Who's the Better Satanist: Peter H. Gilmore or Michael Aquino? | Forum

Icecold99
Icecold99 Jun 10 '15
In general I like Anton Lavey better than either of them, unfortunately he only lived to be 67.  I generally don't think of people in terms of one being better than the other but that is how people tend to view things in society.  I like Gilmore's book The Satanic Scriptures better than the writing by Aquino that I've read. 
I have enjoyed some of Aquino's interviews recently. 
Share:
Icecold99
Icecold99 Jun 10 '15
What's Team Rice?
Knievel74 Member
Knievel74 Jun 10 '15
I don't consider Gilmore a Satanist. He's more like a benign uncle who's only minding the store called the CoS.
Icecold99
Icecold99 Jun 11 '15
What are some other big name Satanists besides Lavey, Gilmore, Rice and Aquino?  I've read all of the CoS books and enjoyed them quite a bit.  I'm looking for some more books like that. 
RevMel Member
RevMel Jun 12 '15
I don't favour one over the other. They all have something to add to the Satanist conversation. We need to be careful, here about comparison. Christians do this all the time, and it just creates drama and conflicts. The last thing we need to inherit their problems.
MatthewJ1
MatthewJ1 Aug 10 '15
Michael Aquino is a Setian, and not a Satanist - there's a big difference. It's an entirely different universe.
nith
nith Aug 10 '15

In place of the “target person versus target person” wouldn't it be better to check the defining principals and see if they are of use?

Once you can move past the person versus person into the ideas and concepts you have a chance to go further than the base hero worship. Searching these principals today is as simple as opening google and typing “Satanism and it's base principals”.

Ps; Not often do I agree with RevMel2 but the idea of inheriting others problems for the sake of it is silly at best. If and when I want problems I can make my own.

Zach Black Owner
Zach Black Aug 12 '15
Between Gilmore and Aquino I would go with Aquino. Although at this point both are irrelevant.
RevMel Member
RevMel Sep 6 '15
Gilmore in my opinion, fancies himself, as some manner of "pope' of the faith. However, Popes are elected, in their history, never self appointed. Satan forbid, that anyone pre-assumes to have that form of power, including myself. After the death of Lavey, here was a power shift were many people formerly associated with him, were thrown out. Then, there was a period where racial fascists come into the picture. Gilmore is simply another figurehead, from just another power shift.
Jason King
Jason King Sep 6 '15

Quote from RevMel Satan forbid
OK, you lost me there. Just sayin'.
RevMel Member
RevMel Sep 7 '15
When LaVey died there were massive and chaotic power shifts in CoS and now gilmore is head. But in my opinion eh's more like a salesman for Cos.
Jason King
Jason King Sep 8 '15

Quote from RevMel When LaVey died there were massive and chaotic power shifts in CoS and now gilmore is head. But in my opinion eh's more like a salesman for Cos.

You keep losin' me dude. Gilmore is nothing even remotely close to a Salesman for any fucking thing. Let alone The Church of LaVey or Satano-hedonism as a whole. This is a guy with the bare minimum of rub on LaVey's nuts to attract a couple of "iron filings," if you will. Except he hasn't.

Let me let you in on a secret, the only thing "magus" Peter H. Gilmore is doing for Satanism is . . . oh shit, I couldn't fucking think of anything. Justin fucking Beaver has done more for Satanism than that clown ever will.

Besides, everybody already knows Boyd Rice is the current High Priest of the COS. Because he took Jughead's crown off the top of his head and beat him bloody with it.  That's how you handle shit.

#churchofsatan2.0

Zach Black Owner
Zach Black Sep 8 '15

Besides, everybody already knows Boyd Rice is the current High Priest of the COS. Because he took Jughead's crown off the top of his head and beat him bloody with it.  That's how you handle shit.

#churchofsatan2.0

Although I am a fan of Boyd, I disagree. You can not simply post a blog on the internet declaring you are now high priest and make it so. Sure, LaVey offered the priest hood to Rice. Rice declined. Rice can not simply change his mind 10-15 years after Gilmore is running the show and step in and say ' this is mine ' .

But again, the CoS is dead. With the exception of a handful of sycophants
the CoS is a footnote.

For those interested in read Boyd Rice blog about declaring himself high priest of the CoS here it is.

baphomet (35K)

To whom it may concern,

As it is widely known, Anton Szandor LaVey repeatedly expressed his sincere desire to me that his mantle as leader of the Church of Satan pass to me upon his death. In his estimation, I was the sole person qualified to carry his tradition into a new era. At the time I demurred, explaining that I was a loner and not a team player or a people person.

Now I have changed my mind. After thirteen years of introspection, I have decided to step up to the plate and humbly accept the role bestowed upon me by my close friend and mentor. Why? Because remaining loyal to LaVey's spirit and memory has come at the cost of distancing myself from the organization perpetuating itself in his name.

At one time, the sycophants and functionaries at the forefront of the CoS may have been called apparatchiks or pencil pushers. Today they are bloggers, whose sole arena of combat is the internet. When they employ "satanic" ideals, it's in endless squabbles in cyberspace - rarely in real life or the real world. The LaVey I knew abhorred such types, and frequently told me as much.

