What made you decide to become a satanist? | Forum

JasinElric
JasinElric Nov 9 '14
I found the biblical Devil in early childhood and identified with him very much.  Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot in scripture about him so I had to venture into the occult, eventually finding LaVey's book which widened my understanding significantly.  With the help of parental guidance I was pointed in the right direction for the knowledge I'd been seeking.  I came to realize I'd been Satanic since birth.  It was not a choice, nor a conversion.  Just a realization.
Troll Member
Troll Oct 19 '15
In the midst of the Satanic Panic while living with and loving Wiccans, i became aware of a slurry of accusations of satanism. I sought, out of compassion, to defend those who were accused, and used my knowledge of religious Satanism from Melton, Lyons, and others, including those associated with the church of LaVey and temple of Aquino, and wound up discovering that this wasn't the first rumour panic with the connection to the Devil, but had extensive roots into the Witch Craze and formal resemblances to the Red Scares. I had a blinding vision that Satan was Wild Nature and made a blood pact shortly afterward in the wilderness trading my assistance in defense against our enemies for the satiation of my every desire. That pact continues to this day.

-- Troll
Shawn
Shawn Oct 20 '15
^ maybe "get real" is too high of a standard.

So how do we play this game?

Ah ha!

In a dream, in which I was a special snowflake, baptised in the spirit of motherfucking evil and long winded wizdom (let's not forget lots of dark, dark and depraved meaningless buzzwords) -- no wait -- I was a DEMON snowflake! And I was horning (you know, like teething except with horns) so the top of my head was sore. I said "owwwiiie!!" and it echoed in the mystical primal sinister darkness ....

Owwiee!!

owwiee

(owwiee)

Then all of a sudden Satan, the father of coolness by association and pimp of witches cut on the light and I found myself just dry heaving in a toilet again! And the dark pimp said unto me: (me, not you losers, unless you take this seriously and give me some validity for I have none on my own!) Anyway, the black bastard horny devil said unto me : "Whut you doin in my house?"

And I left running happily to the sound of many celebratory gunshots! For Satan himself told me to become a Satanist!

And that's how it happened.

No, really. I'm being real about this shit. 

Heh ;)

The Forum post is edited by Shawn Oct 20 '15
littlewickedlady
littlewickedlady Oct 23 '15
In a nutshell... I grew up jehovah witness. The church shelters it followers so well  from the "worldly ways" that I felt alone without a religion to guide me. But felt betrayed by them, so going back was out of the question. I rebelled in my teenage years. I was so fascinated by biology. I wanted to go to college. Well, college was a big no-no in the church. Especially for a woman. That angered me internally.

By the time I was 20 I was on the fence between spiritual and atheist. I studied religion after religion trying to find a place to be. Of course this whole time I avoided the "satanic influence" at a sub-conscience level because I was still carrying around a lot of childhood brainwashing.

Eventually I ran out of religions. By 25 I had come to the conclusion church was a self imposed herd tactic. So I decided since I wanted a group to talk to I would embrace atheist.

One day while fooling around online I found a free pdf of the satanic bible. Gone was my fear of punishment from god, though my trained prejudice was still there. I distinctly remember thinking to myself, 'might as well give the opposition equal time.' So, I read the satanic bible. I went through my usual routine of study, research and questions. What a trip that was!

When it first hit me I was a satanist was when I read the list of satanic sins on the internet. As I read it I mentally thought to my self Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. Well, whadda ya know! Looks like I was a satanist all this time!... Cool!

I still have some wounds from my childhood brainwashing. Like feeling of worthlessness. Thinking "I'm incapable without someone else (husband/church)". Believe me. they're fast resolving. :)
Margaret Poole
Margaret Poole Jan 23 '16
I was a teenage witch (Wiccan specifically) who had some ideas that I noticed did not gel well within that path and I'd always been very curious as well as open to exploring the "dark side" so to me it was like the next logical step for my personal development.
AntonDahmer
AntonDahmer Mar 8 '17

Quote from blutausnord666 Hi guys, I know this question probably gets asked a lot, but how did you become a satanist?

