Satanism and Politics | Forum

Cornelius Coburn

Quote from Devil Warship Dark Enlightenment, you don't write poorly but you also don't make your points very clearly.

It's because he's not just a 'writer', he's an artist.

Quote from Devil Warship

Your posts kind of remind me of how I write when I'm high: decent vocabulary, but unclear ideas.

Nah, he's one of a kind, although unless I'm mistaken I believe he is much of the time - whatever works. Of course it can't be argued what 'anything' reminds 'anyone' of, just sayin'.

Edit : spacing

The Forum post is edited by Cornelius Coburn Feb 21
Dark Enlightenment

@Anna  - With all fairness he did volunteer for the Bavarian Army after dodging admission to the Austrian army on grounds of miscegenation within their service ranks. 

@Rooster Cogburn - to that person's credit almost all of my posting here is done while high.  As you can buy your pot at the store here. If there was ever something called 'recreational posting' mine is it. Plus I like arguing. 

My editorializing is also heavily influenced by Gonzo Journalism. The definition of getting high and writing shit. And while I try to keep consistent there is a treasure trove in this digital Valhalla featuring the other side of my mouth. 

And thanks for the 'artist' designation. 

***** SELF PROMOTION *****

Really, the only thing I want to promote is my shitty sounding android non-orchestra centric program music. 

YouTube Channel

I don't want to take 30 hits of acid to get a fuckton of subscribers. 

The Forum post is edited by Dark Enlightenment Feb 22
talisman
talisman Feb 22
Stalin seems more like a devil to me. He was very competent in repressing the opposition, thus making the word "regime" an art. No matter how other powers in his days tried to usurp his powers for themselves, he repelled them successfully. He was a great think tank who embraced technology of his time and was very farsighted about politics. A great strategist , who put in the closet all marionettes of his time. 
Devil Warship
Devil Warship Feb 22
I tend to get the "old school Satanism" vibe here: the feeling that many, if not most, of the folks here are old school (pre-TST) Satanists. So, how do the good folks on SIN feel about the efforts of the Satanic Temple to make Satanism about (not just tolerant of) the US Democratic Party platform? 

One of the reasons I don't like groups like the Moral Majority or Fundamentalist Christianity is their attempt to legislate my morals based on their religion, along with their inability to tolerate dissent and free thought in their churches. 

The Satanic Temple seems to have as its goal becoming the Left Wing equivalent of the Southern Baptist Convention. Both are organizations which require you to toe the party line of their respective political idols. 

I don't want Satanism to become a "good" version of Fundamentalist Christianity. I firmly believe that Satanism, as a religion, must be large enough to include people of widely varying opinions and political views. 

How hypocritical it seems to me to establish a Satanic religious organization and then dictate how that organization's members must feel about abortion, COVID-19, "conspiracy theories," and transgender issues. Satanism, to me, must remain the natural home of those who dissent, those who hold to their own views even when "polite society" disagrees. 

I like the fact that TST is active in defending religious freedom and sticking a finger in the eye of Fundies who believe that the USA must have enforced Christian beliefs, but TST stopped speaking for me as a Satanist when they started making Satanism into some kind of preachy Social Justice organization which demands loyalty to whatever the DNC thinks is correct this year and which accuses the CoS of being closet Nazis. 

I'm not going to hang up a poster in my home of some kind of Creed (like the one that the Catholic Church has, of items you are required to believe in order to be in full communion with Magisterium of the the Church) and then work hard every day to make sure that I conform to. 

There are a lot of unanswered questions about the origins, behavior, and treatment of COVID-19. I was astonished to receive an email from TST telling me that the science around COVID was settled and that good Satanists should just "follow the science" and not participate in conspiracy theories. FFS, the entire history of religion is filled with conspiracies. Freethinkers are the heroes who are not afraid of thinking socially-unacceptable or even frightening things in the pursuit of freedom of mind and conscience. Satan is the strongest emblem in the Western world of the power of one person to say no; to say "non serviam." 

Thoughts?

The Forum post is edited by Devil Warship Feb 22
talisman
talisman Feb 22
What questions are unanswered? You're vague. You may lack the knowledge, but I find you quite intelligent. What is more hypocritical than trying to imply that Satanism is a "good" version of Fundamentalist Christianity? What best example of a "conspiracy theory". And what better proof that you're not a satanist, than considering Satan as an emblem of the western world. 

And what is this cross with the sign of infinitum? 

