Satanism and Politics | Forum

Anna
Anna Feb 7
I stumbled upon this essay that appeared on one of the blogs I follow:

Keep Politics out of Satanism

I found it quite interesting in the context of all the recent discussions about politics here and some controversies and hurt feelings over far right content.

The author criticizes the alignment of Satanism with both far right and left liberal ideology, using the examples of the Church of Satan and Satanic Temple. The point is that any attempt to politicise Satanism makes it look ridiculous and tame.

A true Satanist serves Satan; they shouldn’t try to tame the Dark Lord and have him spout their political dogma or make excuses for it. The only viable form of Satanism is the performance of atrocious deeds of unspeakable evil. Snarl at the moon, abuse yourself, spit blasphemous obscenities in the faces of believers and revel in your acts of unholy destruction (preferably all at once), but please keep your political beliefs for lunchtime conversations at work like a normal person.

Thoughts? 

The Forum post is edited by Anna Feb 7
Share:
Baphomets
Baphomets Feb 7
What satanism is, is a matter of opinion. It's a matter of perception unique to the individual. What satanism means to me is different than what satanism is to you. Just like satanism is completely different to my bible-thumping family members.  Perhaps, to some misinformed or misguided, satinist ideals have strong links to politics (yes, like the two named organizations.) Who's to say who's right and who's wrong? In the end, who gives a rat's ass? EVERYONE needs to quit being so fucking sensitive. What purpose does broadcasting one's beliefs truly have? It's rarely going to have an impact on ANYONE. Perhaps it might make someone butthurt, and who's to say that isn't satanic? Perhaps it is.
The Forum post is edited by Baphomets Feb 7
Devil Warship
I find the author's quote a bit ridiculous: " The only viable form of Satanism is the performance of atrocious deeds of unspeakable evil. Snarl at the moon, abuse yourself, spit blasphemous obscenities in the faces of believers and revel in your acts of unholy destruction (preferably all at once)"

It's mental illness. The very point of Satanism is the idea that within what the dominant religious paradigm finds abhorrent are the seeds of true humanity: intellect, pleasure, free will, comfort, rebellion, independence. 

The point of Satanism isn't to be an inhuman monster. Any idiot can be a monster. The more Fundamentalist ministers who are convicted of child abuse and molestation proves this. The Catholic priest who rapes a child over the course of many years is "perform(ing) atrocious deeds of unspeakable evil," ffs.  

But the Satanist, who is at peace with his appetites and proves himself superior to the Catholic priest by both indulging his appetites AND functioning as an independent, healthy, and happy human being is demonstrating the fallacy of Judaeo-Christian morality. 

If we define Satanism as the opposite of whatever Christianity is, we end up still defining ourselves according to Christianity. Instead of a healthy Satanism based on free will, we end up with neurosis.

The Christian teaches that a man who indulges his passions is no better than an animal. Satanism teaches that denying one's passions twists men into monsters. 

No society, no group, no family, and no individual whose existence is based upon "atrocious deeds of unspeakable evil" can survive. And if you purposely pursue a philosophy which is guaranteed to result in your own destruction and/or the destruction of those you care for, you are committing suicide. 

Any sincerely-held worldview will impact one's views on politics. Any serious discussion of what is valuable in life will touch on political issues. So I don't believe that we need to leave politics out of our Satanism. 

In my opinion, what Satanism needs is a robust discussion of what makes man most human, what nurtures and advances the unique spark of consciousness which humans alone seem to have at this point, and how best to take charge of our own lives and to live the lives we find most worth living. And this is what leads to one of my most firmly-held beliefs about Satanism: that Satanism must not demand obedience to any political orthodoxy. Satanism must be large enough to accommodate a wide range of beliefs. Otherwise, it becomes as irrelevant as the Moral Majority or as restrictive as Catholic orthodoxy. 

That's my two cents. Ymmv. Hail Satan. 

Anna
Anna Feb 8

But the Satanist, who is at peace with his appetites and proves himself superior to the Catholic priest by both indulging his appetites AND functioning as an independent, healthy, and happy human being is demonstrating the fallacy of Judaeo-Christian morality.

The Christian teaches that a man who indulges his passions is no better than an animal. Satanism teaches that denying one's passions twists men into monsters

What if a Satanist has an appetite for having sex with children? Suppose kids turn him on more than adults. Should he indulge his passions or deny them? 

