Why I created SIN? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Discussion
Owner/Admin
Owner/Admin Apr 15 '15
I got on youtube in 2009. Started making videos. I mainly made videos about Satanism and related topics. My channel really took off. Probably because I do not act like a pretentious, arrogant know it all like many Satanists on youtube do. Also I am funny. I am not afraid to laugh at myself either. To date I have about 38k subscribers and 25 million video views. That is more than all the other Satanists on youtube making videos put together.

But, I saw the limitations of interaction on youtube. I wanted something more. Something more like facebook. But for Satanists and like minded folk. Yet not as lame.

So I started looking around. I found some forums. But, I wanted more of a social network. I wanted a networking hub for Satanists. A place where we can go to meet and exchange ideas. I found wall.fm a social networking site based on the user friendly oxwall software. I really did not want to pay for it not knowing if it would be successful. I agreed to be part of their test group to wave a monthly bill.

The first year was chaos. SIN took of very fast. I was unprepared for the beast of a Frankenstein I created. I had zero experience. And poor computer skills. Serious growing pains.

Most of the issues got ironed out by the second year. My networking skills improved and I had a team of moderators to help out.

Well by the third year a interesting problem sprouted up. It was gradual so easy to over look. A mob started to form. A handful of long time users started chasing and attacking other users. The policy was and still is if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. But, this mob took it to the extreme. If anyone of them started in on a user they all started in. Complaints started coming in at a higher than average manner. Like four times as high. It was to the point the mob ran SIN. The mob had a handful of cheerleaders who thought they were part of the mob, although the mob had no respect for them. I had to put my foot down and take back control of my network. I had to boot a admin for threatening users. Some in protest left. The ones who remained basically just trolled. I booted them. And the rested that complained about who I booted I said its my way or the highway, if you can't handle that then GTFO.

SIN got betrayed by a couple of admin and then hacked. We rebuilt. SIN now is better before and still remains the most active social network site/forum for Satanists. Thank you all for your participation.

Share:
Alexx
Alexx Apr 15 '15
glad to see it changed for the better since last time I was on here several years ago. I was one chased off by a bunch of users.. yikes! made me worried to come back but here I am again... in support of the main objective.
Owner/Admin
Owner/Admin Apr 16 '15
Glad you are back Alexx. Your statement I have heard dozens of times over.
The Forum post is edited by Owner/Admin Apr 16 '15
Vold3mortia
Vold3mortia Apr 16 '15

Thanks for sharing the story with us. I've been away for a while because I cannot be often on the social networking arena.

But I'm reading some real intensive stuff lately based on Luciferian Witchcraft.

Anna
Anna Apr 16 '15

Quote from SIN Well by the third year a interesting problem sprouted up. It was gradual so easy to over look. A mob started to form. A handful of long time users started chasing and attacking other users. The policy was and still is if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. But, this mob took it to the extreme. If anyone of them started in on a user they all started in. Complaints started coming in at a higher than average manner. Like four times as high. It was to the point the mob ran SIN. The mob had a handful of cheerleaders who thought they were part of the mob, although the mob had no respect for them. I had to put my foot down and take back control of my network. I had to boot a admin for threatening users. Some in protest left. The ones who remained basically just trolled. I booted them. And the rested that complained about who I booted I said its my way or the highway, if you can't handle that then GTFO. SIN got betrayed by a couple of admin and then hacked. We rebuilt. SIN now is better before and still remains the most active social network site/forum for Satanists.

And here we go again. I sometimes wonder what will live longer; me or this internet shit drama?
Owner/Admin
Owner/Admin Apr 17 '15

Quote from AnnaCzereda And here we go again. I sometimes wonder what will live longer; me or this internet shit drama?

Well Anna it is important to mention. It changed and gave SIN a facelift.
Owner/Admin
Owner/Admin Apr 17 '15

Quote from bc0203

Thanks for everything you do, Zach.  It's an important service to our community.

