Sugested Study Material! | Forum

possesedbythedevil666
I am wondering what all of you would suggest to someone whom you would incounter, both in the real world and online, where to start studing satanism that knows little to nothing about true satanism if requested by such a person?

Let me get the ball rolling here:

1) Might Makes Right by Ragnar Redbeard

2) The five books of LaVey (pacificly TSB).

3) Lords of the Left Hand Path

4) the Description, Philosophy and Justification of Satanism (dpjs.co.uk)

5) Satanis: the Devils Mass and if you can find it Speak of the Devil

However what I am looking for is everyone thinking about there own paradigm as a satanist, critically, and post what they feel to be good starting points. Though for me I tend to be eclectic dispite the LaVeyn leaning of the above list. I just feel that the above list is a starting point especially the website given above.

Also I am putting this up as a sort of group think tank to see how many people get involved and how diverse such a list might be be, at least on this site. So you all have my two cents worth so have at my good ... er evil fellas.

Share:
Anna
Anna Nov 26 '14
For fuck's sake dude, can't you learn how to spell properly? It's just getting annoying. Besides, what is the trueeeee Satanism? Because you see... there are many versions of it.

TSB and the Satanic Rituals might be a good start. Then, read whatever picks up your interest. As I said, there are many versions of Satanism. If what Anton LaVey writes and the stuff you find on the CoS website click with you, then reading Anton's other books and Gilmore's Satanic Scriptures would be advisable. The Temple of Vampire's Bibles are also quite entertaining, though a bit difficult to understand if you're not the Temple of the Vampire initiate. I also liked Blanche Barton's biography of Anton LaVey "The Secret Life of a Satanist" and "Zeena LaVey: The Fallen Daughter" by Franco Halycon. These are short, easy to read and quite intriguing books.

I would also try reading bits and pieces from Michael Aquino "The Church of Satan" to get the gist of the CoS history, the fall out between Anton LaVey and some disillusioned members of the CoS clergy and the subsequent formation of the Temple of Set.

I would also devote some time to studying the ONA texts for the very simple reason that it's hard, if not impossible, to understand the glorious history of SIN and the 600 Club, without understanding the ONA first. The Black Book of Satan is the basic text.

As for the theistic Satanism, old videos by Venus Satanas are not bad.

Oh and don't forget to hit Zach's You Tube channel. ;)
nith
nith Nov 26 '14

Bruce Lee's Tao of Jeet Kune Do (self study and applications)

Sun Tzu's Art of War (large group tactics)

Miyamoto Musashi The Book of Five Rings (small unit to single tactics)

These are three books I still read now and then but there are also many other books that would fit this study material that are not stated as Satanic or Left Hand Path. Books like Might Makes Right are not much good if you don't also study and apply tactics.

If a person would say that these books are just combat based I would say they have not read or understood them. Be it mental, physical or emotional, the above three books can show the basics if a person can see applications outside of the ones given.

possesedbythedevil666
Quote from AnnaCzereda For fuck's sake dude, can't you learn how to spell properly? It's just getting annoying. Besides, what is the trueeeee Satanism? Because you see... there are many versions of it.

TSB and the Satanic Rituals might be a good start. Then, read whatever picks up your interest. As I said, there are many versions of Satanism. If what Anton LaVey writes and the stuff you find on the CoS website click with you, then reading Anton's other books and Gilmore's Satanic Scriptures would be advisable. The Temple of Vampire's Bibles are also quite entertaining, though a bit difficult to understand if you're not the Temple of the Vampire initiate. I also liked Blanche Barton's biography of Anton LaVey "The Secret Life of a Satanist" and "Zeena LaVey: The Fallen Daughter" by Franco Halycon. These are short, easy to read and quite intriguing books.

I would also try reading bits and pieces from Michael Aquino "The Church of Satan" to get the gist of the CoS history, the fall out between Anton LaVey and some disillusioned members of the CoS clergy and the subsequent formation of the Temple of Set.

I would also devote some time to studying the ONA texts for the very simple reason that it's hard, if not impossible, to understand the glorious history of SIN and the 600 Club, without understanding the ONA first. The Black Book of Satan is the basic text.

As for the theistic Satanism, old videos by Venus Satanas are not bad.