The Forum post is edited by Anna Feb 8
Devil Warship

Quote from Anna

The Christian teaches that a man who indulges his passions is no better than an animal. Satanism teaches that denying one's passions twists men into monsters

What if a Satanist has an appetite for having sex with children? Suppose kids turn him on more than adults. Should he indulge his passions or deny them? 

It is up to the individual to satisfy their appetites or not, so long as they are willing to face the consequences. There are laws against pedophilic acts and I agree with those laws. In fact, I am of the opinion that non-offending Pedophiles require castration while offenders deserve death. 

My personal take is that pedophilic acts are exceptionally destructive and it would be my hope that he deny his passions. 

Dark Enlightenment
In my opinion, what Satanism needs is a robust discussion of what makes man most human, what nurtures and advances the unique spark of consciousness which humans alone seem to have at this point, and how best to take charge of our own lives and to live the lives we find most worth living. And this is what leads to one of my most firmly-held beliefs about Satanism: that Satanism must not demand obedience to any political orthodoxy. Satanism must be large enough to accommodate a wide range of beliefs. Otherwise, it becomes as irrelevant as the Moral Majority or as restrictive as Catholic orthodoxy.

Satanism is so goddamn transitive and situational I can't help but think how my core would manifest in cultures that are actually restrictive. How quickly lex talionis would get me killed.  That probably goes for the lot of us. 

The West is cauddled. America lags behind with faith-based nepotism, but we don't get stoned to death on anything but Twitter shaming in this culture. 

Politically, it's as situational as what triggers your core. I know of plenty of Texas right fiscally conservative Satanists too. And even those that view government/society as master/slave will still have political opinions that vary but will still influence decisions made per their core. 

But there is a single point of restriction on belief I do see. 

I'll quote Anton.

"Satanism Represents Vital Existence Not Spiritual Pipe Dreams".

If any of those 9 statements speaks directly to the core, it's this one.

And I have to say this trims many of the beliefs the spiritual try to incorporate into their Sitchin Alien Father Satan shit.  

While Satanism has no society baded restrictions I have to say if you truly "get" what Anton was saying you can safely toss out anything driven by abstraction. 

Vital existence is equivocal to phenomenal. Real. 5 senses shit. Non-spiritual. Not in the realm of faith.  The carnal visceral and that which can be directly experienced. 

Yet this seems to be the point most missed. Contrary to reprogramming it becomes an identity tag lifestyle/self-imagined rebellion that gets so stoned "looking at the window display they can't see there is an entire store behind it".

This should be part of the discussion. The complete lack of "groking it" by those wanting to expand the inclusive discussion.

It's hard not to mock Devils R Us types saying, "Satanism is my spiritual faith and belief provides me strength. Hail Satan Amen". 

The literary pure irony of contextual inversion begets increasing levels of apathy towards any progressive discussions to be had. 

*But you don't need to regard my opinion because I'm an apathetic troll. 

The Forum post is edited by Dark Enlightenment Feb 9
darkravenus666
satanism and politics dont mix imo
Satanist since more than a decade
Satan transcends political squabbles. 

The Satanic practitioner should only keep alignment with his own will. 
Politics is the dealings of others. 

They do not mix... unless you will to become a political despot. 

Devil Warship
Devil Warship Feb 16

Quote from Satan transcends political squabbles. 

I'd argue that it's quite Satanic to make use of politics to, as much as practicable, advance one's own interests. I make use of my local schoolboard to try to block out agendas which are contrary to my deeply-held beliefs. And I vote at the local level to advance my ability to provide a safe and materially comfortable life for my family. 

The farther we get from the local level, the less impact our individual votes have. Once we reach the national level, we see things like the DNC admitting in court that they do not have to enact the choices made by their voters. 

Satan does transcend political squabbles. But we do not. We are forced to live within the dystopia created by those "political squabbles." We can affect the political outcomes, though (at least to some minor degree). We saw this when Donald Trump was elected President against the will of what usually functions as an American monoparty. He slipped through their vetting processes. I'm sure they're working hard behind the scenes to ensure that never happens again, but (regardless of how you feel about Trump) he is a symbol of the ability of the people to cause change. 

I am of the opinion that maintaining a healthy democracy which supports the free exchange of ideas and the ability of at least some subset of individuals to live outside of the mainstream is absolutely crucial to freely living as a Satanist. Try living as a Satanist under some collectivist utopia like China with a Social Credit Score which requires that you think the "correct" thoughts and listen to the "correct" music, etc. 

