How do you get closer to Satan? ( Theistic Satanist Only ) | Forum

SorathTheDark
SorathTheDark Apr 13
For the longest time, my religion was based around a lie. Christianity was the main factor in my life until very recently when it was brought into my life. For the moment, due to personal reasons with my mental health, and with blockages and walls, my personal connection with Satan seems to be at a low. Can anybody try to give me advice on how to get past these blockages and get closer to Satan as a whole? I believe in him as a deity, not as a symbol. 
Share:
Dark Enlightenment
Depends, AK.  When you push your mind to borderline schizophrenia by rearranging the pathways in the frontal lobe, make sure you got your "demons" squared away. 

Because, unlike a bad trip, niacin wont make it go away...

** Also I feel marginalized by this topic being believers only... So an alternate answer would be: How about you go back to Jesus if you need to be close to a lord and savior."

I agree with acid though..

The Forum post is edited by Dark Enlightenment Apr 13
SorathTheDark
SorathTheDark Apr 13

To put in terms of what was meant up above, by " my religion was based upon a lie. " I meant Christianity, and by "It " I meant Satanism, sorry for not elaborating.

Dark Enlightenment
And it seems like you never "left it", because IMO theistic Satanism is not a valid expression if the form of the context provided.

I have heard it said it's all a matter of where you find solace. If you look up, beyond, and about for "connections to divinity" you have not been removed from a typical RHP vector of attainment. 

The Forum post is edited by Dark Enlightenment Apr 13
Don Luciferi
Don Luciferi Apr 26
The philosophy between theistic and atheistic Satanists is the same. Study and not worship. I can advice you LaVey's two books the satanic bible and the satanic rituals. It's a good place to start. 
thecoldtrutharthurs
Myself I don't see the point of being close to him paying your respect's or talking with him or following him with some kind of gain in mind is one thing but that might be what you mean.

Berardo Rodriguez Member
Be proud as He is, and you'll get His attention,  He will be the one that will do His best to be closer to you, He wants you to be as Satan as He is. Live a Satanic life, be yourself. 
AK Mod
AK May 6

Quote from Don Luciferi The philosophy between theistic and atheistic Satanists is the same. Study and not worship. 
The same can be said for Mishnah. Clearly emphasis on study is no reason to equate the philosophy of Talmudic Judaism with Atheistic Satanism, so why on earth would that commonality alone be sufficient to equate the philosophy of Theistic Satanism with that of Atheistic Satanism?
Don Luciferi
Don Luciferi May 15
I don't say that study and not worship is the only philosophy atheistic and theistic Satanists shares. 
AK Mod
AK May 15

Quote from Don Luciferi I I don't say that study and not worship is the only philosophy atheistic and theistic Satanists shares. 
Firstly, if we were to address everything you don't say in that statement, we'd be at this for years without ever actually saying anything. 

Secondly, you actually did say that when you said "the philosophy is the same", rather than "a philosophy they share in common". But even that is still highly debatable as there is absolutely no way outside of the realm of religious anthropology or mythology that one can study an entity that cannot be proven to exist. 

Theism of any sort requires faith: the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen (seen as-in provable). The necessary lack of doubt that faith demands precludes any serious or meaningful study into the heart of it; for better or worse. Atheism holds no such faith in things unseen, often for the sole purpose of facilitating study via the doubt that fosters inquiry. The two could not possibly be any further removed from one another - which is why the OP specified theistic Satanists only: to which I reply that in all seriousness, aside from indulging in heroic doses of LSD, to take a page right out of nearly every other religion's book and employ faith. Have more blind faith in Satan. That'll bring you closer to him in the same way and for the same reasons blind faith brings the flock closer to Jesus.

The Forum post is edited by AK May 15
Don Luciferi
Don Luciferi May 15
My point is that Satanism demands study and not worship and that message is both to atheistic and theistic Satanists. I don't talk about study entities. I talk about study reality.
The Forum post is edited by Don Luciferi May 15
AK Mod
AK May 15

Quote from Don Luciferi My point is that Satanism demands study and not worship and that message is both to atheistic and theistic Satanists. I don't talk about study entities. I talk about study reality.
The faith demanded of theism precludes study of reality. 

Basically without qualification you're just saying "Theistic Satanism demands study not worship" when it is evident that it can't allow for that due to the constraints of faith that theism necessitates. At some very pivotal point a belief in the literal existence of Satan demands faith rather than study. 

If I were to come in and state "Theistic Satanism demands human sacrifice" even if some people might actually agree with this, I am certain you'd expect me to qualify this bald assertion somehow especially when it is pretty plain to see that it doesn't. You are being held to this same standard. There is no amount study I can possibly do to convince me that Satan is a real objective entity. That belief would have to come from faith; and because faith precludes doubt, it precludes inquiry and therefor study. 

In my mind, theists aren't at all concerned with reality nor the study of it (or if they are, it is other tangential pursuits that demand it), as theists they are concerned with hiding from it.

Don Luciferi
Don Luciferi May 15
I'm not a theist myself but you can ask them yourself. http://theisticchurchofsatan.webs.com
AK Mod
AK May 15

"The act of distancing myself from what has become nothing more than a circus act of jealousy, fighting, "this is the only Satanism", "that's not real Satanism"

"We do not welcome Reverse Christians, LaVeyans, Atheists, or any mundane faith. We do welcome anyone that is under the umbrella of Satanism who knows and understands what real Satanism is"

I suspect I will need to begin huffing copious amounts of rubber cement again to arrive at this man's level of intelligence. 

Don Luciferi
Don Luciferi May 15
Did you read the website explaining what theistic Satanism means?
AK Mod
AK May 15

"All Theistic Satanists are Theists, they all believe in Satan and divine entities as physical entities that can and do interact with us quite a bit, both in and out of rituals, use a basic standard foundation that simply defines their beliefs as Theistic Satanism"

As opposed to Theistic Icharism which is something totally different. 

I had to read that part several times before it sunk-in. Being very high on glue and cough-syrup right now, I struggle with tautologies. I wish someone would create a web page explaining to me that all red cars are red. This is what the internet needs more of.

I also like how no right clicking is allowed. Since the uses of ctrl-c and ctrl-u also baffle the hell out of me, my efforts have been thwarted by this man's sinister brilliance. :( *edit... good lord, it's a she!

Best of all is the flaming cursor magick they have going. I honestly spent more time fiddling with that than with anything else they had to say.

^you're just screwing with me, aren't you?

Don Luciferi
Don Luciferi May 15
I don't focus on the words but on the context. I'm trying to understand the context in what she says.
AK Mod
AK May 15

Quote from Don Luciferi I don't focus on the words but on the context. I'm trying to understand the context in what she says.
You're going to need a lot more drugs if you plan on doing that, my friend.
Don Luciferi
Don Luciferi May 21
Don't judge a book by it's colour... He (yes I think he changed to she) claimed to have been born with a brain tumor...

AK Mod
AK May 21
I'm not. It's a terrible book with an even___ terrible-er cover. The brain tumor might explain it, but it sure doesn't excuse it.
Pages: 1 2 »
Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Donate

This site is largely funded by donations. You can show your support by donating. Thanks. Every dollar helps.

Like and Share