Severity | Forum

Wolfie
Wolfie Jul 6
I use ritual catharsis to bring my Shadow farther out into the open. The more my Shadow is integrated with my normal waking self, the more personal power I can bring to bear in any situation. Integration and increased personal power are so closely linked that one could argue they're the same thing. The Shadow is one's hidden, secret, forbidden personal power, which, when integrated with the normal waking self, leaves nothing out of reach of actualization.

As I've explored my psyche, I've come to realize my Shadow is made up almost entirely of severity. I'm not plagued by any taboos except "Don't be mean to people" and the usual "Don't pee or shit except in a toilet" and "Don't go naked in public." I guess if I was gay or transsexual I might suffer from taboos around sex or gender, but I'm a cisgender heterosexual, so none of that is an issue for me.

I've been working to integrate severity into my normal waking self. This is going pretty well. You may have noticed how quickly and easily I shift to severity toward trolls. 

Lately I've been using Cthulhu and the Necronomicon's Sigil of the Gateway in my severity ritual. This is because Cthulhu is understood to be relentlessly and unequivocally severe. You don't ask Cthulhu for favors. You don't even ask him to refrain from eating your soul. Where Cthulhu is concerned, all you do is run. 

See pic. I use these five imperatives in ritual. The candles I burn are red.

Rituals are always absolutist. Real life is more nuanced. All of that is as it should be. Also Satanists choose to govern themselves by that great and hoary principle, "Don't do anything stupid."

The Forum post is edited by Wolfie Jul 6
Share:
Cornelius Coburn
The third number of creation heads the pillar of Severity. Associations : Isis; planetary : Saturn; king scale : crimson; queen scale : black.
Tom Riddle
Tom Riddle Jul 7
In the satanic ritual LaVey says "opening the gates of hell and come forth from the abyss". You can then add eclectic stuff into it. You can incorporate any dark entity or practice into it as you are now in hell where the devils. demons and monsters, ghosts lives. Pacting with devils and demons is a psychodrama and it's all about be one with your shadow where you deepest fear, hatred and evil lives. This is why I think no Satanist or LHP person in general have done crimes because they embrace their inner demons so they won't get out and create trouble in the society. 
Cornelius Coburn
Well some abysmal contexts may be nothing more than psychodrama, but in a cosmological sense the abyss can be thought of as a very real place indeed.

To speak in symbolic terms. The idea is that upon expansion of the primordial point, or, singularity. There would be three numbers involved. The first would be the primordial point and the second might thought of as a further manifestation of the will of God which could be represented as Osiris and an infinite manifestation of energy and power tantamount to a cosmic orgasm(Orgasmatron) which is received by Isis the mother of creation and is further articulated as the expansive aspect of the universe.

So the concept of the abyss arises following these first three phases(the trinity) where there is no material manifestations but only that of pure space time inflating at luminal/super luminal speeds where the depths of this spatial abyss would be measured in parsecs.

Derived from a contemporary cosmology and the nine numbers of creation.

Anna
Anna Jul 7

Quote from Tom Riddle In the satanic ritual LaVey says "opening the gates of hell and come forth from the abyss". You can then add eclectic stuff into it. You can incorporate any dark entity or practice into it as you are now in hell where the devils. demons and monsters, ghosts lives. Pacting with devils and demons is a psychodrama and it's all about be one with your shadow where you deepest fear, hatred and evil lives. This is why I think no Satanist or LHP person in general have done crimes because they embrace their inner demons so they won't get out and create trouble in the society. 

So play the rebel in your ritual chamber and be a slave when you're out of your ritual chamber. Did I understand you right? Is this about role playing now? You light candles, chant fancy mantras, imagine demons and play evil when nobody is watching but when you live your life, you're like everyone else. More, you're even a better slave than everyone else.

Don't get me wrong. I don't encourage anyone to disrespect the law and disobey the authorities. Many people feel all right with the established law and order and I'm cool with that. But why would they play evil kids in the closet? It's like an adult man playing PC games as a substitute for getting life. Seems ridiculous to me.

Tom Riddle
Tom Riddle Jul 7
Quote from Anna 

So play the rebel in your ritual chamber and be a slave when you're out of your ritual chamber. Did I understand you right? Is this about role playing now? You light candles, chant fancy mantras, imagine demons and play evil when nobody is watching but when you live your life, you're like everyone else. More, you're even a better slave than everyone else.