For me, I started out being interested in satanism in a very cliche way. I was heavily into death metal and decided to look more into satanism. I was expected to find groups filled with devil worshipers and people who killed animals, etc. Quickly I discovered LaVey and it changed my perspective on things. While today I have my own views on satanism, (and many that differ from LaVey), I can say if it wasnt for him and TSB, I would have a very different view on satanism. After reading TSB and LaVeys other work, I realized I had been a satanist most my life without realizing it.

How did you become a satanist?
I was raised in the catholic church and went to a catholic private school for a while, however I was not successfully indoctrinated even at a early age. My god parents raised me and I remember certain members of my family were evangelicals and did not think that raising a child catholic was "appropriate". I remember saying something to the effect of " Christianity will fail and burn" when I was about 6, my reasoning was seeing how divided everybody was who basically worshipped the same lies and this was the beginning of my family understanding that I was different. I remember denying the holy spirit in front of family members around this time, which my church told me was the worst possible sin, and I drew paintings on my room walls with goats, pentagrams and inverted crosses. I was also somewhat sexually active around 2nd grade and for some reason didn't have a natural guilt about it, I started experimenting with drugs to explore my mind. After a while my family grew to understand that this was my personality and if they didn't accept it to not interact with me, I believe I was introduced to Anton LaVey through Marilyn Manson who I was also a big fan of. I bought the satanic bible when I was 12 years old and kept I hidden till I later researched it and came across Zach's YouTube channel at 13 years old. Another person who I listened to at a young age was tarl warwick who's channel is styxhexenhammer666.
quael
quael Mar 9 '17
However, FraterLuciferi, it could be argued that the myths that Hollywood got came from Abrahamic religions. :^)
RiderOnTheStorm Mod
RiderOnTheStorm Sep 4 '17
Nothing "made" me become a Satanist. I just resonated with it more than I ever had with anything else It was the one philosophy that didn't seem forced and came naturally to me. I embraced that it demands constant knowledge, study, and application. It is not simply a "one time deal" like Christianity where you get saved and you're good forever. I have lived as a Satanist and as a practitioner of many other paths trying to find my truth, but now that I know where I fit in, I can't imagine ever following any other path than Satanism.
Earl Chapter Head
Earl Sep 8 '17
I don't think that the question of "What made you decide to become a Satanist?" is correct at all.
I do not believe that someone can /decide/ to become a Satanist. I believe that you are either born and develop the ideas and philosophy of the Satanic lifestyle or you don't.

There is no "becoming a Satanist" there is only realising that you are a Satanist. The idea of what a "Satanist" is also comes up for a debate, there are many different forms of Satanism whether people agree with the various different forms of Satanism or not is irrelevant.

As far as I am concerned, you either have the mental state and philosophy of a Satanist or you don't. There is no "deciding to become a Satanist" there is only being a Satanist.

That is my two cense, take it as you will.

~Earl
PIGEON666/questforsweaters@gmail.com
Satanism, to me, wasn't about "becoming" anything. It was more of a coincidence that I stumbled upon a belief structure that happened to coincide verbatim with my own beliefs, only now I had a name for it. It's not as if there are Satanists knocking on doors. The differences, I think, are in our personal histories, and where we choose to take our path once we've established a connection with the Dark One.

To answer the question I'm certain you meant to ask, though, I discovered Satanism actually through research on Pizzagate theories. I heard a lot about "Satanic Rituals" during my trip down this particular rabbit hole, and I wanted to know more of what was really going on. I was surprised to find that so many people were incorrect in their assumption that whatever they thought was going on behind closed doors was not, in fact, of a Satanic nature at all, and was being tragically mislabeled. It was completely on accident that I made a connection with Satanism, although I can't deny that I already had occult as well as philosophical pursuits beforehand. I was just fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time. It was like a more eloquent version of myself had actually written the Satanic Bible and sent it to me from the future. I don't doubt that many others have felt the same.

TheMystic Support
TheMystic Sep 28 '17

I guess I am not a Satanist in the normal sense. But by the definitions by the Abrahamic religions, I am. So I damn sure will embrace it.