It is only the freedoms which we have in America which allowed us to de-fang the Religious Right so that they are nothing more than token opposition these days. Just wait and see what happens, however, if we end up (through "tolerance") turning America into a nation in which Islamic fundamentalism has a very strong voice. The Satanic Panic will pale in comparison to what we will see home-grown jihadis willing to do in the name of fighting Shaitan. You think Rotting Christ will be able to play in Dearborn Michigan? That will be the least of our problems. 

It's quite un-Satanic to completely disengage and turn your neighborhood's culture and prosperity over to the ignorant, mouth-breathing herd of NPCs you see surrounding you everywhere.

Dark Enlightenment

Quote from
Quote from Satan transcends political squabbles. 

I'd argue that it's quite Satanic to make use of politics to, as much as practicable, advance one's own interests. I make use of my local schoolboard to try to block out agendas which are contrary to my deeply-held beliefs. And I vote at the local level to advance my ability to provide a safe and materially comfortable life for my family. 

The farther we get from the local level, the less impact our individual votes have. Once we reach the national level, we see things like the DNC admitting in court that they do not have to enact the choices made by their voters. 

Satan does transcend political squabbles. But we do not. We are forced to live within the dystopia created by those "political squabbles." We can affect the political outcomes, though (at least to some minor degree). We saw this when Donald Trump was elected President against the will of what usually functions as an American monoparty. He slipped through their vetting processes. I'm sure they're working hard behind the scenes to ensure that never happens again, but (regardless of how you feel about Trump) he is a symbol of the ability of the people to cause change. 

I am of the opinion that maintaining a healthy democracy which supports the free exchange of ideas and the ability of at least some subset of individuals to live outside of the mainstream is absolutely crucial to freely living as a Satanist. Try living as a Satanist under some collectivist utopia like China with a Social Credit Score which requires that you think the "correct" thoughts and listen to the "correct" music, etc. 

It is only the freedoms which we have in America which allowed us to de-fang the Religious Right so that they are nothing more than token opposition these days. Just wait and see what happens, however, if we end up (through "tolerance") turning America into a nation in which Islamic fundamentalism has a very strong voice. The Satanic Panic will pale in comparison to what we will see home-grown jihadis willing to do in the name of fighting Shaitan. You think Rotting Christ will be able to play in Dearborn Michigan? That will be the least of our problems. 

It's quite un-Satanic to completely disengage and turn your neighborhood's culture and prosperity over to the ignorant, mouth-breathing herd of NPCs you see surrounding you everywhere.

Different story had Trump actually won reelection. That became an unsavory prospect as soon as you put together over half of Trump's supporters believed he was the antidote to a communist liberal new world order. 

For that, I am not as concerned with Dearborn, MI as much as Evansville, IN for the "homegrown terrorists".  There was a serious attempted Christian reclamation thing happening. Crusades of the ultra-lite variety. 

And quite simply Trump slipped through because people were sick of rainbows and scared of The Illuminati. Call The Proud Boys and Oath Keepers that demographic. PBR and "Detroit" (Mexico and Canada) pick up trucks. All you have to do is read a little bit of these insurrectionists to stereotype then all as good ol' boy kin.  

Which was fine when they were rallying behind Charlton Heston's cold dead hands. That's been taking over by "Fake news" (The actual fake news of Infowars and The Late Art Bell).  All you needed was an appealing beltway outsider to play in Peoria. 

He accomplished that by mocking the transgender and assuming the caricature of Dwayne Alisando "Mountain Dew" Camancho.  

The Forum post is edited by Dark Enlightenment Feb 16
Devil Warship
Devil Warship Feb 17
You're living in a CNN reality tunnel, DE. Not necessarily, you know, a reality reality tunnel.
Dark Enlightenment
As opposed to a Fox News reality tunnel?

That's observation OF reality, IMO.

But please, cite examples in my previous post where I am in a reality tunnel. And it's Jeff Bezos' Washington Post, there is a minor difference. 

The Forum post is edited by Dark Enlightenment Feb 17
Feb 17
It is quite simple, as it read in the punk bar wall in unnamed German city: Everyone is a Nazi!
Dark Enlightenment
I'll still take the horrid futurist PC Gestapo over the 1950's throwback of mass xenophobia and communist conspiracy.

I can see that liberal hellscape now...

"For ze crime of not using ze gender neutral designation you vill now have to go to ze sensitivity workshop, and remain there for 2 hours under penalty of wearing a pin that says intolerant". 