Don't get me wrong. I don't encourage anyone to disrespect the law and disobey the authorities. Many people feel all right with the established law and order and I'm cool with that. But why would they play evil kids in the closet? It's like an adult man playing PC games as a substitute for getting life. Seems ridiculous to me.

Psychodrama is a form of therapy. In the satanic sense it's about making the ego whole which is done by pacting with or embracing the devils and demons who represents the shadow of the Satanist. Do you imagine Satanism without rituals?

Anna
Anna Jul 7
I can certainly imagine Satanism without rituals. I remember many saying they don't do it. But that's not my point really. 

My point is that your ritualizing is merely an excuse for your inaction. Satanism in your case is a fantasy game and not a way of living.

The Forum post is edited by Anna Jul 7
Baphomets Mod
Baphomets Jul 7

Quote from Anna I can certainly imagine Satanism without rituals. I remember many saying they don't do it. But that's not my point really. 

My point is that your ritualizing is merely an excuse for your inaction. Satanism in your case is a fantasy game and not a way of living.

Ah yeah!!
Tom Riddle
Tom Riddle Jul 7
Quote from Anna I can certainly imagine Satanism without rituals. I remember many saying they don't do it. But that's not my point really. 

I do only ritualize if there is a specific goal I cannot obtain with normal method. As for ceremony then I do not celebrate the satanic holidays since I have no friends who are Satanists. It would be like celebrating Christmas evening without the family...

There is no Satanism without ritual and ceremony. It's not a philosophy.

Baphomets Mod
Baphomets Jul 7

Quote from Tom Riddle

I do only ritualize if there is a specific goal I cannot obtain with normal method. As for ceremony then I do not celebrate the satanic holidays since I have no friends who are Satanists. It would be like celebrating Christmas evening without the family...

There is no Satanism without ritual and ceremony. It's not a philosophy.

Tom, what are your usual methods? Let's start there.  Local H - Demon Dreams
The Forum post is edited by Baphomets Jul 7
Wolfie
Wolfie Jul 7
Local H is awesome.

Meanwhile: Satanism is absolutely a philosophy. Ritual is optional but I find it psychologically useful so I recommend it. Also without the ritual there's very little reason to call it Satanism. But the essence is atheistic egoism, spiced up with some misanthropy.

Tom Riddle
Tom Riddle Jul 7
Quote from Wolfie Local H is awesome.

Meanwhile: Satanism is absolutely a philosophy. Ritual is optional but I find it psychologically useful so I recommend it. Also without the ritual there's very little reason to call it Satanism. But the essence is atheistic egoism, spiced up with some misanthropy.

How is Satanism a philosophy? There are many different philosophies that have been label satanic. Also, it can be discussed if Satanism is atheistic because there are gods invoked during satanic rituals. Devils were once gods worshipped by the ancient cultures.
MatthewJ1
MatthewJ1 Jul 7

Wolfie: ‘Meanwhile: Satanism is absolutely a philosophy. Ritual is optional but I find it psychologically useful so I recommend it. Also without the ritual there's very little reason to call it Satanism. But the essence is atheistic egoism, spiced up with some misanthropy.’

Also without the ritual there’s very little reason to call it Satanism. But the essence is atheistic egoism, spiced up with some misanthropy?

Wait a minute: if you take away the ritual, then there is very little reason to call it Satanism – doesn’t that imply that the ritualistic elements are the essence of Satanism or, at least, an essential part of Satanism? Aren’t those religious aspects an important part of the whole thing?

Anyone can call themselves a misanthrope, or an atheistic egoist without needing to call themselves a Satanist. So what identifies one as a Satanist - surely some connection with Satan?

If you are an atheist, then I think you have a problem, because you can only regard Satan as a symbol or a character in a certain type of literature or film, etc. You can say: “I’m like that character,” or you can say: “that symbol is close to my heart and represents me.” But is that viewpoint really a philosophy? Don’t you have to rely on something else to describe your philosophical framework, if you believe Satan is just a symbol or a literary character?  

The problem with this approach I think is this: you constantly have to go outside of Satan to determine the contours of this satanic philosophy.

