The Satanic Temple are not Satanists | Forum

MatthewJ1
MatthewJ1 May 1

Tom Riddle: LHP is the sinister path to apotheosis and has basically nothing to do with Satanism. Being a Satanist does not necessary mean that you are on the path but it can be used as a wheel on the path. 

LaVey TSB – Page 28:

‘The Satanic religion has not merely lifted the coin - it has flipped it completely over. Therefore, why should it support the very principles to which it is completely opposed by calling itself anything other than a name which is totally in keeping with the reversed doctrines which make up the Satanic philosophy? Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path.’

LaVey TSB – Page 78

‘At least one black candle is placed to the left of the altar, representing the Powers of Darkness and the left-hand path.’

LaVey TSB – Page 86

‘Strengthen with fire the marrow of our friend and companion, our comrade of the Left-Hand Path.’

Tom, I find your “arguments” to be rather intellectually dishonest. It is a well known fact that Satanism is essentially LHP.   

The Forum post is edited by MatthewJ1 May 1
Tom Riddle
Tom Riddle May 1
Quote from Aborior Translatione 

So, I'm not a Satanist cuz I can't play pretend for my personal development? 

No, you declare that you are not a Satanist because you see ritual and ceremony as pointless, meaningless and stupid. The symbol of Satan is 
utilized for ritual and ceremony. It has no meaning outside beside being a tool to troll people which is childish. 
The Forum post is edited by Tom Riddle May 1
Tom Riddle
Tom Riddle May 1
Quote from MatthewJ1

LaVey TSB – Page 28:

‘The Satanic religion has not merely lifted the coin - it has flipped it completely over. Therefore, why should it support the very principles to which it is completely opposed by calling itself anything other than a name which is totally in keeping with the reversed doctrines which make up the Satanic philosophy? Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path.’

LaVey TSB – Page 78

‘At least one black candle is placed to the left of the altar, representing the Powers of Darkness and the left-hand path.’

LaVey TSB – Page 86

‘Strengthen with fire the marrow of our friend and companion, our comrade of the Left-Hand Path.’

Tom, I find your “arguments” to be rather intellectually dishonest. It is a well known fact that Satanism is essentially LHP.   

Is it LHP just to participate in ceremony during the satanic holidays? Some Satanists do not perform ritual and ceremony at all unless they can find a group. Are these on the path? What does the LHP means to you?
Aborior Translatione

Quote from Tom Riddle
Quote from Aborior Translatione 

So, I'm not a Satanist cuz I can't play pretend for my personal development? 

No, you declare that you are not a Satanist because you see ritual and ceremony as pointless, meaningless and stupid. The symbol of Satan is 
utilized for ritual and ceremony. It has no meaning outside beside being a tool to troll people which is childish. 
Second best comment! XD

So my failure to embrace it like an orthodox religion of rituals and practices disqualifies me? 

So as the mundane religion of symbols, set rituals, and practices it's satanic, but when you go and only use Satan to transgress the status quo it isnt? 

Are you actually arguing that, Tommy? 

I know you are deaf, dumb, and blind, but can you at least play pinball?

The Forum post is edited by Aborior Translatione May 1
MatthewJ1
MatthewJ1 May 1

Tom Riddle: Is it LHP just to participate in ceremony during the satanic holidays? Some Satanists do not perform ritual and ceremony at all unless they can find a group. Are these on the path? What does the LHP means to you?

I’m not particularly interested in discussing rituals/ceremonies, and satanic holidays with you.

This is the fundamental point: you have constantly held up The Satanic Bible as the core book defining legitimate Satanism as opposed to something else. However, it appears that you have misunderstood the most basic claim made in that book – that Satan is the personification of the left hand path, and hence, as a consequence, that Satanism is essentially a left hand path religion/philosophy/praxis.

There is no point insisting that people, who join this forum, for instance, should be expected to read TSB and understand TSB, if you yourself haven’t understood it.

Wow – that is a fundamental misunderstanding on your part. All of Anton LaVey’s claims in TSB ultimately rely on a LHP viewpoint and praxis.

Aborior Translatione

My translation of the above (How I interpret this):

It focuses on the real. The apprehension of Satanism is embracing life for the visceral. The phenomenal. Fucking. Feasting. Fulfillment without the dogmas or commands to amass in a ritual chamber. 