Oh and don't forget to hit Zach's You Tube channel. ;)
For fuck sake maybe I don't want to google search every word when I post on a fucking site like this one simply because one person, that is you in this case, gets annoyed, I do have a life of my own outside of the internet, like, say a family? My lack of spelling annoies you, I get that, but why get bent out of shape over it? I mean you seem to get the consept of me starting this thread though you seem to not get the fact that in my original post I make clear, i feel, that there are many paradigms within Satanism.

That said, I do praise you for actually contributing to the actual thread. Though I have never heard of the Fallen Daughter nor the Black Book of Satan I do intend to look them up and as per your recommendation I will study the ONA texts.

Quote from Nith

These are three books I still read now and then but there are also many other books that would fit this study material that are not stated as Satanic or Left Hand Path. Books like Might Makes Right are not much good if you don't also study and apply tactics.

If a person would say that these books are just combat based I would say they have not read or understood them. Be it mental, physical or emotional, the above three books can show the basics if a person can see applications outside of the ones given.

These are books I have never heard of but thanks for the input!
Anna
Anna Nov 28 '14

Quote from possesedbysatan666 For fuck sake maybe I don't want to google search every word when I post on a fucking site like this one simply because one person, that is you in this case, gets annoyed, I do have a life of my own outside of the internet, like, say a family? My lack of spelling annoies you, I get that, but why get bent out of shape over it?

Everyone here has a life outside of the internet; school, work, family. Making so many spelling mistakes makes you look lazy. You should have a spellchecker in your browser.

Oh and Luz babe, ask your doctor to prescribe you new meds. The ones you take aint working. ;)
Khandnalie Member
Khandnalie Nov 28 '14
I have trouble recommending reading materials, because there's rather little that I can endorse wholeheartedly. 

Every book has its flaws and its strengths.
Anna
Anna Nov 29 '14

Quote from Greg_Thomas Aint working? Oh, you mean aren't working. you really shouldn't worry about how other people type Anna, you butcher the language just as bad as anyone, must be that Pollock typewriter you learned how to spell on.

Aint/ain't is a slang word for am not/is not/are not. I picked it from Zach. He used it quite often and I think it's cute so I also use it at times.

There is a difference between making an occasional mistake from time to time, because indeed everyone does it, and writing like a ten-year-old kid. And there is no excuse for someone who doesn't know his own mother tongue.

Are Satanists to be considered an elite or not? How can a dude or a girl who can't spell properly be considered elitist?

As for your comment "no need to get pointers on Satanism from Christians", it was irrelevant because the books I wrote about in my post are very popular and basic texts on Satanism. Reading them will enhance your knowledge. Moreover, they are quite entertaining. Apart from that, you, Luz and Treetop (the butthurt trinity) would make wonderful Christians, if it wasn't for your pretentious claims to the label "Satanist". Even the dumbest folks can claim they are Satanists even if they continue littering the site with their bullshit and derailing the threads so that every damn topic becomes a discussion about Anna Czereda. My most loyal fans...
Berardo Rodriguez Member
Berardo Rodriguez Nov 30 '14
Possesedbysatan666: I could suggest that the #2 ( The Satanic Bible)  of your list, it's a good reading to start with. Then the videos of Zach Black and Venus Satanas can enforce it, there the person will find  "fantasy and reality" together, and being practice by real people. After all, it depends on the thirst for knowledge of the person. 
possesedbythedevil666
With the exception of anne whom has done nothing but a crying little BITCH for the most part everyone, as I suspected has there own suggestions.

To add to the list I made earlyer I would recommend the works of Crowlethough only with a grain of salt as far as he suggests flesh and blood sacrifices, case in point would be his Magick in Theory and Practice. Also be good to point out to a novice that he was less of a Satanist and more in line as a Thelamite as this is what he founded.

possesedbythedevil666
Quote from Rev_RonaldFrench I like books from the 1800 - 1930s myself.  They give off a charge if you will of that era be it sentence structure, phrases, or use a words since extinct in today' vernacular. This Genre of books for me is good mental exercise while trying to understand the writings of its day.     The COS is a purveyor of reading lists with in its own published books (should you go that route). Usually I find other Satanists quote a philosopher I have not heard of and seek out their works and see how that person was influenced.
I find the more you read what is out there the more developed you become with in your own paradigm (outside of application of course)

I agree whole hartedly. Lately I have been toying with the concept of pantheism. Though, from my understanding, these types tend to be monotheistic which would place me in the minority in that I tend to be more pluralistic. From what I gather pantheism is a concept that the world, the galaxy, etc. is god, or in my case gods. To me the concept of gods and goddesses is symbolic of different aspects of the universe right down to you and me. For example Satan would be the rebellious spirit while Aphrodite would be a symbol of procreation, pleasure, etc. and so on.