In the case of atheistic egoism, which implies that your worldview has been underpinned by atheism, you have had to move beyond the context of Satan in order to accept that worldview. And further, your egoism comes out of this post-nihilistic viewpoint, which you have mentioned elsewhere, which is formed outside of the context of Satan. It seems you must rely on scientific claims to ground a lot of your position, but where is Satan in that? Why should Satan even be a misanthrope? Why not a savior for human beings? Or the giver of a gift?

The Prince of Darkness can be neither of these things – misanthropy or atheistic egoism. Why? Because if it’s merely a symbol or a character in a certain type or literature or art, then that symbol or character is completely relative and historical i.e., it has no objective basis. Meanings and biography do change over time.

Wolfie
Wolfie Jul 7
Tom, MatthewJ1, Satan is the inverse of Christ. Satan stands for atheism because Christ stands for faith. Satan stands for egoism because Christ stands for self-sacrifice. Satan stands for misanthropy because Christ stands for universal love. Satan is the natural symbol for the foundational principles of LaVey's philosophy. The natural symbol.  

Wolfie
Wolfie Jul 7
Tom, MatthewJ1, Satan is the inverse of Christ. Satan stands for atheism because Christ stands for faith. Satan stands for egoism because Christ stands for self-sacrifice. Satan stands for misanthropy because Christ stands for universal love. Satan is the natural symbol for the foundational principles of LaVey's philosophy. The natural symbol.  

Tom Riddle
Tom Riddle Jul 8
Quote from Wolfie Tom, MatthewJ1, Satan is the inverse of Christ. Satan stands for atheism because Christ stands for faith. Satan stands for egoism because Christ stands for self-sacrifice. Satan stands for misanthropy because Christ stands for universal love. Satan is the natural symbol for the foundational principles of LaVey's philosophy. The natural symbol.  

Satan predates Christianity. He appears in the book of job in the Old Testament where he questioning Job's loyalty. Satan is the one to accuse or question. Devils have all in common that they rejects external gods and embrace the carnal and wordily power. However, rejecting external gods is not necessary the same as rejecting their existence. For instance a polytheist can acknowledge the existence of all gods but choose to worship only one. In the case of Satanism the only god worthy of worship is Satan as he is the externalized ego of the Satanist.
Anna
Anna Jul 8

"Satan predates Christianity. He appears in the book of job in the Old Testament where he questioning Job's loyalty. Satan is the one to accuse or question."

This is correct.

But the rest is bullshit.

Satan in the Old Testament, also in the Book of Job you mentioned, is the servant of God. He's indeed the accuser but in the service of God. If God is the judge, Satan acts as the prosecutor. He opposes people not God.

It's in the New Testament that Satan evolves and becomes the agent of sin and God's enemy. It's there that he becomes associated with putting the carnal and worldly before the divine. This is why Christ tells Satan to go away when he's tempted by him. He actively rejects Satan and everything he represents.

LaVey's Satan is the Satan from the New Testament, from Christianity. 

Tom Riddle
Tom Riddle Jul 8
Quote from Anna

Satan in the Old Testament, also in the Book of Job you mentioned, is the servant of God. He's indeed the accuser but in the service of God. If God is the judge, Satan acts as the prosecutor. He opposes people not God.

It was Satan who asked Jahveh for permission to test Job because he doubted. Satan in that story is therefore the symbol of doubt. 
Quote from Anna

LaVey's Satan is the Satan from the New Testament, from Christianity. 

LaVey's Satan is the mythological Satan in general. The Christian devil is not the only one who rejects external gods. The islamic devil also do it. Belial, Leviathan, Azazel etc... They all represents power over the material world...

The Forum post is edited by Tom Riddle Jul 8
Anna
Anna Jul 8

"LaVey's Satan is the mythological Satan in general. The Christian devil is not the only one who rejects external gods. The islamic devil also do it. Belial, Leviathan, Azazel also... "

Sure. Because when LaVey rewrites Christ's Blessings, he doesn't refer to Christianity but to the mythology in general. When he writes that Satan means embracing the seven deadly sins, he also doesn't refer to Christianity but to the mythology in general. And when he writes the diatribes against the Church and Christianity, he really means Islam and ancient pagan religions.

That was sarcasm in case someone is slow thinking here.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »
Satanic International Network was created by Zach Black in 2009.
Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Spread the Word. Help Us Grow

Share:

Donate - PayPal

This site is largely funded by donations. You can show your support by donating. Thanks. Every dollar helps. You need not a PayPal to donate either just a debit or credit card.