Do occult rituals Work? | Forum

orange_juice
orange_juice Jun 28 '17
Hi all,

I have personally never encountered anything paranormal or inexplicable in my entire life. I've never seen or experienced anything strange and I don't know what to believe right now. I'm thinking the world can't be as simple as people say it is. There is plenty that can't be explained. Things we can't explain might be real. Maybe magic is just the word for what is not yet covered entirely by science, but is still very real? I've heard electricity was at first considered magical, dark and "satanic". Philosophically thinking: there could be something out there.

I'm open to the idea of magic being real. Occultism is clearly a place where very smart people go do dispense information. Not religion, not TV etc. I'm just skeptical right now. What they say it sounds quite crazy though for me as I've never experienced any of these crazy things.

However, I'm completely not open to any of the beliefs of right-hand path religions like Christianity, Judaism and Islam. They are obviously all wrong. They are obviously manifestations of subconscious human ideals and archetypes.

Anyway, I've been reading Uncle Setnakt' s Essential Guide to the Left Hand Path. I'm enjoying it and finding it very interesting. However, I can't really tell if the rituals are just symbolic or more literal and theistic maybe. 

I'm thinking of giving this stuff a try. If rituals work, I want to use them.

What are your experiences with occult magic? results? problems?  Did they affect the outside world or just your mindset/psychology? Do you believe rituals harness mysterious forces or that they just affect your mind? Do you know if the writer of this book is talking about symbolic or theistic rituals? Is there a mysterious force not yet fully understood? DO THEY WORK?

Thank you.

Share:
orange_juice
orange_juice Jun 28 '17
ALSO. have you noticed how in "lords of the left hand path" and this book, both by stephen e flowers im quite sure....

they are tonnes of letters swapped around and made retarded on purpose. Maybe it's a secret message? Lol. Kinda joking but interesting.

orange_juice
orange_juice Jun 28 '17
Thanks, interesting reply.
Zoramonkey Member
Zoramonkey Jul 4 '17
What is the difference between a cult and a religion? Numbers.
orange_juice
orange_juice Jul 5 '17
And while it's not really part of the definition, you can expect a cult to be more radical or extreme.
Zoramonkey Member
Zoramonkey Jul 8 '17

Quote from orange_juice And while it's not really part of the definition, you can expect a cult to be more radical or extreme.
Yea most people think that but larger religions are held under far less scrutiny than big ones. Terrorism, end times prophecies that instigate violence and panic, child molestation, extorting money from the sick, the desperate and the old, exploiting members for cheap labor just to name a few things that seem to be excused from evaluations of who is and is not extreme.

By popular definition organizations that have no criminal activity, no radical political affiliations or agendas, a minimum age that requires at least voting age, and encourage members with medical problems to consult educated professionals often get labeled as cults.

This is all made worse that the word cult phonetically resembles the word occult though the two words have different roots and are often confused by both the uneducated and the authorities.

As far as the main question, there are several beliefs and mindsets as far as to if the effects of ritual are purely psychological or something more. I would say that they seem to have a genuine effect but the reason for that effect and its mechanics are a subject of debate.

There will be a discussion on the live chat on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning on ritual. I am trying to get several experienced LHP people to show up and you are welcome to attend.

My own perspective will be from a Thelemic/Theistic perspective but hopefully it will not be the only one.

Zoramonkey Member
Zoramonkey Jul 15 '17

Quote from Nathan the Prophet Everything can be explained! Why limit yourself?

Everything can be explained, getting the correct explanation is another matter entirely. 

Mauricio Gonzalez II
The Occult is like A "tool" or "weapon" that needs an "arm/hand" to wield it & an "operator". The "arm/hand" is the psychic energy from the "operator", it is A power source from with-in & it's nature is influenced by the *will* (or belief) of the "operator".

Like any tool or weapon, the Occult can be used for any constructive or destructive & is some thing that any one could do if they read up enough about it. I know from personal experience that spells & rituals do work, but how they work depends on certain factors for certain things. If it is some thing focused on you, then it should be A little more easier...if it is focused on some one other than your self, it is different. Here is an example: To effectively do A hex or curse on some one after getting the things that are needed, your *will* & energy must be stronger than the intended target or else  resist it or get A weaker version of the hex or curse.

Some times group ritual & spell-work is better as there is more energy, more power from A source (that which is the group). I had twice, at separate occasions brought back two birds from the *brink of death by using the power of an Amethyst crystal & had A group of children partake in it.

Other times, the right proper emotion is needed in order to have A desired result. I one time did A curse/hex on A priest (& possibly other people) that were total asses, I don't know what happened to my old enemies...but I do know that the old guy got bludgeoned to death in his own confectorium!, serves him right for threatening police action if I don't uncover "my shame". I also did A highly destructive curse/hex on *A Certain Bridge* not long ago in an attempt to "sway the voters" when it came to local politics of that particular country. I also one time read A blog of some Witch who said she caused the B.P. Oil Spill for the purpose of creating "bigger environmental awareness".