I am told that many in the Church of Satan were offended by my book NO, and particularly by my essay on individuality; which they perceived as a potshot taken at them. How very perceptive - it was exactly that! If Anton were alive to read the text, he'd agree wholeheartedly; and laugh his ass off. He often lamented to me that his ideas vis-à-vis individualism were misguided and that he'd in effect "given birth to a monster"; or that such ideas applied to a few rare souls and not to everyone with the price of admission.

Consequently, my first official act as new leader and only truly ordained High Priest of the Church of Satan is to declare that the organization no longer exists. True LaVeyan Satanism only exists insofar as it is manifested in deeds - in life and living. Never in mere words. Elitism is self-defining, it is not a commodity that can be bought or sold for a few hundred dollars, or whatever the going rate is for a little, red membership card.

In the future, LaVey's ideas can only survive in so much as they constitute a living reality, and never as mere platitudes on the printed page or computer screen; and in the future, such ideas must be taken to the next level. They must be recognized as purely foundational. Not an end point, but a starting point. LaVey expressed as much to me when he appointed me Grand Master of The Order of the Trapezoid. Satanism is an initiation into the wisdom of materiality, and the trapezoid represents the mastering of materiality - the pyramid sans its keystone. It is a foundation and a beginning.

In closing, I know my words will find resonance only amongst a rare few. That's as it should be. I am not trying to "take over" the internet orthodoxy currently known as the Church of Satan, nor would I want to. I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

I am simply telling you I am Anton LaVey's handpicked replacement as High Priest. Do with that what you will. I will not ask you for money. I will not send you newsletters or post blogs. But I will never steer you wrong, nor ever disgrace the memory of my dear friend and mentor, Anton Szandor LaVey. He lives within each soul that manifests his ideas and worldview. He will remain forever dead to those who are content to pay mere lip service to them. For the former, a new era awaits; for the latter, an old error remains in play. Let the dead bury the dead - life is for the living.

Boyd Rice
High Priest, Church of Satan
Grand Master, Order of the Trapezoid
H.S.d.

RevMel2015 Chapter Head
RevMel2015 Sep 9 '15
Sounds as if Rice is on another planet as well. The last thing we need is to become "denominational" as our christian counterparts. And, that's the real danger.
Beavery
Beavery Sep 9 '15
@Zach Black Sorry to diverge from the topic of the post, but where can one purchase a new copy of Rice's book?
Zach Black Owner
Zach Black Sep 10 '15

Quote from Beavery @Zach Black Sorry to diverge from the topic of the post, but where can one purchase a new copy of Rice's book?
I have no clue. Probably on his website.
Jason King
Jason King Sep 11 '15

Quote from ...
Quote from Icecold99 What are some other big name Satanists besides Lavey, Gilmore, Rice and Aquino?  I've read all of the CoS books and enjoyed them quite a bit.  I'm looking for some more books like that. 
You might look at Michael W Ford's books. 

Also try Kenneth Grant, Anton Long, Roger Williamson, Andrew Chumbley, and Thomas Karlsson. At least if you're on that particular vibe.

If you want an approach closer to LaVey's, but a bit more challenging, try Julius Evola. And of course, be familiar with the classics such as Nietzsche, Machiavelli, Blake, Twain, Gurdjieff, and others too numerous to list.  
Zach Black Owner
Zach Black Sep 11 '15
Easy E is being to modest. Some honky named Jason King wrote a couple books. Something like Post traumatic Satanic disorder and 3 books of Able.

Check out Wilhelm Reich. Unless you are looking for psychoanalytic books, go with listen little man. Feel free to use my PDF library. Lots of books in there. I hope someone uses those resources. It cost me my 'friendship' with Adam Parfrey. As you can tell I am all shook up about it.
Quote from Easy E
Quote from ...
Quote from Icecold99 What are some other big name Satanists besides Lavey, Gilmore, Rice and Aquino?  I've read all of the CoS books and enjoyed them quite a bit.  I'm looking for some more books like that. 
You might look at Michael W Ford's books. 

Also try Kenneth Grant, Anton Long, Roger Williamson, Andrew Chumbley, and Thomas Karlsson. At least if you're on that particular vibe.

If you want an approach closer to LaVey's, but a bit more challenging, try Julius Evola. And of course, be familiar with the classics such as Nietzsche, Machiavelli, Blake, Twain, Gurdjieff, and others too numerous to list.  

Jason King
Jason King Sep 12 '15

Quote from Zach Black Easy E is being to modest.
Not really. My stuff is just not what Icecold99 was looking for. I don't tend to recommend physics textbooks when people are asking about good reads on art theory. 
Andy Mohr
Andy Mohr Sep 12 '15
Aquino is not a satanist anymore.
Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Like and Share

Donate - PayPal

This site is largely funded by donations. You can show your support by donating. Thanks. Every dollar helps. You need not a PayPal to donate either just a debit or credit card.

Satanic International Network was created by Zach Black in 2009 and is currently the most widely used social networking site for Satanists of its kind.
Zach Black-Social Media YouTube - satanicinternational & thesatanicnetwork FaceBook - SatanicInternational ( Zach Black) Instagram - satanicinternational