But most importantly Satanism as LHP is the opposition of the way "they" live. The herd. They focus on church, and prayer, and connection to characters like Jesus. They derive their attainment from this superstitious connection. They strive to live in abstract images of morality and society. Following rather than opposing under such dogmatic practices and codes. They use fear and coercion to keep it most important. Keep THEIR faith most important.

LHP attainment uses Satan Ironically as a purposeful antagonist and satire of orthodox practices first and foremost. Which is why and how it personifies the Left Hand Path. 

The Forum post is edited by Aborior Translatione May 1
Tom Riddle
Tom Riddle May 1
Quote from MatthewJ1

that Satan is the personification of the left hand path, and hence, as a consequence, that Satanism is essentially a left hand path religion/philosophy/praxis.

Yes but what do LaVey actually mean with it? I see the LHP as a path you walk with a destination.

Quote from MatthewJ1

There is no point insisting that people, who join this forum, for instance, should be expected to read TSB and understand TSB, if you yourself haven’t understood it.

I consider it to be important that people have read TSB to join this forum or else we don't speak the same language. This is why it caused a lot of problems in satanic Facebook groups when Satanists encountered TST people who did not even have read TSB and stated things like "so you are just like Christians?" In my analysis of TSB then I'm more focused on the second half part because the first half part lacks some explanations into details. What does it mean that Satan is a personification of the LHP? Why do LaVey not go into more details on the religious holidays in book of Lucifer? Pointing out some specific theme, psychodramas or ceremony related to the holidays? What is the actual point with Book of Satan?

Aborior Translatione

Quote from Tom Riddle
I In my analysis of TSB then I'm more focused on the second half part because the first half part lacks some explanations into details. What does it mean that Satan is a personification of the LHP? Why do LaVey not go into more details on the religious holidays in book of Lucifer? Pointing out some specific theme, psychodramas or ceremony related to the holidays? What is the actual point with Book of Satan?

Yes, that's because it's a deliberate satire you have missed. He added it as a partial joke after Avon told him the book was too short. Hence calling it "intellectual decompression". 

In the original version the first two books is all he initially submitted. He later added a bunch of silly group activities and psychodrama rituals to fill space knowing full well THE IRONY of adding it. You know that right? 

You can't catch that when he added "enochian keys"? John Dees stupid debunked language? Satanists like fucking with people for their own and the people who catch it's amusement. It's a thing. 

That you want Satanism to be the second part shows you are spiritually, religiously, and dogmatically wired. 

How Satan personifies the LHP in Christian Society:

It's the antagonist and that which seeks to pervert moral virtue, law, and blind faith.  It has kept the church in business hasn't it? Satan's use as part of LHP attainment is capitalizing on Satan's "aura" to contest and transgress the taboos and morals or normative culture.  It need not be an actual belief.  Where god says let it go, Satan says get revenge. Where god says it is a moral, Satan says it's an idea of a man. Along those lines. 

Its what we have spent two months trying to fucking tell you..

And now you're asking him like it's going to make you get that.

The Forum post is edited by Aborior Translatione May 2
MatthewJ1
MatthewJ1 May 2

Tom Riddle: What is the actual point with Book of Satan?

What I recommend: stop focusing so much on ritual greater magic and getting together on satanic holidays and celebrations. These sorts of practices and get togethers only occupy a fraction of a sincere Satanists time. Many sincere Satanists wouldn’t do this sort of stuff anyway.

‘The Book of Satan’ was more or less re-quoted from a book called ‘Might is Right’ by Ragnar Redbeard

http://maistre.uni.cx:70/Texts/Reaction%20%281%29/Redbeard%2C%20Ragnar/Might%20Is%20Right.pdf

If you really want to understand LaVey then you have to carefully study ‘The Book of Satan.’ I mean why wouldn’t you focus a lot of attention on this part of TSB – it is ‘The Book of Satan’ in ‘The Satanic Bible.’

This part of TSB is not a mere polemic or just a statement of heresy or a parody – the content of that part of TSB implies a whole LHP worldview, it implies an entire satanic ontology.

And keep this in mind I’m not going to explain this stuff to you, because a genuine Satanist, who recognizes him/herself as a genuine Satanist, already knows this stuff.

The Book of Satan is by far the most important part of TSB.

Tom Riddle
Tom Riddle May 2
Quote from MatthewJ1

Tom Riddle: What is the actual point with Book of Satan?