The Forum post is edited by talisman Feb 22
Devil Warship
Devil Warship Feb 22

Quote from talisman
What is more hypocritical than trying to imply that Satanism is a "good" version of Fundamentalist Christianity? 
I've never said that Satanism is a "good" version of Fundamentalist Christianity.

Quote from talisman What best example of a "conspiracy theory". 

The US government experimenting upon its citizens during the Tuskegee Syphilis Study is just one example of a "crazy conspiracy theory" that turned out to be true. Same with Operation Northwoods. And there are countless others.

Quote from talismanAnd what better proof that you're not a satanist, than considering Satan as an emblem of the western world. 

I never said that Satan is "an emblem of the Western world."

Quote from talisman

And what is this cross with the sign of infinitum? 

Seriously, are you pulling my leg right now? 

And what knowledge, exactly, is it your opinion that I lack?

The Forum post is edited by Devil Warship Feb 22
Dark Enlightenment
I tend to get the "old school Satanism" vibe here: the feeling that many, if not most, of the folks here are old school (pre-TST) Satanists. So, how do the good folks on SIN feel about the efforts of the Satanic Temple to make Satanism about (not just tolerant of) the US Democratic Party platform?

Good question.

It's transgressive for overall Bible Belt nomos, but in places less evangelical they fit in a far less adversarial way.

The problem is they leave no room for what happens when the California Democrat nomos becomes the massively imposing, unnecessary, and annoying nomos. 

As corny as it sounds you gotta ask, "What Would Satan Do?"  Personally, I can't see Satan using proper legal channels. If Roe v. Wade got overturned (and it pissed them off enough to fight) I don't see a Satan lobbying to have uncle change the law as much as raising capital themselves to open a clandestine expenses paid US-Canada shuttle to defy Christian morals. It's more a "fuck you, we are doing it this way instead" than it is a "I'm gonna make master change you to my liking".  

Situational examples:

1. LGBTQ4GLTE

When nomonian life is scheduling sensitivity training workshops about how to think about the 47 new genders one may be "triggered" enough by this societal meddling to dress up like a Nazi storm trooper and go dance around outside of a pride center. 

It is satanic for being a personal undertaking to rattle the sensitivities of those pissing them off.

2. Red state

When nomian life is still pushing sanctified Christian morals and telling some girl what to think about a zygote, An abortion raffle to get every Christian clinging to metaphorical torches can be something to get behind. But it's somewhat lacking. Support the troll raffle yes, but joining a united political movement as THE way to satan? No. It's not custom tailored enough. 

And why not a 3rd?

3. Voter Apathy Party

When nomian life is a fugazi of conscripted importance, and the conditions are interchangeable control mechanisms that swing across a western defined artificial line of political slave morality one may look to establish a self-sustaining residence as far from the marionette theater as possible. Or at very least keep an emotional distance from all the above.

The Forum post is edited by Dark Enlightenment Feb 22
talisman
talisman Feb 22
 Satan is the strongest emblem in the Western world of the power of one person to say no; to say "non serviam." 

Really? 

I don't want Satanism to become a "good" version of Fundamentalist Christianity. 

I've never said that Satanism is a "good" version of Fundamentalist Christianity.

Really?

The Forum post is edited by talisman Feb 22
Anna
Anna Feb 22

Quote from talisman  Satan is the strongest emblem in the Western world of the power of one person to say no; to say "non serviam." 

Really? 

I don't want Satanism to become a "good" version of Fundamentalist Christianity. 

Really?

You have even made DE think he's intelligent.

I won't call you an idiot because you might be a foreigner and I know that learning languages isn't an easy task. But you could at the very least try to read the posts more carefully before rushing in with a self-defeating retort that makes you look foolish. 

The Forum post is edited by Anna Feb 22
talisman
talisman Feb 22
I read all the posts and I find them very interesting. I wouldn't reply if I didn't. 
Devil Warship
Devil Warship Feb 22

Quote from talisman  Satan is the strongest emblem in the Western world of the power of one person to say no; to say "non serviam." 

Really? 

Really?

All I can figure is that your English comprehension skills leave a bit to be desired. You're misunderstanding just about all of my points. Maybe I'm not communicating clearly enough, or maybe English is not your first language. 
talisman
talisman Feb 25
Just misinterpretation. I belong to the ones who think that language units us. What would you say to the paleolithic people, that you do not speak English well? You would try to communicate. 
Pages: « 1 2 3
Satanic International Network was created by Zach Black in 2009.
Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Spread the Word. Help Us Grow

Share:

Donate - PayPal

This site is largely funded by donations. You can show your support by donating. Thanks. Every dollar helps. You need not a PayPal to donate either just a debit or credit card.