I haven't read to much into it but I would like to know your thoughts and you would recommend to me to read up on?

johnnywatts Chapter Head
johnnywatts Dec 21 '14

Quote from Nith

Besides Bruce Lee, I agree. Strategy should be an important aspect of any Satanist who wants to move "up". Knowing how to deceive your enemies.

I personally apply it all the time.

possesedbythedevil666

Quote from jonnywatts
Quote from Nith

Besides Bruce Lee, I agree. Strategy should be an important aspect of any Satanist who wants to move "up". Knowing how to deceive your enemies.

I personally apply it all the time.

Deception has been a military tactic for a long time, I may not know my military historian or even general history any better then any one here, but I do know that at least in todays world deception is used in the military extensively for a reason, and I am not just talking about the American military but those across the earth. I am in perfect agreement with some kind of material to be placed on a list like this. Of course I would call it a use of Lesser Magic or what those in the psychology field might term applied psychology, either way I would think that studding deception to be one of several subjects to study in the realm of not only in Satanism but at least in the over all real of the Left-hand Path.

I would like to move this discussion further, if possible. I understand that Satanism is so individualized that there probably never be a single set of suggested material, i.e. the Holy Bible for example though that would fall in the realm of required reading but let's try to avoid semantics here for the sake of conversation. What I am looking for here is this: Where does the individual each of individual source material that each individual codified into each individual paradigm? The point of this topic is an exorcise in demonstrating our diversity, a demonstration of how we don't agree on a single list of suggested reading list. I am sure that we all know, myself included, we will by the end of the day that there is not and can not be a single list of suggested reading list with the exception of maybe someone coming along and actually attempting to look at all of this in terms of what list of books are popular and what ones are not, which is a task in of itself. Also I believe that someone who is new who only knows the basics or is looking at it from an academic perspective would benefit from this as well as pilfering the library that is available to us on this site. I feel that when these types, if they have a decent head on there shoulders, would see how diverse we really are just by viewing the material that we each read and draw upon to create our own paradigm. I know that an argument can be made that the point has already been made but I want as much of a discussion on this as possible because the more we discuss this topic, the more info is available for sampling, and the more of a broader picture is available of said people to pilfer through.

nith
nith Dec 30 '14

The books I listed are not just for military tactics but can be applied in any setting. Part of the action that distances a person from the stereotype academic would be real world applications that moves away from the armchair or desk (experienced knowledge or told knowledge).

As for deception at the basic level, it can be as simple as keeping one's mouth shut and not advertising an action or position. To stop or even hinder something there are basics that need to be known. What it is. Where it is. Who it is. When it is.

If all of these are know then a plan of action can take place but if even one is missing then it becomes less functional. I find this a core basic well worth study in both finding others and hiding the self.

possesedbythedevil666
Quote from Nith

The books I listed are not just for military tactics but can be applied in any setting. Part of the action that distances a person from the stereotype academic would be real world applications that moves away from the armchair or desk (experienced knowledge or told knowledge).

As for deception at the basic level, it can be as simple as keeping one's mouth shut and not advertising an action or position. To stop or even hinder something there are basics that need to be known. What it is. Where it is. Who it is. When it is.

If all of these are know then a plan of action can take place but if even one is missing then it becomes less functional. I find this a core basic well worth study in both finding others and hiding the self.

These are very good points, especially the final paragraph. I am not sure but I think that Abe Lincoln has been attributed as saying "Itis better to keep silent and others take you for a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
nith
nith Dec 11 '15

The first part of the below statement is both true and false depending on context.

Quote from FraterLuciferi There are no books that can teach you about Satanism... The satanic bible is ONLY an introduction book and nothing more. The only source to Satanic beliefs and practice is the character of Satan himself. 

