Mobile In Maine | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Culture » Art
Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn Aug 16 '22
I was just reading Zacks' posts about the site here(it's very cool), and how lots have met others here, among other things. It got me to thinking again, which I do on occasion, that I do travel a lot to some very nice places, and I wouldn't mind taking someone else along.

I do have a female friend that I have taken from time to time, but they complain an awful lot about my driving. My average speed is only about 60 on the backroads(my favorite), but it does get much more intense when I'm by myself, so, in that particular situation, I suppose I would prefer to be solo.

The Forum post is edited by Cornelius Coburn Aug 16 '22
Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn Aug 16 '22
Looking for more shit to do other than writing and driving; started playing in pool tournaments again. My stick mostly just bounces around in the back seat because I have fun driving around like a fuckin' lunatic, but not always.

Last night(Monday) I played in a tournament at the American Legion, and it took fucking forever(which is okay), because players have to lose five games to be eliminated. It started at 7:00 PM and I left at around 11:00 PM. It's a nice place, really clean and the balcony for smoke breaks(lots of those) which overlooks the Winthrop Beach is pretty decent.

So, for tournaments it's Monday at the American Legion, Tuesday at the Augusta Eagles, Thursday at the Gardiner Eagles, and that's all I got so far.

Just looking for some other shit to do other than what I already am, that's all.

Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn Aug 19 '22
These are the orbs I was talking about B, but I think these ones are just digital debris. The others were more interesting. I'd say these types are just effects created by reflected sunlight on aerial particles or something similar. It's a nice picture though - the Reid State Park trip

Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn Aug 20 '22
Back on the Road Again

Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn Sep 4 '22
Angel Falls : Roxbury Maine : Near Rangely

Went to Angel Falls on 9/2/22. Was going to maneuver on that big rock to the left of the base and get my hair wet, but it was easier said than done and slipped right into a deep water hole gear and all(with backpack).

Most areas were shallow and was thinking the same, but this spot was different, I'm six feet and went down a ways and didn't touch bottom. Resurfaced and treaded water for a few seconds and grabbed hold of that same big rock and inched my way back up until I could get a decent grip. Once I got my right knee on the right side of the rock things got much easier and I was pretty much safe after that.

Took my .44 out first so that didn't get wet, but holster, wallet, backpack - all soaked.

Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn Sep 6 '22
Maybe my sneakers will be dry today.
Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn Nov 25 '22
I'm in between cars right now. I was up north driving on an unfamiliar back road and briefly interacted with a jogger right before a sharp hidden turn followed by a quick stop (stop sign), and because of all those dried up pine needles on the road I slid right into a ditch and hit a small tree.

The good part about all this is that the insurance company is giving me twice what I paid for it. It was messed up pretty good, but I was fine and the air bags didn't even deploy. I just had some insurance documents notarized, so it shouldn't be too much longer now.

Looking forward to getting out of the house again.

Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn Nov 28 '22
For my next car I think I either want a Dodge Challenger RT/SRT (V8 of course), or a Mustang GT (ditto). The Mustang has a few more horses at around 435, and supposedly is nearly a second faster from 0 - 60.

I've never had a Mustang but might be leaning towards it at this point; maybe even go for a manual transmission - first on that too. Chevy Camaro is a nice looking car also. I had one of those a long time ago, but it was lagging quite a bit on acceleration; maybe the newer ones are different.

But yeah, I'm thinking Mustang GT right now, and it ain't gonna be much longer - the wait is almost over.

Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn Nov 30 '22
Some people are trying to tell me that I only need a car to get me from point A to point B, but for me there is a lot more to it than that.
Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn Dec 3 '22
Money has supposedly been on the way since Tuesday (four days ago), but neither me nor the bank has seen anything yet. Still leaning towards a Mustang with a manual tranny.
Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn Dec 8 '22
I got my money two days ago, still waiting on my credit union to get theirs though. There's so few V8 Mustangs for sale that I can find that I considered a V6, but that was short-lived since the numbers are anything but impressive. I'm seeing 205 HP for a V6 Mustang? For fuck sakes, I had a V6 Chrysler Sebring (nice car) that was 200, it sucked in the winter though, there were times I didn't even make it out of the driveway.