I feel that these plague slave religions of the impotent Christ God have done nothing but hold down mankind and kept us afraid of our own shadows. Christians forced most of Europe to convert or die by their sword.  I feel it is time for them to be fed swine.  Their Universalist teachings have even infected the pagan and Satanic world. Are there no standards anymore, or is everyone welcome to ruin what is powerful and offer nothing more than a circle jerk?

Equality can only exist between equals. Civilization implies division of labor, division of labor implies subordination and subordination implies injustice and inequality.

TheMystic

The Forum post is edited by TheMystic Sep 28 '17
Lanky
Lanky Oct 25 '17
Honestly, I stumbled across it reading up on items/achievements for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth and jumped down the rabbit hole from there.

As soon as I saw the Satanic rules/sins/etc., had little to no questions/arguments against them.
The Forum post is edited by Lanky Oct 25 '17
Lanky
Lanky Oct 26 '17

Quote from Zoramonkey
Quote from Lanky Honestly, I stumbled across it reading up on items/achievements for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth and jumped down the rabbit hole from there.

As soon as I saw the Satanic rules/sins/etc., had little to no questions/arguments against them.
And in the 80s they said that D&D and tabletop role-playing games were the doorway to Satanism. Muhuhuhaha, meanwhile Satan uses video games to really spread his influence. Binding of Issac is a cool game, almost as good as a promotional tool as those chik tracts that say we control Hollywood and the media and give everyone sex and drugs. You can't buy publicity like that. Lol.

Oh god, that's right. Those conspiracy theorists are also to blame/thank
Obscura TITS
Obscura Apr 7 '18
Satan is my greatest source of inspiration, no myth resonates with me like the fall of Satan and the gift of free will to humanity, and therein lies death, and therein lies the Lapis Exillis, our Godhood and Souls, and true being.  Ha Satan's lessons are the most heart-wrenching, humbling, yet empowering of all, and his compassion for humanity and the desire, to become more, to say "I am." outside the robotics of nature, to exert your will... I could go on for decades for how he is my role model, but honestly, his humanity.  And his utter alienness and absolute raw fucking inspiration.  I really do think we are heading towards a future like Childhood's End, and become our own gods with "demon" aids.
Dark Enlightenment
Dark Enlightenment Apr 7 '18
I have two choices.

1. I can let this slide and avoid any and all possible bait.

2. I can rail this Lucy-faerian shit into the ground where it belongs. 

And nothing personal, It's just one of those days..

So let's begin.

Quote from Obscura Satan is my greatest source of inspiration, no myth resonates with me like the fall of Satan and the gift of free will to humanity, and therein lies death, and therein lies the Lapis Exillis, our Godhood and Souls, and true being.  Ha Satan's lessons are the most heart-wrenching, humbling, yet empowering of all, and his compassion for humanity and the desire, to become more, to say "I am." outside the robotics of nature, to exert your will.

Why does this always sound you folk are talking about Jesus?

Quote from Obscura. I could go on for decades for how he is my role model, but honestly, his humanity.  And his utter alienness and absolute raw fucking inspiration.  I really do think we are heading towards a future like Childhood's End, and become our own gods with "demon" aids.

Again with fucking humanity? Wasnt he fucking pissed at god over "humanity"?  Being favored and all. Wasn't it some internal button that hypocrisy pushes causing defiant behavior? Its use ends at defining a selfish behavior.

So when you allude you're "your own god with demon aids", what you're really saying is "you're bound by a judeo-christian memoplex and rely primarily on said nomian myth as an inspiration that couldn't be less autodeified if it tried." 

Once more, nothing personal, I just want to burn this "Lucy-fur is my lord and savior" shit right into oblivion. This post was collateral damage to that effort. 

Carry on... and I should edit beforehand when I do these.