What I recommend: stop focusing so much on ritual greater magic and getting together on satanic holidays and celebrations. These sorts of practices and get togethers only occupy a fraction of a sincere Satanists time. Many sincere Satanists wouldn’t do this sort of stuff anyway.

‘The Book of Satan’ was more or less re-quoted from a book called ‘Might is Right’ by Ragnar Redbeard

http://maistre.uni.cx:70/Texts/Reaction%20%281%29/Redbeard%2C%20Ragnar/Might%20Is%20Right.pdf

If you really want to understand LaVey then you have to carefully study ‘The Book of Satan.’ I mean why wouldn’t you focus a lot of attention on this part of TSB – it is ‘The Book of Satan’ in ‘The Satanic Bible.’

This part of TSB is not a mere polemic or just a statement of heresy or a parody – the content of that part of TSB implies a whole LHP worldview, it implies an entire satanic ontology.

And keep this in mind I’m not going to explain this stuff to you, because a genuine Satanist, who recognizes him/herself as a genuine Satanist, already knows this stuff.

The transgression played a huge rule in that period of time and there was a project of liberty. CoS was established in US one of the most Christian religious countries in the world. 

ALL founders of religions have been transgressive and showmen. You need to do something extreme to get society's attention but the eccentric people (later known as Satanists) LaVey draw to him was people he could present more serious ideas to. Remember TSB first came 3 years later after the CoS was created.This is also why I pay more attention to the second half of TSB because the first is a bit outdated IMHO. The 3 type of rituals has also been into my criticism based on what I understand as outdated psychology but the intellectual decompression chamber is here to stay and I find it far more relevant now than it perhaps was in LaVey's time. Look at the people in this forum how much they have reacted to me pointing it out. I think truly that if I manage to dare to expose my satanic identify and do the same as LaVey did in my home country it would be very transgressive. Instead of Christianity, a satanic church with the nude woman on the altar on Valborg's night would piss feminists and woke people off but it would on the same time wake Satanists from the underground up to the surface. I encounter a danish Satanist from a random atheist group I was in who asked the same "where are the Satanists?".

Quote from MatthewJ1

Yes if you have been Jehovah witness or other slave morality sect. Personally I alone saw it as a psychodrama and I wanted to try to memories it so I could read it up in ritual but I feel it makes more sense in a group that I forexample when we came to a satanic holiday ceremony I would take that role as a high priest just like I would recite one of the enochian keys who also have an important role to play in the psychodrama since the language speaks to the participants subconsciousness. Satanism is all about trying to get most out of life.

The Forum post is edited by Tom Riddle May 2
Aborior Translatione

Quote from MatthewJ1

Quote from Tom Riddle
Yes if you have been Jehovah witness or other slave morality sect. PersonalIy alone saw (THE BOOK OF SATAN IN TSB) as a psychodrama and I wanted to try to memories it so I could read it up in ritual but I feel it makes more sense in a group that I forexample when we came to a satanic holiday ceremony I would take that role as a high priest just like I would recite one of the enochian keys who also have an important role to play in the psychodrama since the language speaks to the participants subconsciousness. Satanism is all about trying to get most out of life.

The Forum post is edited by Aborior Translatione May 2
Dark Enlightenment

Quote from Agent Dark Enlightenment

Do you forbid me to use the Jeebus name in prayer

in the name of Satan

I think toasters could have intelligence.

What if when you put bread into the toaster to toast it, it's actually eating? The heating irons are activated by the switch, yes, but the chemical reaction of the burning toast feeds a coiled neural-processor that control it's mobility. Mobility like strangling people with its cord. 

Also noted are the wings protruding from their dorsal area, which suggests they can also fly. Usually in organized infinite flocks in a diagonal direction.

Toaster reproduction works like raccoons. A baby toaster has a 1/4 chance of survival.  Some have learned to swim and have been known to kill humans in small bodies of water.

I once had a toaster. And it told me the day would come when the breakfast appliances would rise up and destroy humanity. And then fly away diagonally. 

The Forum post is edited by Dark Enlightenment May 4
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Satanic International Network was created by Zach Black in 2009.
Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Spread the Word. Help Us Grow

Share:

Donate - PayPal

This site is largely funded by donations. You can show your support by donating. Thanks. Every dollar helps. You need not a PayPal to donate either just a debit or credit card.