The numbers for Camaros, Chargers, and Challengers are looking pretty good and also the higher end Mustangs - anything above 350 HP that's not too heavy would be good. I might even consider a foreign car, but I just don't like the looks of most of them.

Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn Dec 9 '22
Lots of V6 Mustangs that look nice but lacking in power. The Challengers are looking good with the HP to boot. The Camaros got the HP, but the front end looks a little weird. Some V6 Chargers but not very sporty and a little heavy, and I don't really need a Sedan (four door). The Audis and BMWs are small, fast, and in my price range - one speedometer went to 180.

Also looking at a variety of other small, fast, sporty cars - like turbocharged. As for color, I would prefer black, red or a combination thereof. Lots to choose from in my price range.

Got my money; still waiting on the bank to get their end though.

The Forum post is edited by Cornelius Coburn Dec 10 '22
Dantalion
Dantalion Dec 12 '22
@CorneliusCoburn
Do you have to throw sand bags in the back to weigh your Charger down when it snows? My boss has a Camaro and he’s been doing that this winter but he’s still having a hard time getting traction.
Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn Dec 12 '22

I've had two Chargers and I don't really recall either one having any problems handling a Maine winter. The first one was a 3.5 V6 RWD and the second was a V8 HEMI AWD. I did have a 2.7 Chrysler Sebring FWD before that though and that thing was awful in the winter; there were times I didn't even make it out of the driveway, and if I did moderate inclines were also a bitch.

Coincidently, I was just reading/thinking about this; that maybe if I went with one of the lighter RWDs I might need the sandbags, but I guess the Chargers were heavy enough so it wasn't a problem, but in spite of that though I would still rather have a lighter car for faster acceleration et cetera.

The Forum post is edited by Cornelius Coburn Dec 12 '22
Cornelius Coburn
I'm thinking about trying out one of those BMW 650is at 360 HP; everything checks out except the color though. The black interior is nice but I'm not a fan of the silver exterior, plus I absolutely loathe that artificial wood grain that they put on some of the interior trim although it's not too overdone like on the Sebring I had.

Also having a hard time finding the sportier cars I like near where I live, so I might opt for a delivery if possible.

Cornelius Coburn
The Chargers also had some monstrous fucking tires compared to the Sebring, so I'm sure that was a factor also. I think they were fairly close in the weight department so maybe the tires were more of a factor.
Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn Dec 16 '22
Was thinking about this car right down the street from me. Don't really like the light brown interior but could throw some black seat covers over it. BMW 5 Series at 400 HP for under ten grand :

Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn Dec 18 '22
A couple of people have said not to get a BWM because they are a bitch to work on and get parts for, and that parts are pricey as well. I'm also noticing a few cars that are over 300 HP but not quite as sporty looking as what I had in mind.

I'm being a bit pickier about things this time around. The last two Chargers I grabbed up in a heartbeat and didn't look any further; not this time, and I see a lot of Chargers but I'm still looking.

Cornelius Coburn
Cornelius Coburn Dec 24 '22
So, this time around I went with a Volvo S60 T6. It's a bit of a darker red than the last Charger, and in lieu of the crappy light brown interior begging for black seat covers, this is all nice and black on the inside. The turbocharged straight six produces 325 horsepower and 354 pounds of torque which likely accounts for its touchy pedal and lag free responsiveness, and last but not least for my five trivial and not so trivial preferences it has a sport mode for manual shifting.

I paid roughly eleven grand for this one.

Baphomets Mod
Baphomets Dec 24 '22
Picture please.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »
Satanic International Network was created by Zach Black in 2009.
Certain features and pages can only be viewed by registered users.

Join Now

Spread the Word. Help Us Grow

Share:

Donate - PayPal