Feb 17
I believe it is better to be an honest fascist, or anything else than a vocal hypocrite, even when it means that you are more honest to yourself and your true values, than a hypocrite is.
The Forum post is edited by Feb 17
Satanist since more than a decade
People think a tad too much in terms of "them" vs "us", which is what politics is about. 

A bit of ego-centrism tends to be healthy.
it offers perspective .

Dark Enlightenment

Quote from I believe it is better to be an honest fascist, or anything else than a vocal hypocrite, even when it means that you are more honest to yourself and your true values, than a hypocrite is.
Very few fascists on the right. Lots of Germanic values in the rust belt, but a misnomer nonetheless. Not even Rebel Johnny down in dixie qualifies. 

It's only fascist because of fascism's connotation with ethnic cleansing.  Which is like segregation. 1950's America was horribly Christian, racist, and patriarchal. 

All one needs is a 50's ad to see that. 

How would that go today?

A pale cracker telling his kitchen slave to not despair at the loss of the roast. 1950's Americana, and it's isolationist cold war policies were scapegoating master race bullshit. From Truman through Reagan it was part and parcel to American superiority. The era is default "fascist". Whether the correct term or not it has a close enough feel. And whether it was intended or not "Trumpism"  wanted recapture racist 1950's America. An allencompassing auto-fail of bigotry, at least to those further left. This makes the "Great" thing trying to be recaptured of a rasict, backwards, dark time to half the population not still shining statues of Ronald Reagan.  

While there is a ruling elite (an insider monoparty of sorts) the bicameral "urban vs. rural" voters elect them to their positions. And even if politicians are all laughing at the divided puppets it doesn't diminish that the puppets are divided. 

I contend it's a "cold holy war" at the loss of what is seen as traditional American values. Left vs. Right is ultimately 'Irreligious City Folk' vs. 'Rural Christian America'.  

Cornelius Coburn

That ad is fuckin' funny all by itself. A few decades later 'burnt' food actually became a thing although euphemistically referred as 'blackened'.

I don't see what the big deal is anyway, burnt roast, I'll take a good barbeque sauce to go with that.

Feb 18

I can't see any argument valid that claims mixing cultures just for the sake of mixing them is a good reason to ruin long lived traditions which unite a larger group of people in different ways. Instead I see havoc as a result. Yankees might be different since it is already a havoc. 

Racism and fascism is a survival mechanism for societies.

The WWII trauma is another topic.

Dark Enlightenment

Quote from

I can't see any argument valid that claims mixing cultures just for the sake of mixing them is a good reason to ruin long lived traditions which unite a larger group of people in different ways. Instead I see havoc as a result. Yankees might be different since it is already a havoc. 

Racism and fascism is a survival mechanism for societies.

The WWII trauma is another topic.

It works on the younger generations. Gen X and older are already fucked.

But those imprinted by Dora The Inclusive Explorer and politically correct children's television don't even recognize racial differences or see a value in people sticking to their beyondist own.

Now go back into the Sesame Street generation and "the thing not like the other still doesn't belong".  It gets more racist the further back towards WWII you go.

Et al. The culture of bigotry isn't instilled or valid once it's no longer taught.

And because I too am somewhat authoritarian I can't see a way to do that other than to teach (force) diversity as much as racism and fearing slight differences was taught before.

That's what it is at the end of the day. Using the same mechanism of herd mentality to reeducate everyone to feel distaste towards outspoken prejudice.

WWII trauma?

So genocide guilt? Based on the tone I gotta assume were talking about the tired holocaust/something about Zionism thing. 

Is that trauma like when a black person moves to Calabasas and everyone treats them like they are Condoleezza Rice just to prove how not racist they are? Feeling shame because your race hath been tarnished by cultural blanket psychological reparations to feel responsible for past burnt crosses?  

Not surprising white people that were imprinted by a diverse environment and MLK don't feel their race under attack. Seems there is an always environment of difference identification from an early age. 

And if it was all learned; then the only thing preventing diverse environments from working are the things taught by it. 

The Forum post is edited by Dark Enlightenment Feb 18
Pages: 1 2 3 »
Satanic International Network was created by Zach Black in 2009.
Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Spread the Word. Help Us Grow

Share:

Donate - PayPal

This site is largely funded by donations. You can show your support by donating. Thanks. Every dollar helps. You need not a PayPal to donate either just a debit or credit card.