheritance of freedom. 

I respect all my friends who follow their own path, those who are queens and kings ,goddesses and gods in their own domains . 

Satanists of all kind, Luciferians,  Shaitanists, Demonolatrians, Devil worshippers, and so forth,  everyone who is related to the kingdom of darkness is my friend, therefore, I count my foes by millions, because the enemies of darkness are my enemies,  I WILL LIVE FREE FROM RELIGIOUS MENTAL SLAVERY OR I WILL DIE TOGETHER WITH MY FRIENDS OF DARKNESS WHO ARE FIGHTING TO BE FREE. 

ol' grimey
ol' grimey Mar 27 '16

Quote from DevillaSatania              be your own god,... means make your own rules."           

Now that's a good personal understanding of that phrase/meme/mantra, "be your own god", I might add that also included in that is making your own world, in a manner of speaking and having finite mastery over material energy, thus exercising mind over mind, mind over situations, happenings and so forth; a sort of godly providence of your own design.

But the question is HOW do we become our own gods? Surely, it's not just affirming it, this doesn't make a god. Then what does make a god? The Great work; a particular doing that leads to liberation from emotional, psychological and in a sense physical fetters, it's what leads to transcendence and the highest state to be reached in human development; nirvana/paradise/the supreme goal, also abode. It's the super conscious trans-jective state.

ol' grimey
ol' grimey Mar 27 '16

Wow, that's crazy, that's exactly where my head is, even down to "writing my own bible". In fact, I'm in the middle of the sixth volume and I can really see the progression in my independent understanding. Only I never had any chains on me from day one, I was born free and I had the fortune of remaining free. And individualism, as well as an embrace of the whole man, with special attention to his tangible aspect, what gives definition, expression to the emotional, what does the same for the mental/psychological, itself being the same to/for the spiritual,(pertaining to consciousness) are the essence of Laveyan Satanism. It's not about being dogmatic about anything but knowing that anything that is outside of principles and what is confirmed by experiential application of said principles and experience, i.e. flowing, over all are nothing more than beliefs/theories/plausibles.... and once realized as such preferably are summarily dismissed as trivial, especially in light of becoming(your own god; in the flesh). 

Quote from berardo Rodriguez  I used to preach the philosophy of "originality " 40 years ago, I was proud to say that everything I was teaching was originally mine, but I  couldn't brake the chains that religions put around my neck. 

Now, 40 years later,  thanks to the Satanic Philosophy of  "Individualism " ,  I broke those chains of mental slavery;  I follow my own way of living, I have my own rules, and to elevate my own personal pride "I WROTE MY OWN BIBLE " which contains my inheritance of freedom. 

I respect all my friends who follow their own path, those who are queens and kings ,goddesses and gods in their own domains . 

Satanists of all kind, Luciferians,  Shaitanists, Demonolatrians, Devil worshippers, and so forth,  everyone who is related to the kingdom of darkness is my friend, therefore, I count my foes by millions, because the enemies of darkness are my enemies,  I WILL LIVE FREE FROM RELIGIOUS MENTAL SLAVERY OR I WILL DIE TOGETHER WITH MY FRIENDS OF DARKNESS WHO ARE FIGHTING TO BE FREE. 

Shaytanakbar666
Shaytanakbar666 Jul 4 '16
Illuminati Satanist
ManxLoaghtan Member
ManxLoaghtan Jul 7 '16
My own individual path at my own pace of development and understanding. Read as much as you can, question everything, cross examine all information to gain a better understanding of all by your own logic and gain wisdom amongst chaos.  
Pharaoh King
Pharaoh King Oct 13 '16
Self hatred brought me to study religious philosophy, years of study and practice, I found Luciferianism,since then it just sits right with me.
The Satanist
The Satanist Oct 15 '16
I am totally confused here?
The Satanist
The Satanist Oct 17 '16
I was reading some of the comments on here, and etc, was little confused with now and what they believe in. I am not being disrespectful, but it so interesting. 
The Satanist
The Satanist Oct 17 '16
What confuse me, oh, I did not say this on the last comment. Look at this way, who wants to become a God. Why would you want to be supernatural entity either from this plain of existence? Why can you just be yourself, a unique entity of yourself?

There is only one of you on this world. 

Just be you, and learn new experiences from others, and etc. Why have the burden of so-called God status, when you are a unique being like yourself, on this fragile planet.

The Satanist
The Satanist Oct 20 '16
Some of my magical workings, do not do the rituals or anything, now. Only some, I just have to think about it, and do the ritual within my head. Strange. The mind is a powerful tool. Fraterluciferi, interesting concept you have. Knowledge is power, which is a true. Good luck on your journey and path.
The Forum post is edited by The Satanist Oct 20 '16
Akmamten
Akmamten Oct 25 '16

Quote from D. Bush I am here to learn about Satanism, but I do not follow it.  I have read the Satanic Bible, The Satanic Witch, and the Necronomicon.  I have read about Wicca, the Left hand Path, and many older texts from the 1800's about Babylonian and Assyrian magic and religion.  I have also read some of Mr. Crowley's work and work about the Golden Dawn.  I profess only to be a Pagan and refuse to define that much more.
That reflects my own path pretty accurately , nice to meet you .
AllisontheCernu
AllisontheCernu Dec 10 '16
Theistic.
Pages: « 1 2 3 »
Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Like and Share

Donate - PayPal

This site is largely funded by donations. You can show your support by donating. Thanks. Every dollar helps. You need not a PayPal to donate either just a debit or credit card.

Satanic International Network was created by Zach Black in 2009 and is currently the most widely used social networking site for Satanists of its kind.
Zach Black-Social Media YouTube - satanicinternational & thesatanicnetwork FaceBook - SatanicInternational ( Zach Black) Instagram - satanicinternational