If the context was “can you learn all you need from a book” ie; application then it is correct.

Then again how would a person learn what a word or symbol means without the written form. There are also the base applications and ideas that form a kind of tool kit that would take longer to learn on your own. This would be like having to reinvent the wheel before you could roll.

nith
nith Dec 11 '15

When I objectively check out a symbol I check it's history, it's meaning and how it has changed depending on who used it.

The basic symbols commonly used in Satanism are the downward five pointed star and that same star with a goats head in it. The downward pointing star alone <if following back on the Christian/ Jewish side> is simply the animal side of the human being and the upturned one is the intellectual side. The additive of the goat head was done by a Catholic priest who later found more profit in occultism and changed his name to Eliphas Levi. Other than taking the idea of the Baphomet head and head and placing it over the star to place extra definition on the animal side it is still the same base meaning.

If you have different meanings for the same symbol or others then that could warrant a post of it's own. I would have interest in exploring that topic if you had other meanings for these symbols.

On the other topic of Satanic Bible,,, you said “books” and I replied to the usage of the word books. Books can not teach all a person needs to know but that does not mean they can not show some value.

nith
nith Dec 11 '15

@Frater I think you may find some interest in checking out the histories of the symbols. Most American Christians say the inverted cross is Satanic but in other places, religions and cultures it is known as the St Peter's cross. Quick explanation of the origin of the St Peter's cross story is in the book of Peter in the Bible.

As for the “possibilities to obtain wisdom” I would say taking the knowledge from said books and applying them to life once leaving the armchair would be a better way to obtain wisdom. So books have their place but are not the be all and end all.

nith
nith Dec 11 '15

@Frater

I made a guess at the English being you second or more language. I don't pretend to know what Satanists in general believe till I ask them so the questions I asked and what I said was a real attempt to make conversation.

I get the idea from your last reply that you have a set belief and don't like my questions so I will leave you to it.

ShadowLover Member
ShadowLover Dec 11 '15
It might seem a little lightweight in comparison to much of the reading suggested on here but I actually got a lot out of "The Four Agreements - A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom."

As well as a book it also comes in the form of cards and I met someone that had them and became quite attached to the concept behind The Second Agreement - Don't Take Anything Personally," and held onto the concept everyday. It wasn't until years later when I actually came across the book.

You see, I used to be very affected by what people thought about me - I was a pleaser and would martyr myself beyond what was healthy for approval. Inside I believed I was a bad, bad little girl and lived my life trying to make atonement. Even when I recognised what I was doing and stopped, I would then feel guilty or very much take on board other people's reactions or words.

This simple concept helped me to forge new habits and a new attitude. Now I can make decisions without having to worry about everyone else, I can say No without feeling guilty (it's so fucking easy!) and I don't care if people don't understand or like me. I do what I want. I say what I want. And I just don't care. Actually, I always did do most of what I wanted - I was either just discreet or felt guilty about it... But I'm pretty close to teflon now and I am liking that a lot.

I feel this book would help anybody who feels guilty about stuff or that maybe has self-esteem issues.

It's only a small book and very easy to read and after a quick look I actually found a link to download it if anybody is interested.

http://www.universe-people.com/..._four_agreements.htm
nith
nith Dec 11 '15

@Frater or anyone else that wants to reply.

Ok, fresh start and I will try this from a different angle.

Thinking outside the box is a common phrase that is used. So if the box was things listed and known as Satan based would you or have you found anything outside that box that inspired you?

I will give a couple of my examples here also.

A person; I found Bruce Lee to be more Left Hand Path orientated than most of the people with Satanic titles. Most of the Satanic title people are still justifying themselves to the Right Hand Path where as Bruce was more focused on progression and it's usefulness.

An application: The tactics of those around you can be tools in their downfall <Miyamoto Musashi – Book of Five Rings>.

A symbol: The rune Ing. Know the past as you progress to the future but focus on now and keep moving.

Satanic International Network was created by Zach Black in 2009.
Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Spread the Word. Help Us Grow

Share:

Donate - PayPal

This site is largely funded by donations. You can show your support by donating. Thanks. Every dollar helps. You need not a PayPal to donate either just a debit or credit card.