SIN to Do list | Forum

Pusher Mod
Pusher Apr 14
Everyone please use this to complain about shit that you think is broken or would like improvements on. I will start. 

1. The front page is to heavy. It loads slow. Likely the background images of goetia sigils that you can not see. 

2. Fix the email verification on sign up. Half the people are not getting them and how many just say fuck it? 

3. Re-write the policy to make it look like you are not continually adding shit as a after thought. 

4. Enforce the picture and video policy 

5. Do something with the Links! FFS Zach it has been dead at sea for a year. Have people submit links for approval and put them in there. 

Also fix the bug on firefox where you can not push the sign in button. Kinda critical Zach that and the emails . People cant sign in because of both those issues. 

6. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE ZACH 

Zach you are a absentee landlord. I bet a good amount of people come here and sign up to interact with you alone. Last time this place was bumping is when you were not either with that scank cunt loser ex-girlfriend of yours or caught up in this never ending legal bullshit with her. I aint telling you to drop it bro but if you can not bobble SIN and get your revenge at the same time forget her. Even if you win she will suck the life outta you .      Actually Zach, I have sometime and all those files of yours in that google drive.  I will deal with her you come back to SIN and get drunk. Do what you did before. But do it soon. SIN seems to be the only  network alive still.

The Forum post is edited by Pusher Apr 14
Share:
Anna
Anna Apr 14
I get a parse error when I comment under blogs. The comment appears only after I reload the page. It's strange but I'm not sure whether it's fault of the website or my rather old phone. But this is a minor problem. However, if some people indeed can't sign in using Firefox, then it seems to be buggy on that browser. As you said, some will rather say fuck it than download a new browser just for one website.
AK
AK Apr 14
Not many people are adventurous enough to eat at a restaurant that lists all the things that are a broken in its kitchen more prominently than its soup of the day.

Anyway, let's see:

1. The front page is to heavy. It loads slow. Likely the background images of goetia sigils that you can not see. 

Not really t's 6.5 - 8 megs of resources total - most of which get cached. For comparison Cracked.com is in the neighborhood of 12. It could be optimized, sure, but it's not excessive.

2. Fix the email verification on sign up. Half the people are not getting them and how many just say fuck it?  

You'll want to direct that to your hosting provider. It's either an issue with the Oxwall configuration or, more likely, their SMTP server. Meanwhile, email verification is not necessary for approval. Users can be approved without having to verify their email account. Conversely, their verifying their email does not automatically grant them approval. All that does is mark their email as verified, which is something a mod can do his or herself anyway.

3. Re-write the policy to make it look like you are not continually adding shit as a after thought. 

Yeah, that's probably a pretty good idea.

4. Enforce the picture and video policy 

There's lots of grey area in that. First tackle the policy. One thing worth considering is that the photos people upload to their personal albums get posted to the front page by default. A lot of this stuff, though not suitable for the front page, is totally fine for a personal album. Take Ed's tied-up titty pic, for example.

6. Also fix the bug on firefox where you can not push the sign in button

'Works for me. Double-check with whoever is complaining of the issue what their browser set-up is. Extensions, add-ons, etc. As for things that can be checked server side: maybe try editing the source for the page doing a find/replace "http:" with "https:" - that's probably the culprit. Potentially, anyway. Either way http is going bye-bye sooner or later.

As always: backup the original before making any changes.

7. Link to Discord goes nowhere. 

Just an FYI. The chat thing is above my pay-grade. *shrugs* 

The Forum post is edited by AK Apr 14
T.Volt
T.Volt Apr 14

The chat stopped working for me, says my browser is not compatible, and that's fine. I am not a fan of tinychat and it's lagging BS. I just figured it was some kind of add on I have in my browser, and I don't use Chrome anymore because no matter how many hundreds of troubleshoots I attempt, it keeps signing me out of EVERYTHING EVERY 5 MIN. Fuck chrome. Firefox it is, and I don't compromise my add-ons for shit like tinychat.

So if anyone wants to chat on video with me, we're going to have to take it to another service, which is fine.

I liked Ed's picture there, though the rope makes her boobs too 'balloony' for my taste.

Anyway, carry on.

Zach Black Owner
Zach Black Apr 14
Interesting thanks AK for the suggestions. Pusher, how did you get these facts and statistics? I ran a SEO / Error website audit of the site and this is what I came back with ... ( to be continued ) 

Zach Black Owner
Zach Black Apr 14
Tom are you on something weird like Safari ?  Never heard of a browser not working. Although if I go to any link other than the one in the navigation menu all my browsers drop me to a blank page . URL is correct but the page is blank. 
Quote from Tom Satanic

The chat stopped working for me, says my browser is not compatible, and that's fine. I am not a fan of tinychat and it's lagging BS. I just figured it was some kind of add on I have in my browser, and I don't use Chrome anymore because no matter how many hundreds of troubleshoots I attempt, it keeps signing me out of EVERYTHING EVERY 5 MIN. Fuck chrome. Firefox it is, and I don't compromise my add-ons for shit like tinychat.

So if anyone wants to chat on video with me, we're going to have to take it to another service, which is fine.

I liked Ed's picture there, though the rope makes her boobs too 'balloony' for my taste.

Anyway, carry on.

The Forum post is edited by Zach Black Apr 14
T.Volt
T.Volt Apr 15
No I'm using firefox, and the page takes me to a screen with a picture and message saying "Oooh... We're sorry, your browser isn't supported". I will test my addons and see if removing one will work, see what happens later this week. It's not a problem with you or the administration. It's tinychat itself.
Orgasmic Karmatic. Mod
I have had a rough time with anything other than Chrome with tinychat. Gotta say though, tinychat has a mind of it's own and it can and will use it from time to time.
Quote from Tom Satanic No I'm using firefox, and the page takes me to a screen with a picture and message saying "Oooh... We're sorry, your browser isn't supported". I will test my addons and see if removing one will work, see what happens later this week. It's not a problem with you or the administration. It's tinychat itself.

T.Volt
T.Volt Apr 19
Hey what do you know, browser change seemed to fix it.
Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Like and Share

Donate

This site is largely funded by donations. You can show your support by donating. Thanks. Every dollar helps.