The Forum post is edited by Dark Enlightenment Apr 8 '18
Scarlett
Scarlett Apr 8 '18
I've always been the kind of girl that loves love in all ways, and I grew up being labelled a slut or a whore all my life. My Christian family, friends, and school all told me how my lust was a sin, my pride, my greed, my covetousness. I knew I wasn't hurting anyone (unless they wanted me to), and that all I was doing was spreading love in the world. I saw how these high and mighty religious figures in my life preached being humble and pious, but became a preacher just to hear themselves talk and indulge in their own fantasies of righteousness. Even better, that "spreading of love" of mine could get me anything I wanted! I read The Satanic Witch when I was 15 and never turned back. 
Chiron
Chiron Apr 9 '18
I'm primarily an astrologer, I'm really here doing research for a book, but I sympathize with atheistic satanists.  
Dark Enlightenment
Dark Enlightenment Apr 9 '18
Im going to derail this otherwise profound thread...
Quote from ChironI'm primarily an astrologer, I'm really here doing research for a book, but I sympathize with atheistic satanists.  
I have questions I have always wanted to pose to an astrologer.

Why does something so subjectively flawed still seem to have an effect? 

Do you think it has more to do with the allignment of planets vs. constellations (what is where when you are born) *or* that man divided the sky in 12 sections and said these people act a certain way because that is the traits they observed? 

[Removed Retarded statement]

* A lunar cycle is 29.5 days (27.3 sidereal), I fucked up and thought 28 days.  But I'm sticking with traits should follow the lunar calander instead of the solar.  And change every full moon. Making no two birthdays guarenteed theyll be the same sign. It would be just as accurate, which is my inference. 

*Upon actually reading something  I have learned the word im looking is Metonic cycle. Which is 19 years. And apparently thats also a jew calander. 

[Additional retarded statement removed]

[And another]

And then there is the matter of axil procession.

Live Science: Over the past two-and-a-half millennia, this wobble has caused the intersection point between the celestial equator and the ecliptic to move west along the ecliptic by 36 degrees, or almost exactly one-tenth of the way around, to the border of Pisces and Aquarius. This means that the signs have slipped one-tenth — or almost one whole month — of the way around the sky to the west, relative to the stars beyond.

To take it a different way: I hear things like rising signs and conjunctions. And it seems so incredibly irrelevant to developed animal behavior.  It seems like the repeating orbital resonanances coincidicing with only 12 possible placements is an aberration of something more likely to be seasonal.  Especially considering it was developed in an area MORE prone to seasonal behavior changes because there is significantly less temperature change throughout the year. Decreasing vs. increasing sunlight may play a greater role in personality developement.

Plus winter signs seem to be the most neurotic...

* Edit reason: Stoned comments are not necessarily good comments.

The Forum post is edited by Dark Enlightenment Apr 9 '18
FerrousLucius
FerrousLucius Apr 9 '18
Long story short, an angsty teenager read a book by a Friendly fellow named LaVey. Liked his analysis of things.  Always had it in the back of his mind.

Fast forward 10 years later and the only guiding principles still central to the way I lived was Satanism. Not only LaVeys, but even a more general Adversarial approach to myself and everything. Such as routinely opposing views I deeply held and trying to tear them down. As well as arguing for in the best way that made sense, concepts I absolutely loathe with the deepest part of my being.

This all kinda reinforced with other LHP traditions.  

TLDR version. Satanism stuck. I finally admitted it. Started openly and with full conviction unironically proclaiming it (without shame.) 

Ikey_Mike
Ikey_Mike Apr 13 '18
Satanism was introduced to me by my big brother. it has been a profound experience since it happened to me. I've been able to find my true identity and love myself. denying god is and accepting Satan is an electrifying feeling that I embody in everyday life. I only associate with educated Satanic people and I hope to meet more.
Pages: « 1 2 3 »
Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Like and Share

Donate - PayPal

This site is largely funded by donations. You can show your support by donating. Thanks. Every dollar helps. You need not a PayPal to donate either just a debit or credit card.

Satanic International Network was created by Zach Black in 2009 and is currently the most widely used social networking site for Satanists of its kind.
Zach Black-Social Media YouTube - satanicinternational & thesatanicnetwork FaceBook - SatanicInternational ( Zach Black) Instagram - satanicinternational