I my self seem to be natural when it comes to destruction, even though I do know about healing energy (but not very much). Am I an *Expert* or *Master*?, no...what I did (when it comes to the two curses/hexes I did) was pretty "make-shift" & actually got surprised when it actually took effect. I am pretty sure that others who are on A higher level than me have some exceptionally potent stuff & more organized, versus A solitary practitioner who had just went passed *Novice*. 

The point being...research, study, exercise, meditate, focus & experiment. I'd start with some small stuff first, like Love/Lust or Good Health/Vitality or Great Wealth. Have Fun!

666 Ave Santanas!,

-MG2 [s.s.s.] >:).

Satanachia
Satanachia Aug 2 '17
I've had a lot of success with magick, especially revenge magick. I've also had a lot of success with money magick. Whenever I draw up a certain sigil, unexpected cash and wealth come to me. I fucking love chaos magick.
The Forum post is edited by Satanachia Aug 2 '17
Zoramonkey Member
Zoramonkey Aug 2 '17

Quote from Satanachia I've had a lot of success with magick, especially revenge magick. I've also had a lot of success with money magick. Whenever I draw up a certain sigil, unexpected cash and wealth come to me. I fucking love chaos magick.
I think it is funny how many folks malign chaos magick in both the LHP and Thelemic communities, at least that is better than most Pagans and RHP folks who do not even know what the term chaos magick means. They accuse chaotes of being undisciplined. Obviously they are not familiar with things like the IOT curriculum (I.E. do magick so often and so hard that you break then get up and do some more.) Chaos magick just cuts through a lot of the comfortable bullshit and fluff that most people in the occult cling to like a child who refuses to stop sucking their thumb. 
orange_juice
orange_juice Aug 8 '17
"Opening. With some whistling, say the word "Eeee" nine times."

-page 52 of the book, detailing a certain ritual.  haha is this for real. funny, though i'd share this.

Zoramonkey Member
Zoramonkey Aug 14 '17

Quote from orange_juice "Opening. With some whistling, say the word "Eeee" nine times."

-page 52 of the book, detailing a certain ritual.  haha is this for real. funny, though i'd share this.

As strange as that seems it is similar to the Gnostic intoning of vowels or Hindu bij mantras. Most of our perceptions concerning ritual come from funerals and weddings, which can be horribly boring and serious. Ritual does not have to be.
The Forum post is edited by Zoramonkey Aug 15 '17
orange_juice
orange_juice Aug 14 '17
very true interesting
Don Luciferi
Don Luciferi Aug 15 '17
Quote from Zoramonkey What is the difference between a cult and a religion? Numbers.

A cult is a religious group who worship a god or gods. 
Don Luciferi
Don Luciferi Aug 15 '17
My experience tells me that the practice of magick only works if there is a real desire to change. There is no "exercise rituals". When the magician enters the changed state of consciousness then rationality and logic is removed and the energy of the deep desire is released.
Zoramonkey Member
Zoramonkey Aug 15 '17

Quote from Frater Luciferi My experience tells me that the practice of magick only works if there is a real desire to change. There is no "exercise rituals". When the magician enters the changed state of consciousness then rationality and logic is removed and the energy of the deep desire is released.

I respect your opinion but there are in fact some very effective exercise rituals like the Mass of the Phoenix, the Middle Pillar, and such. To ignore mundane life for the drastic is to follow the soldier, I prefer the hunchback.
Don Luciferi
Don Luciferi Aug 16 '17
Quote from Zoramonkey 
I respect your opinion but there are in fact some very effective exercise rituals like the Mass of the Phoenix, the Middle Pillar, and such. To ignore mundane life for the drastic is to follow the soldier, I prefer the hunchback.

The middle pillar ritual works more as a form of meditation in my experience. I talk about releasing energy to specific purpose.
The Forum post is edited by Don Luciferi Aug 16 '17
Zoramonkey Member
Zoramonkey Aug 16 '17

Quote from Frater Luciferi
Quote from Zoramonkey 

The middle pillar ritual works more as a form of meditation in my experience. I talk about releasing energy to specific purpose.
Meditation does have a specific purpose if you are doing it right.
Don Luciferi
Don Luciferi Aug 16 '17
You may be right indeed. I'm not so experienced with meditative practices because I prefer the use of symbolic acts to enter the magical trance.
Zoramonkey Member
Zoramonkey Aug 16 '17

Quote from Frater Luciferi My experience tells me that the practice of magick only works if there is a real desire to change. There is no "exercise rituals". When the magician enters the changed state of consciousness then rationality and logic is removed and the energy of the deep desire is released.
I would point out what Lavey said with the phonebook analogy. The only way to become familiar with the energies and entities involved is to interact with them as often as possible, thus rituals like the Mass of the Phoenix, Resh, Middle Pillar, rune asanas, Yantra, I could go on for pages but the point is that almost all forms of the LHP indeed have "exercise rituals" The point that you do not do them is simply a descriptive assertion based on your own practice and not the position of most of the LHP.
The Forum post is edited by Zoramonkey Aug 16 '17
Pages: 1 2 »
Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Like and Share

Donate - PayPal

This site is largely funded by donations. You can show your support by donating. Thanks. Every dollar helps. You need not a PayPal to donate either just a debit or credit card.