So the Truth is... | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » Philosophy/Politics
Anna
Anna Jul 23 '19

"There are no facts, only interpretations."

Does an objective reality exist? Can we grasp it? Or are our opinions all we have?

Share:
Dark Enlightenment
Dark Enlightenment Jul 23 '19
Yup.

I tried this out. 

Does the world exist because I perceive it to, or is it a concrete thing only perceived as fake because it is filtered by the animal's sensory input? Where are the absolutes in our day to day?

So I put on a blindfold and started walking. I hit a tree branch and cut open my head. 

Alas, "trees are matter that exists in a solid state" was proven to be absolutely true".

The Forum post is edited by Dark Enlightenment Jul 23 '19
Anna
Anna Jul 23 '19

@T.Volt Well, you complained nobody talks to you. I posted it so that at least you can talk to yourself.

@DE Yeah sure. Yet I''m thinking about the events one didn't participate in or even if one did... can they be apprehended in an objective manner? Where is that line between bare facts and interpretations? I think we tend to distort things with our cognitive biases more than we are willing to admit.

Dark Enlightenment
Dark Enlightenment Jul 23 '19
Apprehension of truth lies solely on the things that stay exactly the same regardless of how you lens the situation. 

And there is really nothing deeper. 

Take for example an "active shooter". Regardless of how one remembers or envisions the situation when they think of it, the objective truth is: "Homicidal man opens fire on crowd of concert goers, witnesses describe scene of horror, evidence completes coherent picture."

Many subjective opinions put together paint the truth with the common denominators. 

All truth is empirical and cannot exist in the abstract. 

The objective truth of the bible is: it was largely compiled and completed during the reign of Constantine based on historic record and carbon dating of original documents. 

In the same objective way, the oldest Judeo-Christian text is, "The Book of Ruth". No matter what anyone says about it, it remains the oldest JC text on empirical record. 

Addendum

The objective truth of this thread is; A person or persons who post using an account named Anna Czereda originally posted a thread about solipsism at Satanic International Network. As far Anna goes, not even a picture of you posting as yourself could make your identity an objective truth until there is empirical evidence you are the person physically typing. 

The Forum post is edited by Dark Enlightenment Jul 23 '19
Tkwilliams Member
Tkwilliams Jul 24 '19
I think we can grasp the basic fundamentals.  In a simple form I can hold a rock and then you can hold a rock and we both agree pretty easy it's a rock.  Of course theres always that one guy that says no it's not, it a granite or whatever.  But let's be honest it's still a rock lol
Crowley56
Crowley56 Jan 7
There are a number of theories of what our reality is.  I believe will never be able to know.  Physicists claim reality is an illusion and just bits of information.  We have the classic Christian God, the Pagan Mother Nature, the Satanic version, the we're living in a Computer Simulation, we're part of an Alien Zoo to ?  However, in our physical world things do seem quite real. 
Tkwilliams Member
Zach Black Owner
Zach Black Jan 13
TKwilliams - Please use the link HTML when posting links if they are going to appear in the first few sentences. 
Tkwilliams Member
Tkwilliams Jan 14
No problem,  thanks for explaining it. 
Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Spread the Word. Help Us Grow

Share:

Donate - PayPal

This site is largely funded by donations. You can show your support by donating. Thanks. Every dollar helps. You need not a PayPal to donate either just a debit or credit card.

Satanic International Network was created by Zach Black in 2009.