Thank you Bc. I agree. And even when the day comes and I am gone SIN shall remain. Jon Stidham will run it. And if for some reason he does not want to I have three others that will.
The Forum post is edited by Owner/Admin Apr 17 '15
... May 2 '15
SIN is great, even though I haven't been here for long, and it is much more truly Satanic than some of the others like Joy Of Satan which is just hate mongering.
Owner/Admin
Owner/Admin May 3 '15
Thanks all. I am glad to know that our hard work did not go to waste.
Anna
Anna May 3 '15
It didn't but the site is a bit slow, I mean not much activity here. It used to be more active from what I remember.
Owner/Admin
Owner/Admin May 3 '15

Quote from AnnaCzereda It didn't but the site is a bit slow, I mean not much activity here. It used to be more active from what I remember.
It has slowed down a little. But that is also deceiving. This newest version of oxwall Doesn't show all the posts in the forums like it use to. It will bump the previous post when a new one comes on the thread. So the front page is really not accurate count of posts. To get a accurate count you need to go into the forums.
Owner/Admin
Owner/Admin May 3 '15
See what I am saying .. This post just knocked of my previous one, yours and Reynolds of the front page..

Noting I can do about it.
Quote from AnnaCzereda It didn't but the site is a bit slow, I mean not much activity here. It used to be more active from what I remember.

In Nomine Dei Nostri Satanas 666
Satanic International Network (SIN) is awesome!!!! The only site or forum to communicate with Satanists. The world's number 1 social network site for Satanists. I was watching the video about SIN on youtube in 2010, and i was interested. I support SIN. All the best for SIN. HAIL SATAN!!!!
Owner/Admin
Owner/Admin Jul 2 '15

Quote from BlackFlame666 Satanic International Network (SIN) is awesome!!!! The only site or forum to communicate with Satanists. The world's number 1 social network site for Satanists. I was watching the video about SIN on youtube in 2010, and i was interested. I support SIN. All the best for SIN. HAIL SATAN!!!!
Thank you. And we appreciate your activity.
Anna
Anna Jul 5 '15

Quote from Chris I will state categorically SIN is nowhere near what it was even when I started.

And it's not even near what it was when I came back. I think the reason for this is the second exodus, this time of the users connected to the Satanic Temple. Nothing has been happening here since December. But it's the pain of some other Satanic forums too. LttD and MCoS forums are nearly defunct too.
Brazy Member
Brazy Jul 5 '15
From paganspace to joy of satan to the luciferian research society, nothing will ever compare to SIN. I've been involved with SIN since the beginning, from the membership milestones to the changes of the interface. It's been evolving and still is. I remember how full the tinychat room use to be, whether we were debating and sharing ideas or just opening up a six pack and talking shit to each other; it was always fun. It does seem a bit slow nowadays, but as members, I feel like we should contribute to this epic site, not just monetary contributions, but ideas to help it evolve even more. I know everyone has a life apart from SIN, (i'm just now getting things in order myself), but we need to be more involved. I go on facebook and i'm like blah... I come on here, and there is always a good read, a lesson to learn, a new person to meet, a debate to partake in and the list goes on. As far as the internet is concerned, SIN is home. And I wouldn't have it any other way. HAIL ALL. HAIL SATAN!!!
The Forum post is edited by Brazy Jul 5 '15
Jared Member
Jared Jul 7 '15
I'm very appreciative of what you've done here. I just need to spend more time here and less time in the Facebook group! I'm a FB addict anyway, and it grosses me out. I look forward to whatever may come of SIN's online presence!
Wolfie
Wolfie Jun 12 '21
Has there ever been a more "I, Satan" thread title than, "Why I created sin?" (Lower case deliberately used to get my point across.) I just love the thread title. Aside from that, I got nothin'.

beware
beware Jun 15 '21
the only problem with this place is that its lacking initiates and esoteric knowledge

you are all satinists in your mind, but to the real satanists... this is more cringe than just roleplay

Wolfie
Wolfie Jun 15 '21
beware, I especially enjoy being outed as a "satinist," which I presume is someone who derides and denigrates linen.

I do in fact do that, by the way. Fuck linen! Hail satin!

The Forum post is edited by Wolfie Jun 15 '21
Pages: 1 2 3 »
Satanic International Network was created by Zach Black in 2009.
Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Spread the Word. Help Us Grow

Share:

Donate - PayPal