Uno, Dos Locos Musica | Forum

Dark Enlightenment
A Slideshow video with original music to encapsulate my time here. Another thing to be ignored completely, posted off the page, or otherwise forgotten fairly quickly.  

A self deprecating acknowlegement sanity has long left my life. If I was more open to superstition it would angels instead of spies, but still completely gone.

And get checked out if you can follow this.

A previously posted song "mastered" displaying the height of my musical and artistic ability.  Made using "Music Studio 2" (available on iTunes and Google Play) and "Scoompa Video Maker".

Digital Instruments Used: percussion, jazz kit, world kit, music box, saz, grand piano, acoustic bass, juno lead pad, violin solo, violins legato, glockenspiel.

Tales of the Mentally Divergent - Uno, Dos Locos Musica

Alternate (extra harmony)

If only I didn't make it to where nobody gives a fuck. Should have done before I became a total asshole. As long as I view it that's enough.

The Forum post is edited by Dark Enlightenment Jun 9
Share:
Baphomets
Baphomets Jun 9
Honestly, it was pretty cool. Now excuse me for responding to your post.
Dark Enlightenment
You are the first to do so, and the glorification of my ego outweighs my need to give you shit. Respond to whatever the fuck you want. I have no goddamn authority over anyone, anywhere. 

The Forum post is edited by Dark Enlightenment Jun 9
Baphomets
Baphomets Jun 9
I wasn't crazy about the "waltz" version but it must be worth checking out the app. I bet it's great to fuck around on. Waltz in quotes because it was a bit too fast. Even for a fast waltz but it's all about creating a unique sound. 

Edit: I just went back to give them another listen and you've voided your previous posted versions - so scratch my comment on the waltz. Let's just say I was being sarcastic and blowing off steam.

The Forum post is edited by Baphomets Jun 10
Dark Enlightenment
To be fair the originals were working bullshit.  All done in less than 4 hours as an autodidactic tutorial to the software.

Only one version had any commercial appeal for having two overlayed hooks.  

All organic.  Much of it looped 8 measure tracks written without regard for how it should sound.  "It is in D minor" being about the extent of the planning for the first complete "song". 

The Forum post is edited by Dark Enlightenment Jun 10
Baphomets
Baphomets Jun 10
I write so much in minor keys that I have to make it a point to force myself to write in non-minor keys at times, so things don't get boring or repetitive. It's funny actually. My ear prefers the former.

Post more.

Dark Enlightenment
I cant do Major. Everything sounds like The Offspring.

I stick to Pentatonic, Blues, Minor, Romainian Minor, Phrygian, dischord (Kerry King solo - E, F, Am, A, C#, D) Preference for D and C# and A for pentatonic or blues.  Fuck E.

Baphomets
Baphomets Jun 10
C# for pentatonic naturally.  A for blues? Interesting. Not that there's anything wrong with it - just not most musician's first go-to. Ask anyone - I'd rather rip anything off of an f blues or Bb. This has to do with the issues of accidentals within the key and the fact that I play a Bb instrument. :) I'm sure with your program, you can write in one key, then easily transpose later to experiment with different sounds and modes. Cool!
Dark Enlightenment
I came from guitar.  Started with E tuning, decided Blues scales sound better from the 5th fret (A blues it was) Once I found C# tuning (like Dimebag) I could never go back.  1.5 steps down is the way to go on guitar.  On Piano I transpose the metal riffs to single notes or power chords using the minor 7th interval.
Baphomets
Baphomets Jun 10
It's a step and a half down for every relative minor key. 7th interval should be raised for a harmonic minor. Raised 6th and 7th for melodic minor ascending, then lowered back to their natural diatonic self descending. Blues scales are a bit different and follow a different pattern. I actually started on piano as a kid, so I relate everything to the keys except blues and jazz and that's because I play some mean ass jazz trombone. 
Baphomets
Baphomets Jun 10
Oh and music theory is my forte.

Edit: as far as the m7 interval, very common in rock. Made famous by Elvis Presley, just like the music video, and the gyrating of the hips and pelvis. ;)

Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Like and Share

Donate - PayPal

This site is largely funded by donations. You can show your support by donating. Thanks. Every dollar helps. You need not a PayPal to donate either just a debit or credit card.